Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Austin scored 18 league goals and got relegated and I'm sure we would all would be happy with him

Heaton,Richards,Caulker,Townsend,Austin

Austin scored goals so yes of course we would have him.

I can't remember the amount of times I saw QPR concede a goal and Caulker was arsing about.

He is the first English CB I have seen that bottles aerial challenges. He is an absolute fanny.

Remember the goal Newcastle scored at the end of the season at Loftus Road and he was just picking his arse?

When Richard Dunne and Clint HIll have better seasons than you at centre half then I wouldnt touch that player especially as Dunne prime was about 2009 and Hill never even had a prime

I really hope he stays. A difficult season for him last year with the world cup in the summer. Lets not forget he was deemed good enough to be named in the team of the world cup. In my view he's a top centre back when fully fit and we should welcome it if he stays with us,

• Like 2

Some random "facts" I just pulled out of my head about Vlaar this season:

- Gave away more penalties than any other defender (2)

- Made more mistakes that led to goals than any other defender (e.g. back pass at Southampton)

- Spent more time on the sidelines due to injury than any other first choice defender

And we're offering him a new contract? (Somebody please fact check me - I have no idea where to find this info).

Am I alone in thinking that reporting the offer of a contract rather than him accepting or signing one is pretty firm evidence he isn't staying and won't sign it? 

• Like 2

Vlaar new contract = +15k on the wage bill.

Vlaar going = +£6-8m replacement and +£15k on the wage bill.

Make no mistake, this is about saving money on a replacement - even if said player might indeed be much better.

• Like 1

I think you can read too much into things. Sometimes it is  was it is. We've offered him a contract, he wants more time to consider it and see what other offers come along. 

• Like 1

I think this makes us look a bit silly...

We offer him a deal, he says no as there's other offers on the table...

He's poor, other clubs don't seem too keen, he says he wants to stay, we no longer seem interested...

Other clubs start sniffing about, Vlaar no longer wants to stay, we offer another contract...

Am I alone in thinking that reporting the offer of a contract rather than him accepting or signing one is pretty firm evidence he isn't staying and won't sign it? 

I think you're quite right. This is almost like the club coming out and saying "look, we tried". 

I think you can read too much into things. Sometimes it is  was it is. We've offered him a contract, he wants more time to consider it and see what other offers come along. 

That's far too sensible. It's obviously a sign that we're doomed, and we'll have to field a team full of kids (and possibly Ron Vlaar), as everyone wants to leave, and no one wants to come. Even then, all the kids are going to want away, as soon as they can. We should probably start cracking each other's heads open, and feasting on the goo inside.

• Like 4

I think you have to report it to Premier League at a certain date as you give them a list of players that will be released or out of contract

Actually thought if we're telling people we've offered him a contract it's in the knowledge that he'll accept it. We know the club and him are in talks over a new contract so if he goes elsewhere it'll be obvious that we couldn't offer enough. If we've decided to release news that we've offered a contract I think the club are confident he'll sign.

Vlaar new contract = +15k on the wage bill.

Vlaar going = +£6-8m replacement and +£15k on the wage bill.

Make no mistake, this is about saving money on a replacement - even if said player might indeed be much better.

Put together a decent defence that helps us to finish higher up the table and that £6m-£8m will seem cheap.  Vlaar isn't very good, and he isn't very reliable.

Â