Rino8

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

That would be absolutely glorious. Not going to happen though. Liverpool to Spurs is much of a muchness. Liverpool to Villa is something to cry yourself to sleep over.

I hear what you're saying.

Loan deal until the end of the season it is then ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Genie said:

and how "fashionable" players and managers make an absolute killing often without having having the CV to back it up. 

Won two league titles and got a CL final with Dortmund.

Yes, purely fashionable..

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

klopp has a style of football that will work once he has the players to play it, it will take time, he seems to have sorted the counter attacking away from home style very quickly but they're struggling to beat men behind the ball teams at home, thats understandable IMO, he's not a quick manager, he's someone who will actually build something there given a chance

he needs time, the media wont give it to him, think the fans might but results like man city (where they were brilliant) wont actually help him, he won that city game and they're straight back on to the our year bullshit

mignolet, bogdan, skrtel etc they arent his players, he needs a new keeper, a new CB and a striker who will play his high pressing way

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Won two league titles and got a CL final with Dortmund.

Yes, purely fashionable..

Have you forgotton about the relegation and failure to return in the other of his only 2 jobs?

Its a bit like AVB, a small amount of success and getting paid stupid money at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Too much too soon for me, but I guess this is modern football.

Edited by Genie

I can see why they aren't playing Benteke. But I think us (Villa fans) kinda knew he weren't really the right fit for Liverpool, and how they play. Now Klopp has arrived with his pressing style of football,  I think it will be even harder for Benteke to get game time as pressing really isn't his game. 

Quite sad really to watch him on the bench. Could be doing so much more. 

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

klopp has a style of football that will work once he has the players to play it, it will take time, he seems to have sorted the counter attacking away from home style very quickly but they're struggling to beat men behind the ball teams at home, thats understandable IMO, he's not a quick manager, he's someone who will actually build something there given a chance

he needs time, the media wont give it to him, think the fans might but results like man city (where they were brilliant) wont actually help him, he won that city game and they're straight back on to the our year bullshit

mignolet, bogdan, skrtel etc they arent his players, he needs a new keeper, a new CB and a striker who will play his high pressing way

opposite for me that he has a style of football that is one dimensional and easily found out. He has players that could play his way but dont seem to be getting it right. He idd it vs City why cant do it in other games

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Have you forgotton about the relegation and failure to return in the other of his only 2 jobs?

any idea of his netspend + wages for this team over a  decent time period? Managers themselves are "over-valued/over-rated" imo by general public. theres only so much a manager can do and does any manager really outperform netspend+wages on a semi-consistent basis? so if that team had relegation netspend+wages then him getting relegated with them isnt really that bad. ( i dont know though if they had)

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I can see why they aren't playing Benteke. But I think us (Villa fans) kinda knew he weren't really the right fit for Liverpool, and how they play. Now Klopp has arrived with his pressing style of football,  I think it will be even harder for Benteke to get game time as pressing really isn't his game. 

Quite sad really to watch him on the bench. Could be doing so much more. 

i was telling most on here that benteke isnt good enough for top 4 and liverpool is perfect move for his carear. If he cant do it for liverpool then im afraid there isnt really a team which is the right fit for him which would be better than liverpool where opposition will seat even further back.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

opposite for me that he has a style of football that is one dimensional and easily found out. He has players that could play his way but dont seem to be getting it right. He idd it vs City why cant do it in other games

the guy has to teach his playstyle mid season with international breaks / mid week games with a team which isnt his at all. 

Edited by gharperr

1 minute ago, gharperr said:

i was telling most on here that benteke isnt good enough for top 4 and liverpool is perfect move for his carear. If he cant do it for liverpool then im afraid there isnt really a team which is the right fit for him which would be better than liverpool where opposition will seat even further back vs that team.

Why couldn't Benteke get into the Man United team? Or the Chelsea team? I'm sure he'd offer Chelsea more than Costa is right now, and has been all season. 

Edited by PieFacE

38 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Why couldn't Benteke get into the Man United team? Or the Chelsea team? I'm sure he'd offer Chelsea more than Costa is right now, and has done all season. 

a 4 month time period with the whole team playing aids due to (probable) external factors (aka mourinho) isnt really a good enough reason to write off costa and to choose a sub-par elite striker over him. Especially when that team can just go splash 50m on the next elite striker which would offer more than benteke so why bother with him? Its becoming close to a necessity for top teams to press now and if benteke cant do it for liverpool then he will struggle with higher teams.

Ive read people on here moaning at plop for not playing to benteke strengths and their wide players cutting in too much and not crossing the ball for him. Spamming crosses with high possession turnovers and leaving yourself to be countered for a low quality scoring chance isnt really something (most) top teams do all that much anymore. It essentially makes the whole gegenpressing/counterpressing pointless

Hard to judge united with LVG as manager who kills all creative freedom for attackers. Could be good for LVG hoofball but then again, most fans want him out for such a style. Benteke either has to be a striker on the bench for top teams where he will instantly get moved back onto the bench when the star striker becomes fit or do a lukaku.

Edited by gharperr

well he never got any service or support under Lambert last season and had to be taken off his shackles under Tim to get going again

49 goals in 100 games is brilliant record, doing it while playing for a shit team makes it more impressive since he was played a few of them games injured

17 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Yeah a 1:2 goals to games ratio in a team who constantly battled relegation and provided little service really isn't up to scratch. :rolleyes:

Read it again and maybe it will drop...

He had 2 short red hot spells and scored a tonne of goals. Outside of that he was poor, I'm sure you could read hundreds of pages on the main forum to confirm that.

EDIT: Bit of a blonde moment, it'll be this forum won't it :lol:

Edited by Genie

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Read it again and maybe it will drop...

He had 2 short red hot spells and scored a tonne of goals. Outside of that he was poor, I'm sure you could read hundreds of pages on the main forum to confirm that.

EDIT: Bit of a blonde moment, it'll be this forum won't it :lol:

I don't need to read a forum to 'confirm' a view on a player I watched with my own eyes pretty much every week for 3 seasons. He only had one season where his record dropped properly below 1 in 2 for us, and he missed almost a third of that season with injury.

you're looking at it statistically though and if thats the case what was his goalscoring record like from august till january last season?

just the one goal vs palace in about 20 games wasnt it? and more than that if you were watching it every week it wasnt just the lack of service, his movement was shite, he looked disillusioned with life at villa (not hard to guess why...) he wasnt bullying many defences then, he was the same when he first signed

has he had a season in his 4 yet where he's started really well?

• Like 1

Â