Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll won't leave for £15m and he won't come to Villa.

Fletcher is overpriced at £13m and MON will offer him more wages and probably put him on higher wages than Bent is on here currently.

This should probably be in the Carroll thread... but.. why don't you think he'd go for £15m?

Liverpool wont get anywhere near what they paid for him. I could see them accepting a bid of £15m (plus a few add-ons after appearances/ goals etc).

I think Rodgers would just prefer a decent sum of money to build HIS Liverpool.

I'm sure we'll be in for some other decent players BJ10, just maybe we'll be giving players with Prem experience a miss. Simply because of the inflated price-tag that comes with them.

I still believe that we have money to spend, but I think we need to make sure the wages are kept down, so we'll make sure players are off the wage bill before we bring in more.

Would you prefer Fletcher for £13m or Carroll for £15m?

I'd prefer Carroll for £15 but can't see that being an option.

I hope you're right that we still have a fair amount spent.

Carroll won't leave for £15m and he won't come to Villa.

Fletcher is overpriced at £13m and MON will offer him more wages and probably put him on higher wages than Bent is on here currently.

This should probably be in the Carroll thread... but.. why don't you think he'd go for £15m?

Liverpool wont get anywhere near what they paid for him. I could see them accepting a bid of £15m (plus a few add-ons after appearances/ goals etc).

I think Rodgers would just prefer a decent sum of money to build HIS Liverpool.

They will hold out for £20m in my opinion.. they are selling Bellamy and look to be selling Agger so selling Carroll for £15m on top of that I don't see the Liverpool board allowing that.

Also I don't think Carroll would want to leave.

Wouldn't say Bullet dodged, he is a good player but for me £8m max.

Problem is that Wolves paid too much for him when they paid £7m for an 8 goal striker.

He's upped his tally by 50% so, whilst obviously not such a linear correlation, £12m would be about right, but only in relation to the original £7m spend.

Had Wolves paid about £5m, I think he'd be going for somewhere around the £8-10m mark.

Whether he's a 'typical' MON buy will be in the length of the contract. At 25 he's got sell on value in 2 or 3 years time and could be a Young or Milner to them. With a 4 or 5 year MONtract and a couple of injuries, or loss of form, he could also be a Reo Coker to them.

Wouldn't say Bullet dodged, he is a good player but for me £8m max.

Problem is that Wolves paid too much for him when they paid £7m for an 8 goal striker.

He's upped his tally by 50% so, whilst obviously not such a linear correlation, £12m would be about right, but only in relation to the original £7m spend.

Had Wolves paid about £5m, I think he'd be going for somewhere around the £8-10m mark.

Whether he's a 'typical' MON buy will be in the length of the contract. At 25 he's got sell on value in 2 or 3 years time and could be a Young or Milner to them. With a 4 or 5 year MONtract and a couple of injuries, or loss of form, he could also be a Reo Coker to them.

We paid 18m plus add ons for Bent. And he's continued his scoring form with us. It doesn't mean we'd get more than 18m plus add ons if he decided he wanted out

Sometimes the price paid is what the player is worth. It doesn't always go up based on what they do

Fletcher is a 7m player. And the only time he'll genuinely be any different is when he's slipped down to a 4/5m one in a few years time

I'd expect him to go to Sunderland and I expect he'll perform very well for them.

I'd expect him to start strong with MON, then fade away during the second half of the season having scored 11 goals with only 2 of them coming after february.

Bullet dodged ? Yes very much so

What would success look like for Fletcher - a minimum 15 goals and say +6 assists

It's something he won't achieve IMHO

for the sake of 3 goals he has done that already.

Yes but wolves paid just £6m for him and hes not on 60k a week

MON will offer him more wages and probably put him on higher wages than Bent is on here currently.

mon has no say in sunderland's wage structure, or what's offered to players

. But he can spit his dummy out the pram if he is not backed to bring in his targets.

I don't much rate Doyle to be honest and I personally don't think he would be the sort of striker that would get the best out of Bent, I think that would be a Sherringham or Beardsley type forward who sits a little deeper and can create more than he scores but still chip in with a few.

Â