Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

What is everyone elses thoughts about this and the next 21 days?.

Personally I have tried to be optimistic and I don't see how we're getting out of this one. If we sign a player before Southampton we may have a chance but if the side that faced Bradford go out there on Saturday they won't win. At that point I don't see us beating West Brom and Newcastle at this point is hit or miss, I think our season will be over come next weekend when West Brom beat us. I think what Lambert is trying to do is just too little too late and I'm preparing for the Championship.

The problem with us as fans is as soon as we go behind on Saturday what will happen?

That's right booing and a shit atmosphere blaming everyone else but ourselves time and time again.

The team needs us more than ever and howerver, cliched it is I think we can help; i will at least give it a go. Whoevers fault it is that cannot be helped come sat at 3, lets give the team a boost a helping hand!

• Like 1

The team, players and manager etc all need our support yes and we cannot boo them as this will send out the wrong signals.

If we are to play poor, get beat etc. and boo, then Boo by all means but then chant afterwards why we are booing to make it known WHO we are unhappy with!

Follow a chant with something anti Lerner etc. as thats where this problem of this club now lies!

THERES ONLY ONE PAUL LAMBERT should also be defiantely be chanted before, during and after the game despite any result!!

Fans have been rock solid behind the team and Lambert all season. The team has not responded and Lambert has continued to make mistakes.

I dont blame any fan who has had enough and wants to vent their anger.

It is entirely the clubs fault we are going into this game with no new signings. If we lose then fans are more than entitled to let rip at the poor decision making around the club.

If we destroy Southampton similar to how they destroyed us then the team should rightfully enjoy a shower of rose petals upon their heads, I hope thats what will happen. But nobody really beleives we can destroy any premier league team do they? Thats the problem.

Jesus I am a negative bastard today :) Sorry all, but the lack of transfers is really unforgivable.

• Like 1

But then what IF these events enfold - we do beat southampton, we get a result against WBA and somehow manage to make the league cup final - but maybe only 2 championship type signings or maybe none at all?

DO we forget about the events of frustration over the last few days and go along in the sense of 'oh everythings fine again now' and mask out what only took a £7500 assembled football team to unearth the real problems at VP that have been discovered in the last few days?

Or do we still keep up the reality that it will only take 3 more losses on the bounce after the cup final to land us back to where we our now (and by then by miracle could be holding the Lge Cup & a place in europe next season) yet still being ready to fall off the cliff at any moment and disaster striking?? (keep in mind we still have to play at home to Man C, Chelsea & Liverplop aswell as away to Manure, Everton & Spurs).

I can't believe our once great club is in this mess. After all the money we have spent over the past 5 years how do we have a team that would probably struggle in the championship.

Please please please sign some players. Hell loan some players if you have too. Just do something!!!!

No.

I think for the most part the fans have been extremely patient. Didn't hear any boos whatsoever during or at the end the Spurs game, our heaviest home defeat in the PL era. There were boos at Wigan, and deservedly so, but nothing like there was during the reigns of GH and McLeish.

Despite the result against Southampton Lambert will probably be asked in the post match interview about transfers. If he is under budget constraints then its the perfect opportunity to say so. It would actually take some of the pressure off Lambert as well as the team and put massive pressure on Lerner to release the required funding.

Odd reault?

Everton, Southampton, Chelsea, Wigan, Bradford and others are not the odd result at all.

I'm surprised how ignorant people are to the situation at hand

How many more thrashings will it take for people to realise how shite we are

The players we have are simply not good enough

Do people expect us to stay in the Premier League by some kind of divine right or something? We have a squad full of championship players so we will be playing championship football next season