Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

i just hate the way faulkner and lerner have destroyed our great club. next season we will be going to places like the valley and the sty

despite all his faults even ellis never took us down in this fashion when the PL was formed

i will never forgive you you clearings in the woods for this, sell up you idiot if you dont want to help the club

I didn't think the performance today was that bad although the passing is still to be desired, absolutely shocking decision for the penalty when a yellow card for simulation to the saints player would have been the right decision, I'm still behind Lambert 100% it's just that utter prick of a chairman I want rid of, if he ain't prepared to spend to give this club a chance of staying up then I bloody hope he loses shit loads of his personal fortune when we get relegated...UTV SOTC

Even if Lerner decided to give Lambert £100m in the morning, one look at the league table will tell any prospective player that it would be career suicide to come here.

James Chester is getting promoted with Hull. He'd look like a proper tit to come here instead and have another year in the championship to look forward to while his current teammates are playing premiership football next season.

I think behind the scenes they have maybe been preparing for relegation.. getting rid of the higher earners getting players in from the lower leagues.. I know it's what Lambert done at Norwich but at Norwich they went up together.

It was never going to work here, he came and inherited a very poor squad and added inexperience to that.

Maybe they have already planned for relegation.. it's the only reason I can think of for them being so naive.

We're doomed. Basically there are no teams worse than us in the league. This leaves only one direction possible, and as for decisions going against us , thats a red herring as all teams get bad decisions; its just that for us the impact will always be worse because we're in such a mess everyhere.

Hopefully if we do go down Lerner will sell up tosome rich Arabs at a knockdown price

We are where we patently deserve to be....right in the brown stuff!

Successive years of appalling decisions made at boardroom level, at managerial level and on the pitch by under-achieving or sub-standard players, has cost the club big time. It's been a shambolic three or so years.

We've become the laughing stock of the league and will shortly lose our place in it.

If the recent reports are accurate about little or no spending in this transfer window then you don't have to be Einstein to see the writing is clearly on the wall and painted in huge luminous letters!!

As for the game today, we were inadequate all over the pitch and although the penalty decision was wrong I felt Saints deserved to be winning by that stage. Second half showed an improvement but there is little or no quality in the time and a mental fragility that leads the players to making wrong decisions at crucial times or just fluffing it. Lambert is absolutely to blame for this and deserves the sack.

I've seen some great Villa teams and my fair share of embarassing ones but this current crop are certainly as bad as ANYTHING I have ever seen.

I applaud all those amazing fans who go week in, week out and put up with the crap we are going to see for the foreseeable future.

I can't see anything but relegation now with Rab C McFuckwit in charge, hes a dead man walking and has absolutely no ideas on how to get us out of this mess. With another manager we may have a slim chance and I think that slim chance has to be better than nothing.

We're doomed. Basically there are no teams worse than us in the league. This leaves only one direction possible, and as for decisions going against us , thats a red herring as all teams get bad decisions; its just that for us the impact will always be worse because we're in such a mess everyhere.

Hopefully if we do go down Lerner will sell up tosome rich Arabs at a knockdown price

Rich Arabs will have zero interest in buying a Midlands club in the Championship.