Rino8

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

saw a video of fans invading the pitch at the end. Dont know how true it is

If it's the same one I saw on twitter, it's not. No sign of them on the TV coverage, of them on the pitch. Not even Anfield in that video, I don't think. 

Just now, dAVe80 said:

If it's the same one I saw on twitter, it's not. No sign of them on the TV coverage, of them on the pitch. Not even Anfield in that video, I don't think. 

yeah it might be the same one, then again the media might want to blank it out as Liverpool wouldnt bring football into the dark ages like Villa fans did last season :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah it might be the same one, then again the media might want to blank it out as Liverpool wouldnt bring football into the dark ages like Villa fans did last season :P

Lawro would probably top himself! 

I noticed that Benteke is still taking penalties in the same way he used to for us. He sort of walks up to the ball, gets the keeper going in one direction and rolls it in in the other. Balotelli used to do it as well. There are probably others but you don't see it very often.

11 hours ago, Mantis said:

I noticed that Benteke is still taking penalties in the same way he used to for us. He sort of walks up to the ball, gets the keeper going in one direction and rolls it in in the other. Balotelli used to do it as well. There are probably others but you don't see it very often.

The Yak was brilliant at it.

He doesn't walk up to the ball though, that's the whole point of it. 

He fakes a hard shot (big back swing, lifts his arm) which causes the keeper to commit, then slots it to whichever side the goalkeeper doesn't move to.

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He doesn't walk up to the ball though, that's the whole point of it. 

He fakes a hard shot (big back swing, lifts his arm) which causes the keeper to commit, then slots it to whichever side the goalkeeper doesn't move to.

You'd think that it would be every bit as easy for a keeper to fake a dive in the other direction, particularly as you then wouldn't have to move very quickly in the other direction to get to the shot.

30 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You'd think that it would be every bit as easy for a keeper to fake a dive in the other direction, particularly as you then wouldn't have to move very quickly in the other direction to get to the shot.

Honestly, I'm not totally convinced Benteke still doesn't just guess some of the time and get lucky.

I remember in that West Brom game last season Foster did exactly what you said there. Faked one way and dived the other. Luckily Benteke put it the way he faked.

Â