Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I honestly didnt think it could get any worse from last season.

In retrospect that was foolish of me.

On the other hand, at the end of that season, we played 16 more games, picking up only 11 more points and could've got relegated with two points less. That could've been the Fulham game were AW got the lucky goal at the last minute.

So, in hope, there's no reason why we wouldn't go the other way and better last season's points tally...

Rich, do you still think Lerner will back Lambert like you said earlier in the season? I get the feeling your willing to give Lerner a chance is waiting.

i'm less convinced than I was I'll admit that

If you were indeed being logical and factual, you wouldn't be asking for evidence of events which are yet to happen, or assuming that past events will exactly repeat what has gone before. Assuming the inevitability of one set of outcomes rather than another (at least in a matter like this) is indeed blind faith, or superstition. And if existing trends were bound to continue, there's no need for anyone to play the second half of a season. Let's just call it a day when the weather gets a bit cold, and assume everything would have carried on as before.

You would make a good politician. You take someones statement and twist it around until it looks like you are right. Sorry but you have nothing to base your comments on other than your personal belief.

Better luck next time.

Current evidence shows that we have scored less goals than any other PL team.

Current evidence shows that we have conceded more goals than any other PL team.

Current evidence shows that we have failed to score in 10 of our 22 league games (that's just over 45.45%)

Current evidence shows that we have the worst goal difference in the league.

Current evidence shows that we are now in the relegation zone (and this has been an obvious eventuality to all but the most optimistic).

I look at the current evidence and base a decision on this as this is all I have to go on. I can't and won't invent things to make the likely outcome look prettier.

Therefore currently I would say we are up shit creek without a paddle and heading for relegation.

If new evidence comes to light then I will re-assess my decision.

The fact that we've scored the least and conceded the most should surely mean we should be bottom then yet we've only just gone into the bottom 3. You can't base football on current evidence otherwise man city would have gave up with 6 games to go last season when they were what? 8 points behind Man U of all teams. They don't let leads like that slip.

I know that's a different scenario than what we're in but point is if you went on form and such there would be no point in even turning up.

The fact that we've scored the least and conceded the most should surely mean we should be bottom then yet we've only just gone into the bottom 3. You can't base football on current evidence otherwise man city would have gave up with 6 games to go last season when they were what? 8 points behind Man U of all teams. They don't let leads like that slip.

I know that's a different scenario than what we're in but point is if you went on form and such there would be no point in even turning up.

Hence why I included my last sentence.

Do you feel cheated Rich? I mean, were you led to believe things would be different?

still a way to go in January , not sure cheated is the right word. Gullible may be closer to the mark and maybe one that others will be keen to use, so let me put it out the right now!

I had alot of faith in Lambert, I had alot of faith in our young players - I still believe with the right experience around them, a few could flourish. But without that experience, which does not look like it is forthcoming. This once great club, a mainstay in the top flight of premiership football will be going down.

Todays game really hit hard with me. I honestly see no way out and im devastated.

Reasons for hope, Ron Vlaar being fit again. I think we need Dunne aswell as much as I think he is way past his best, he is a leader with vast experience. We need orders barked at these inexperienced kids.

We desperately if nothing else need a strong midfielder.

Relegation is something I have not once even considered for us during the last 21 years as a fan, not even last year.

Whatever happens UTV.

Villa, at this moment in time, are a disfunctional family. A short while ago I would have poured scorn on the slightest possibility of going down. Now, I'm seeing worrying signs that this side don't have what it takes to get us out of the shite. I'm afraid, either we pull off some transfer magic with heaps of freshly injected cash, or its a step or two nearer the Championship for us. And no way on earth, on this form, would we bounce straight back up.

For me we are going to need atleast between 40/45 points - as it looks - to stay up.

Meaning we are going to need to get atleast 20/26 points from our remaining 16 games (46pts available)!

To be honest I cannot see where the next goal is going to come from let alone points!