Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

It would be hilarious if "A Step Higher" Ron ended up signing for Sunderland.

Sadly the only teams in the league this coming season not a step higher than us based on last year are the 3 promoted clubs

But I think we both know he means a bigger club and not just a team who finished one place ahead of us.

Southampton being in for him makes sense.also being europa wouldnt surprise me if he did end up there.not sure if that alderwield what ever his name is will sign/has signed because sure they only loaned him from atletico

It would be hilarious if "A Step Higher" Ron ended up signing for Sunderland.

Sadly the only teams in the league this coming season not a step higher than us based on last year are the 3 promoted clubs

But only Arsenal currently stand above us in the 2015/16 table.  ;)

Edited by John
  • Like 1

He's lingering now, like a turd that won't flush.

Or put another way, like the girlfriend you thought you'd dumped, so got with a new girl (in this case Richards). Only to find your ex is still considered your girlfriend by many, even though you don't.

• Like 1

He's lingering now, like a turd that won't flush.

Or put another way, like the girlfriend you thought you'd dumped, so got with a new girl (in this case Richards). Only to find your ex is still considered your girlfriend by many, even though you don't.

Totally agree. He has shown no respect for the club, bearing in mind he was a former captain. I've said it many times, I'd rather we got rid as we've only had 1 decent season out of the time he has been with us. Nothing would make me smile more than Benteke to wipe the floor with him next season when we play against him, whoever he signs for. Edited by Silafou's_besi_mate

Few threads on the Sunderland forum seem to think they have a good chance of getting him. Can't see, if we do still want him which it does appear we do, why on earth he'd go there over staying, hardly strike me as a club going places.

I am disappointed at the remarks in this thread, about an international player who has been very good for us during his time here, and always gave his all.

The nasty, snide remarks on here are unjustified, and say more about us than about Vlaar. We really should try to be more reasoned with our comments.

Unfortunately, his 'all' was some good appearances, a few great, then a load of average ones with a sprinkling of boobery.

On top of that he's had more injuries than me in the last 3 years (and that's saying something, as I'm Mr Glass), and then he does the ol' fliparoo, with it seeming like he was going to stay, and then appearing to change his mind and looking to take a 'step up'.

He's been supported and praised for a long time by Villa fans. Now that he's seemingly looking to leave, I think most of what's been said in here is reasonable, even if it contains the odd 'cardboard Ron' dig.

I am disappointed at the remarks in this thread, about an international player who has been very good for us during his time here, and always gave his all.

The nasty, snide remarks on here are unjustified, and say more about us than about Vlaar. We really should try to be more reasoned with our comments.

Exactly. It's almost as if he gets blamed for getting injured so much. He always put 100% in even when I'm sure he was less than fully fit, and was a decent captain when the club was in turmoil. Players get criticised for wanting to leave when under contract, yet still criticised for fulfilling their (in his case, relatively modest) contract before moving on. Yes, he wants to move to a team higher up as it's his last big payday and he would probably fit in better somewhere he is a squad player rather than first XI, due to his niggles.

• Like 3

Â