Rino8

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Newcastle i thi k will just spend another 100m in january of they are not in cl places

Newcastle have much larger constraints - they’ve spent over £400m and only sold two players since the takeover. Unless they have big sales in Jan they can’t really afford to without breaching. 

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Newcastle have much larger constraints - they’ve spent over £400m and only sold two players since the takeover. Unless they have big sales in Jan they can’t really afford to without breaching. 

They will juat sell players to themselves on over inflated fees. Even united can't do that

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He is, but it's a hell of a risk for a player that's played one season in a really organised set up. I'd say he's amongst the top ten defensive midfielders in the Premier League and more than capable of doing a decent job for Liverpool - it's the price that's extraordinary, I think they've overpaid by about £50m.

You are right, but they got £50m from Saudi for Henderson and Fabinho, which is £40m too much IMO! Its almost like the Saudis have part paid for him (assuming he does sign)

Losing out on both Caceido and Lavia to Chelsea is going to be mighty frustrating for Liverpool.

They need a DM pretty desperately.

They were linked to Tchouameni not long ago, believing that they'd need some money to fund a transfer for Mbappe - but appears they'll be getting him for free next year..

...they're going to start getting desperate. How long until they turn to Dougie or Kamara?

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Losing out on both Caceido and Lavia to Chelsea is going to be mighty frustrating for Liverpool.

They were linked to Tchouameni not long ago, believing that they'd need some money to fund a transfer for Mbappe - but appears they'll be getting him for free next year..

...they're going to start getting desperate. How long until they turn to Dougie or Kamara?

I wouldn't worry about that 

47 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

First £150 million player if they come our way and that would be just to keep us from immediately hanging up on them. 

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

Good point. Sounds like the wheels are coming off. How long before Klopp walks?

Edwards leaving was a huge blow, he did even more than Klopp did for that league winning team

They're appealing against Little Mac's red card against Bournemouth and it got me thinking about the appeals process and something that stuck in my head that might not be true.

Is it still the case that you can question whether the decision was factually wrong, but not the referee's opinion on what to do about it?

So Liverpool can say "Our player was sent off for a foul and it's not a foul" and if the panel agrees they overturn the referee's decision - but they can't say "this foul merited a yellow, not a red" because once the foul is given and it's proven correct, then you're dealing with two opinions about something that happened and the referee's decision is considered the final one.

If that's the case, then Liverpool will struggle won't they? It's definitely a foul and the referee decided it merited a red card - does that make it an appeal they can't win?

(They're right by the way, it should have been a yellow).

On 16/08/2023 at 13:32, gwi1890 said:

In talks with Doucoure from palace now 65m

Must be the last of the Coutinho money, surely? 

• Haha 1

Â