Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

After today i think we are gone, should have brought players in before today, after bradford midweek it shown how shit our squad is

What makes the loss today worse is the fact that Bradford lost 2-1 today at home to Oxford United.. How can we lose 3-1 to a side not good enough to beat Oxford?

What's wrong in the team is that we don't have anyone to dictate the tempo/game and take the responsibility to make things happen. Westwood is good for calming the game down and keeping everything neat and tidy but he's not that sort of player. Lerner and Lambert needs to buy a midfielder who can put his foot down on the game but I can't see Lambert turning the team around even with anyone like that.

I had high hopes for Lambert but he clearly can't motivate the players to fight and they look like they've lost faith in him too.

I know Mark Hughes probably wouldn't be choice for most people but is there anyone else to take the job?

I need a support group. I remember the last time we got relegated but it strangely didn't affect me as badly. I think it was obvious to me from very early in that season but this team now looks the same to me. Dead men walking. The difference this time is that we have so much more to lose and a club of our size will not have it as easy as the last time. Look at Leeds.

This is the worst Villa team I have ever seen. It's not even close. When we were nearly getting relegated last time we had the likes all Allback and Angel to turn to. Now we have Agbonlahor and Dunne.

We might as well buy the Bradford first team to play them instead of our players... we'd have a better chance of surviving.

Never been so pessimistic before in my life.

Lerner has single handed **** this club up. Who would have thought we could find a more incompetent owner than Ellis.

Edited by VillaLi0n

This season reminds me in so many ways of the Middlesbore team that got stuffed full of kids, the great performances against some of the bigger teams that almost always ended in defeat, the utter ease that most teams employed a tactic of "score first, wait for comic implosion" to get results.

And then the relegation, selling of all their assets and what 4 years later they're still starting as "prime promotion candidates" and they're still struggling to get out of the league.

Having said that, I still think we'll say up (based on nothing more than hopeless delusion - I had expected a nice comfortable 2-0 today). But if not, que sera - I get to look forward to the Cardiff match after they manage to nause up promotion for the 50th season in a row.

We're gone. There's no way back for me now. I'm just getting sick and tired of paying and traveling to villa park now. 3 years of consecutive shite. My last season ticket now. Could spend my time and money in much more enjoyable ways.

Very bad set of results today.

Thanks a bunch, you Baggies.

I take some heart from Southampton's next few fixtures - I doubt they will get much from Man U, Everton or Chelsea.

But that is what it comes down to now - hoping others will falter more than we do.

This thread was created I'm Aug based on the team at that team. We had the rest of the transfer window to address this and we didn't. If we make the same mistake this jan then we are going down.

Btw what would u give for a back four of Hutton, Collins, Cuellor and Warnock right now?

This thread was created I'm Aug based on the team at that team. We had the rest of the transfer window to address this and we didn't. If we make the same mistake this jan then we are going down.

Btw what would u give for a back four of Hutton, Collins, Cuellor and Warnock right now?

We could still field three of our back four from last season when Dunne is fit (next week).