Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

It is becoming the done thing for agents to make these statements to increase their players future contract negotiations starting point. Much the same as an estate agent telling a potential buyer that a new offer was lodged by a phantom bidder it can backfire.

Don't underestimate the effect of a defenders leadership qualities.

This and it's why I always wanted him to stay this season. Especially when you consider that next in line to the captaincy are the likes of Agbonlahor and Westwood!

• Like 2

This and it's why I always wanted him to stay this season. Especially when you consider that next in line to the captaincy are the likes of Agbonlahor and Westwood!

Senderos to be honest.  It needs someone vocal - I think we're quite "shy" as a team.

I've been telling people since last summer that he would go this summer on a Bosman.

and I think you'll be out by 6 or 7 months

That'll all come down to Vlaar though, who comes in for him and whether they are going to pay the wages that he'd get on bosman. Villa can choose to try and cash in but he wouldn't go if it wasn't right.

Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned is if we're in a relation battle how much can trust Vlaar and Delph to give their all. On the face of it they both seem pretty professional but it's got to have an effect on mental state to a certain extent.

I agree Rob, he is not that good. And he is out for half the games and don't have any resell value. Delph on the other hand..............

No he isn't. He missed 11 games out of 38 in his first season and 6 last season.

And how many this season? Who cares what he did the first season? :-)

He's missed 4 out of 11.

The first season matters because according to you he's out for half the games yet this hasn't been close to true in either his first or second season, nor is it the case for this season so far.

He's missed 4/11 which continue his ratio of missing around 25% of games, but then you have to factor into that the couple of games where he was dogshit/finding his fitness again. It's a waste of time.

Quite how anybody argued differently in the summer, god only knows, because the evidence is staring us right in the face.

• Like 1

He's not on a total fortune here, 30k ish sounds about right and in wage terms is a bargain for a regular international starter.

Of course the injuries are a negative but then again he maybe wouldn't start every single game at other clubs so maybe the injuries will be managed better with rotation.

I think plenty of clubs here and abroad will be after him tbh.

Fair play to him if he does leave. I wouldn't want to play another season at the wrong end of the table with Lambert repeating "We go again" every week!

If players have a year left on their contract and they don't sign another one we should be looking to get transfer fees for them IMO rather than losing them for nothing.

Â