Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

i would much rather we gamble 6-8 mil on an overseas striker, been a long time since we signed Angel so bought time we risked the international striker market.

let MON pay Fletcher 80k a week.

Angel probably put us off going back into that market.

Oi! explain yourself - and it best not be a pop at the Juan and only!

The complexities of that deal due to 3rd party ownership was huge. I seem to remember we did the transaction through the FA so nothing could come back on us.

A return of 44 goals in 173 games 1 goal ever 4 games) is not good for a £9.5m striker now and certainly not bought 10 years ago.

I wonder if he wasn't South American if he would be so revered.

Yeah but I think £4.5 mill of that went in Big Johns back pocket didn't it?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would much rather we gamble 6-8 mil on an overseas striker, been a long time since we signed Angel so bought time we risked the international striker market.

let MON pay Fletcher 80k a week.

Angel probably put us off going back into that market.

Oi! explain yourself - and it best not be a pop at the Juan and only!

Ha, it was a pop on Juan at other than one season been a bit of a waste of money.

Well, apperently he's kind of a dick...

He's dutch, I wouldn't expect anything else tbh.

I have no clue, but im sure he's delightful.

I was referring to the name game we seem to be enjoying in this thread

The complexities of that deal due to 3rd party ownership was huge. I seem to remember we did the transaction through the FA so nothing could come back on us.

A return of 44 goals in 173 games 1 goal ever 4 games) is not good for a £9.5m striker now and certainly not bought 10 years ago.

I wonder if he wasn't South American if he would be so revered.

Completely agree. I don't see what all the fuss was about regarding JPA. He was hardly prolific and for that kind of money back then I expected a lot better.

Saying that, I would still prefer us now to go and sign an unproven striker from elsewhere for less money than spend upwards of £12 million on Fletcher. As good as I think he is, I don't think he justifies that price tag although I understand why Wolves have valued him so highly.

right guys ..back to fletcher..i have asked a st holder i know (wolves) i asked about fletcher..tex said "shit hot,and im saying that fully expecting him not to be a wolves player next week.he is worth every penny of 12m quoted.i carnt wait for all the fans of other clubs eating their words on his value. the best header of the ball in the country,neat and tidy on the deck,intelligent & knows where the goal is,his scoring record speaks for itself,double figures the last 3 seasons in struggling sides & hes had injurys too,looks like the mackams are going to get him.

right guys ..back to fletcher..i have asked a st holder i know (wolves) i asked about fletcher..tex said "shit hot,and im saying that fully expecting him not to be a wolves player next week.he is worth every penny of 12m quoted.i carnt wait for all the fans of other clubs eating their words on his value. the best header of the ball in the country,neat and tidy on the deck,intelligent & knows where the goal is,his scoring record speaks for itself,double figures the last 3 seasons in struggling sides & hes had injurys too,looks like the mackams are going to get him.

I agree with everything this Wolves fan has said based on the times I have seen him. I still think 12M is too much but as I mentioned before I would sooner we paid a little over the odds than not sign a decent striker at all.

If we still have money to spend after this signing of course.

Why not wait 'til (or if) we buy him. They've already rejected £10m so he won't cost far off £13m if he is sold. If he ends up costing £13m and Lambert pays it then that's what we had to pay :? If he doesn't represent value for money then we'll go elsewhere.

On a serious note I do wonder if had the exact same player been brought from abroad what the perception of him would then be. By this I mean if he was foreign and Wolves had brought him for 7M and now wanted 12M. I cant help but feel although fans would be concerned with the fee they would not mind as much.

When I saw him play for Burnley, I did think he was a decent player. Good with the ball at his feet and he appeared to read the game well.

BUT! It's still a lot of money. It's always going to take a high offer to get him when Wolves have just paid a decent sum for him in the past few years. Much like when we had to pay Sunderland £20m+ to get Bent.

I do think we could get a better striker for less (part of me would actually prefer Carroll for an extra few million on top) but if Lambert goes for him then I'll support the transfer.

Also, it'll surely mean that we do have funds available!

The bid was rejected.. £12M from Sunderland.

Well infact it wasn't accepted :

Wolves' chief executive Jez Moxey told the Express and Star: "Rumours that we have accepted a bid from Sunderland are incorrect. They want the player, but we haven't accepted anything."

Â