Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Wants to 'maximise' his career, well he certainly did the opposite last season with a series of error prone and all round inept performances. Time to move the crock on, he's injury prone and a liability at the best of times. 

Perhaps he can 'maximise' himself in one of Europe's many weaker leagues. 

Wants to 'maximise' his career, well he certainly did the opposite last season with a series of error prone and all round inept performances. Time to move the crock on, he's injury prone and a liability at the best of times

Perhaps he can 'maximise' himself in one of Europe's many weaker leagues. 

He really isn't. When he's fit and on top of his game he's excellent - it's just a shame that those times are less frequent these days.

• Like 1

He is most experianced of our defenders ( well level with Senderos) yet he made the bigger mistakes last season.

The Stoke and Everton pens were amatuer hour and his back pass and alround display as the experianced CB against Soton was appalling.

So if he feels he can do better ..good luck I actually dont think he will be as in demand as he thinks.

I have been a big fan of Ron at times but last season he was mostly awful, Okore and Clark where by far our most impressive partnership, I think Vlaar had no more than 4 or 5 decent games and the rest he was either average or utterly awful.

I don't blame him wanting one last big money contract, but more than glad we won't be the ones giving him it.

The 30-year-old centre-back, out of contract at the end of the month, wants to take a step up in his career and looks increasingly likely to reject Villa's offer of an extension

Ron Vlaar is set to leave Aston Villa despite the offer of a new contract after admitting he can play at a higher level than the FA Cup finalists.

Villa are fast running out of time to convince the 30-year-old to stay, with the centre-back – frequently linked with a reunion with Louis van Gaal at Manchester United – out of contract on June 30.

The Villa Park outfit confirmed on Monday that Vlaar had been offered fresh terms following the club’s survival, while Darren Bent was released on a free, joining Derby County permanently.

But it looks increasingly unlikely that Vlaar will remain at Villa, with the Netherlands international claiming he can take a step forward in his career and needs time to assess his options.

“I want to maximise my career and I think I can go a step higher,” the Dutchman is quoted in the Mirror. “I will look at it and go quietly.”

Vlaar joined the club from Feyenoord in 2012 but has faced a number of injury problems, making 84 appearances in all competitions during his three years in England so far.

Villa are currently facing a degree of uncertainty, with Vlaar stalling on a new deal, Christian Benteke on many Premier League club’s transfer wishlists and Randy Lerner rumoured to be close to selling the club.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/06/08/12538852/i-can-go-a-step-higher-vlaar-eyes-aston-villa-exit?ICID=HP_BN_2

This has p!ssed me off. Just disrespectful really, shame he didn't step up for half of last season. Too inconsistent for me, he gets caught sleeping and ball watching too often, more than people realise. 

Edited by BigCarew

Looks like another player who had suggested he might be willing to stay might not do so.

That will no doubt be dependant on how our offer compares with others he will get and the step up may well be in salary as much as in the status of the football club he signs for.

I would like to see him stay because if we do lose him as well as Cleverley and possibly Benteke on top of that FA Cup Final defeat it would be a lot of negative news in a very short space of time for the club to be able to recover from by the start of next season. 

The 30-year-old centre-back, out of contract at the end of the month, wants to take a step up in his career and looks increasingly likely to reject Villa's offer of an extension

Ron Vlaar is set to leave Aston Villa despite the offer of a new contract after admitting he can play at a higher level than the FA Cup finalists.

Villa are fast running out of time to convince the 30-year-old to stay, with the centre-back – frequently linked with a reunion with Louis van Gaal at Manchester United – out of contract on June 30.

The Villa Park outfit confirmed on Monday that Vlaar had been offered fresh terms following the club’s survival, while Darren Bent was released on a free, joining Derby County permanently.

But it looks increasingly unlikely that Vlaar will remain at Villa, with the Netherlands international claiming he can take a step forward in his career and needs time to assess his options.

“I want to maximise my career and I think I can go a step higher,” the Dutchman is quoted in the Mirror. “I will look at it and go quietly.”

Vlaar joined the club from Feyenoord in 2012 but has faced a number of injury problems, making 84 appearances in all competitions during his three years in England so far.

Villa are currently facing a degree of uncertainty, with Vlaar stalling on a new deal, Christian Benteke on many Premier League club’s transfer wishlists and Randy Lerner rumoured to be close to selling the club.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/06/08/12538852/i-can-go-a-step-higher-vlaar-eyes-aston-villa-exit?ICID=HP_BN_2

Not really bothered, he can lie on some other clubs treatment table.

When he played well he was world class but factor in the duff performances and his injury record which will only get worse and I'd rather spend money on a younger player. 

Of course the Villa hating media want to dress this up as a crisis......again.

Â