Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

I would really like Fletcher at Villa Park. He's excellent with the ball, he's got great composure, he's great in the air and I think he'd work very well with Bent.

Part of me looks at this 12m fee and thinks "No way, never worth that".

But then, there's another part of me which thinks "**** it, it's not my money, why do I remotely care about the fee... If he keeps within our wage structure and Lambert wants him then just go buy him."

But I guess the reality is without knowing how much Randy is going to give Lambert to spend it's hard to judge if this is a worthwhile deal.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all well and good, but what does Dave Whelan think about it?

"Dave Whelan was unavailable for comme.... :crylaugh: nah I couldn't finish it :D

I do think that maybe the wages are more important to our budget than the fee. Although any potential seller is going to look at the billion dollars our owner has just made and put the fee up.

I'd expect him to go to Sunderland and I expect he'll perform very well for them.

I agree with this.

Think we will be looking back on this transfer and wishing we had of made a move for him. Oh well. Would have liked MON to sign him when he was here, instead of fecking Heskey.

Â