Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'm stunnned to read in the transfer thread that some people think relegation would be acceptable!

I'm stunned to read in this thread that some think it is inevitable this season.

I'm stunned by both :lol:

We won't go down.

Relegation?

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

You cant guarantee it wont happen, never say never! personally i dont think we will go down either but football is a funny old game and the teams around us this season are a lot stronger, if Villa dont pull together as a team and put in 100% week in week out who knows what could happen this season.

0 points after 4 games and I can only begin to imagine this place

I actually think that is what our point total will be after the Swansea game.

Southampton game will be huge.

It always amazes me how so many people can look at the same picture and see different things. No-one is 'wrong' and it their right to believe as they do.

Me, I fall on the pessimistic side of the fence. But then I only come on here when I want to vent anyway - if things are going well then I'm as happy and carry on with life. If it's depressing then I spout off on VillaTalk rather than at my girlfriend! Same way as you don't talk about your health or money unless there is a problem that needs addressing.

And Villa, in my eyes, have a big problem at the moment. We have to be considered Relegation candidates. We've been close two years running and haven't added any proven quality - we've removed some waste and taken gambles on young players. But if desire was all you needed then you could pick 11 guys from VillaTalk and we'd be ok.

Our keeper is losing form for whatever reason. Our defence was a shambles but is now unknown. Although I think we're all disappointed Cuellar left and I find it amusing everyone is hoping for a quick return for Dunne when most have been screaming for him to be sold. Our midfield is almost unchanged - Petrov hopefully replaced by El Ahmadi but the rest are very young or injured. The strikeforce is much the same, Bent a hope as long as he gets service and remains fit. Gabby constantly battling injuries and Delf replaced by another untested youngster. Add Benteke and reports range from promising to petulant and clinical to a (rather amusingly read) 'less graceful version of Heskey'!

We have a much better manager but we still need players with quality. And every time people say look what he did at Norwich with lower league players all I actually hear is "we're a small club and just happy to be in the Premiership". We are, as it stands, no different than Reading, Swansea and Southampton - except their on a crest of a wave and we're in a two year downward spiral.

How we have dropped so quickly is amazing and frankly I don't care how it happened - that's the past. No point wasting time trying to attribute blame. But, as for relegation, I think we have to be considered one of the worst 5 teams in the league and, as such, injuries and luck will play a huge part as to whether we survive this season.

Will we be relegated? I don't know. Is it laughable to suggest as much, no way. Relegation is definitely more likely than a top half finish.

Whether we get relegated or not I really don't care.. I am just going to enjoy our time in this league as personally I don't think we'll be in it in 5 years no matter how much we improve. We as a club are being priced out of this league, the average price of a player is between £10-£20 million and that's for average Premier League players. The average wage is now £60k a week.. We can shop abroad but eventually our luck will run out and we will be out of the Premier League because we couldn't keep up with the massive spending that is going on, we won't be the only one suffering this fate either so we aren't alone in being priced out, but I'm just going to enjoy the league while we are in it.

Same but then I see wins at Southampton and home to WBA

Same but then I see wins at Southampton and home to WBA

I see somewhere between 1 and 3 points from thos two games.

I have a funny feeling we will get something from tomorrows game.

Wish I shared your view. Our new left back isn't match fit and our new midfielder, who i don't think has the immediate quality to start, isn't eligible to play. Our midfield is very lightweight and will get bullied as in the Everton game. Only chance we have is to play 4-5-1.

Not knocking the new recruits but i would expect them to compete next season, not this.

I have a funny feeling we will get something from tomorrows game.

Wish I shared your view. Our new left back isn't match fit and our new midfielder, who i don't think has the immediate quality to start, isn't eligible to play. Our midfield is very lightweight and will get bullied as in the Everton game. Only chance we have is to play 4-5-1.

Not knocking the new recruits but i would expect them to compete next season, not this.

Could very well be a repeat of the hammering we got there a couple of years back.

Was it 6-1 that day