Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

MON will offer him more wages and probably put him on higher wages than Bent is on here currently.

mon has no say in sunderland's wage structure, or what's offered to players

Is this definitely true? It has always been one of his tricks for motivating players to suggest that the board wants rid of them and isn't happy with them, but that he might be able to 'persuade' the board to give the player a new contract if they can raise their performances. Thus the 'running through brick walls' scenario he got from his players. He did it like this at Leicester and Celtic, and I think we can safely assume he did it here. Would be surprised if he didn't have some control at Sunderland.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't much rate Doyle to be honest and I personally don't think he would be the sort of striker that would get the best out of Bent, I think that would be a Sherringham or Beardsley type forward who sits a little deeper and can create more than he scores but still chip in with a few.
I agree. A Beardsley-type player! Excellent idea. :P

Delighted at the price being quoted?

No but had we signed him I would assume there would be more money to spend otherwise Lambert wouldn't blow his whole Kitty on one player.

£12m is taking the piss.

Delighted at the price being quoted?

No but had we signed him I would assume there would be more money to spend otherwise Lambert wouldn't blow his whole Kitty on one player.

£12m is taking the piss.

i'd hope at no point would a cat be harmed, transfers or otherwise

£12 m for Fletcher is only ok if we have an unlimited amount of money, and if we have an unlimited amount of money we should not be looking at players like Fletcher.

£12 m for Fletcher is only ok if we have an unlimitet amount of money, and if we have an unlimited amount of money we should not be looking at players like Fletcher.

If he stays fit I bet you Fletcher will be in the top 5 Premier League goalscorers next season.

Â