Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We have the worst squad in the Premiership, in fact this team will struggle next season when we're playing in the Championship, we'll finish mid table at best.

Dark days ahead, **** you Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert.

Evidence of future results of football games? Interesting concept. What would that look like, I wonder?

The fact is those people that keep spouting' we will be fine' etc. have nothing other than blind faith and hope to base their statements on. Many people have done it and many have failed. The only thing to base anything on is evidence otherwise the whole world may well be run with a crystal ball mentality.

Sorry to be so logical and factual but some people need a reality check in their lives.

Six teams. And we are eight points short of being exactly mid-table.

I agree with you that in terms of points we've still got a fair chance of staying in the league but on the pitch we look absolutely dreadful and if this carries on then there's only thing that will happen.

Of course I'm not going to claim that we will go down because that would be silly but something has to change otherwise we're in big trouble.

Six teams. And we are eight points short of being exactly mid-table.

Also 5 points above bottom and I know which way we are more than likely to go and it's not up. We are 3 points above Reading who may just win more games than us before the season ends.

Why? Lambert hasn't shown so far that he can get us out of this.

great question. I'm dealing in the currency of a football fan, faith and hope. Without that there isn't much left. If you're asking for some scientific proof or evidence or prediction of results, you ain't going to get it from me.
  • Like 1

great question. I'm dealing in the currency of a football fan, faith and hope. Without that there isn't much left. If you're asking for some scientific proof or evidence or prediction of results, you ain't going to get it from me.

I wasn't asking for any kind of statistical evidence, mainly what it is that gives you faith and hope.

The fact is those people that keep spouting' we will be fine' etc. have nothing other than blind faith and hope to base their statements on. Many people have done it and many have failed. The only thing to base anything on is evidence otherwise the whole world may well be run with a crystal ball mentality.

Sorry to be so logical and factual but some people need a reality check in their lives.

What's the point of it all then? Anything can happen in football. That's the beauty of it, how unpredictable it is. If you were going on evidence then we should be able to beat Liverpool since we've proved we can do that this season. Yes our forms been bad but that doesn't mean we can't turn it around. Our form going into the Chelsea game didn't warrant an 8 - 0 loss did it.

What's the point of it all then? Anything can happen in football. That's the beauty of it, how unpredictable it is. If you were going on evidence then we should be able to beat Liverpool since we've proved we can do that this season. Yes our forms been bad but that doesn't mean we can't turn it around. Our form going into the Chelsea game didn't warrant an 8 - 0 loss did it.

Current evidence shows that we have scored less goals than any other PL team.

Current evidence shows that we have conceded more goals than any other PL team.

Current evidence shows that we have failed to score in 10 of our 22 league games (that's just over 45.45%)

Current evidence shows that we have the worst goal difference in the league.

Current evidence shows that we are now in the relegation zone (and this has been an obvious eventuality to all but the most optimistic).

I look at the current evidence and base a decision on this as this is all I have to go on. I can't and won't invent things to make the likely outcome look prettier.

Therefore currently I would say we are up shit creek without a paddle and heading for relegation.

If new evidence comes to light then I will re-assess my decision.

If you were indeed being logical and factual, you wouldn't be asking for evidence of events which are yet to happen, or assuming that past events will exactly repeat what has gone before. Assuming the inevitability of one set of outcomes rather than another (at least in a matter like this) is indeed blind faith, or superstition. And if existing trends were bound to continue, there's no need for anyone to play the second half of a season. Let's just call it a day when the weather gets a bit cold, and assume everything would have carried on as before.

• Like 2

I honestly didnt think it could get any worse from last season.

In retrospect that was foolish of me.

To be fair, the season is far from over. Last season we had an ok first half and a dreadful second half. This season we've had a dreadful first half. I was hoping we'd have a decent second half but if anything we've gotten worse. Obviously that could all change (like it did 2 seasons ago) but as things stand I can't see it. I have absolutely no faith in Lambert and I doubt we'll spend much either.

Not looking good, no longer in our own hands and we are in dire form.

I still think we will stay up

Rich, do you still think Lerner will back Lambert like you said earlier in the season? I get the feeling your willing to give Lerner a chance is waining

Edited by villarocker