Rino8

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

And do you wish him well at Liverpool or are you enjoying his struggles?

of course I wish him well, as I said we be already relegated without him and acted with class while getting his transfer unlike some people

we were lucky we had him for 3 seasons

I'd like to see Benteke do well at Liverpool.  He's one of the few guys who leaves with my blessing, we already got our 'one more year' out of him, admittedly injury probably was a factor in him staying but he still stayed, we almost quadrupled our cash on him and while I think we all agree he could probably have done a bit better than Liverpool they are still a huge name who won the Champions League during his formative years.  We were happy for Benteke to be ambitious when he was leaving Genk so we can't really complain when he decides to have a crack at the top end of the table. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Mignolet, one of the very worst keepers in the league, signs a 5 year deal LOL

Fair enough they want to hang on to him, assess their options but 5 years?!?!

It's like something Newcastle would do :lol:

play benteke: omg why arnt liverpool playing to his strengths!? wingers keep cutting in. why arnt they crossing to him??

without benteke: LOL klopp why arnt you playing benteke?? 

its almost as if systems top teams tend to prefer makes benteke flaws really really obvious (you can argue whether plop is a top team or not, but the style of play theyre trying to implement is that of a upper/top team)

you cant just go spamming high crosses when youre a top team. and hes too slow (no im not saying hes actually slow) to justify being offside the amount he is. And his decision making is surprisingly quite slow. However i do agree he can score goals out of nothing which are world class goals. But choosing a player whos strengths are only highlighted in the least optimal way of playing is not a good reason to play a striker. Hes just close to a perfect bench striker for any top team. (but for 32m lol??). And obv other guys pressing > benteke pressing

people keep saying liverpool was a bad move for him. Who did you think he was going to sign for and be first choice? Liverpool was the perfect move for him to be able to show he can handle playing for a top team style and if he proves himself there, he can go onto greater things when he was about 26/27.

He would have been good for moyes united though...shock he got fired for trying to spam 40 low+high crosses per game which wasnt enough.  (low crosses byline crosses > high floaty crosses, and you prefer a striker whos quick/agile to get on the end of them)

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Liverpool should be building the team abound tekkers. Not implementing him in a side that hasnt been good enough for last few season. You play to his strengths he will score goals. If plop were to allow him to go on loan he should definitely come back here. He would be main man again and I gurantee he will get us goals and improve his chances for the Euros

thats so wrong for a top team. you build around squad. not striker. im sorry. but its very simplistic way of viewing football to view your team around your striker. If that was a case then darren bent would be playing for a top top team (shock he never played for one, and none was ever interested, and he got transfered from spurs when they was trying to push on...you need so so so so so much more)

i some what laugh at the football fans here who think they know more than a high press manager trying to implement a top team style within. just lol if you think you know more than them. there is so so so so so much difference between a team like AVFC and a top/higher team that people really need to realise.

they literally need to be elite elite elite to builld team around . but im sorry hes not

Edited by gharperr

im pretty sure i could write paragraphs and paragraphs why benteke is not good enough for a top team. and those who try to counter my points only explain benteke for a lower team in a very short way that is easy to disprove for a top team.

he should come back here though :(!

im pretty sure..the only person here who has tried to prove me wrong is pieface / or offer an alternative . rest keep ignoring my posts and then say a few weeks later "why isnt benteke playing for X, why not klopp playing team around him" (although i think pieface is slowly agreeing with me :P )

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, gharperr said:

thats so wrong for a top team. you build around squad. not striker. im sorry. but its very simplistic way of viewing football to view your team around your striker. If that was a case then darren bent would be playing for a top top team (shock he never played for one, and none was ever interested, and he got transfered from spurs when they was trying to push on...you need so so so so so much more)

i some what laugh at the football fans here who think they know more than a high press manager trying to implement a top team style within. just lol if you think you know more than them. there is so so so so so much difference between a team like AVFC and a top/higher team that people really need to realise.

they literally need to be elite elite elite to builld team around . but im sorry hes not

Do you not know forward thinking hipster clubs build their team around Rudy Gestede.....

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone know who this Alex Texereia guy is....

He has been at Shakhtar a long time and only started really showing his class now that Adriano is gone, he was attacking midfielder and think he has been pushed up top now. hands down top scorer in Ukraine this season, he could leave now and will still probably end season as top scorer

I've seen a bit of Luiz Adriano playing for Meelan and he looks like a bloke who's won a raffle at half time, certainly compared to Bacca. Very mediocre striker even if he did score a million goals in the Ukraine league.

You'd think Brazil would call him up seeing as they were playing 35 year old Ricardo Oliveria in the last round of World cup qualifiers. 

Dunga doesnt like calling up players from Ukrainian League, Bernard hasnt been called up in a while either. Except Adriano most of Brazilians at Shakhtar have been successes since going bigger leagues Costa, Willian, Fernandinho so Adriano might come good eventually he wasnt instant success in Ukraine either

Â