Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been chatting to a Wolves mate of mine, he doesn't rate him as worth anything like £12M, says he would put his true value at around half that. Plays very well in a few games, anonymous is far more. If he ends up at Villa then he'll get my support but I think there is far better value out there for a team with a decent scouting system...looks nailed on for MON in that case.

Let MON have him. I'm confident Lambert can bring in somebody just as good but for less of the price.

I would imagine fletcher will get around 12 goals in the prem next year. If we sign a striker that scores that many I'll be a happy man.

Just to throw the idea out there.

Sunderland have been interested for awhile, maybe fletcher wasn't too bothered about them. Our interest has been more recent, maybe that's what's caused him to put in a transfer request.

Probably unlikely given the bit of ITK info shared on this thread but a possibility.

He will flop up there

No question

What constitutes being a flop? Year on year he's added to his goal tally, so I can see him netting 12-14 goals this season.

Bear in mind he was bought for £7 million after one season in the PL, netting 8 goals, I think about £12m is almost right in relation. Whether he was worth £7m back then is another question....

So, what would be a success for a £12m forward?

Duly tweeted. Hope that'll be the end of the rumours ;)

I fully expect him to go there, get paid a stupid wage (on top of his stupid fee) and continue his 8-12 goals a season haul

... and then in 3 seasons time, after being given an extension and an improved wage packet, the Sunderland fans will hate him and call for his head!

De ja vu !

iandovaston ‏@skydovaston

Sunderland are the only ones in for Fletcher who does want to move to Sunderland.

That's a shame. Not only because we're not in for a decent player but I was hoping for some proof that we were after some attacking players and willing to spend a decent amount of money.

iandovaston ‏@skydovaston

Sunderland are the only ones in for Fletcher who does want to move to Sunderland.

That's a shame. Not only because we're not in for a decent player but I was hoping for some proof that we were after some attacking players and willing to spend a decent amount of money.

from @skydovaston iandovaston twitter

However, Sunderland source stresses to me Wearside club now looking at other options.

from @skydovaston iandovaston twitter

I'm told Wolves now asking more than the £12million they originally wanted. Fletcher has handed in transfer request.

I'm sure we'll be in for some other decent players BJ10, just maybe we'll be giving players with Prem experience a miss. Simply because of the inflated price-tag that comes with them.

I still believe that we have money to spend, but I think we need to make sure the wages are kept down, so we'll make sure players are off the wage bill before we bring in more.

Would you prefer Fletcher for £13m or Carroll for £15m?

Â