Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I like to think that Lambert hasn't offered him the new contract yet, because he wanted to bring in some decent players first. Now we've got Cissokho and Sanchez, it's the perfect time to offer Vlaar a new deal. Had we offered him a contract when we'd only brought in Cole and Senderos, he may have questioned our ambition.

• Like 2

I like to think that Lambert hasn't offered him the new contract yet, because he wanted to bring in some decent players first. Now we've got Cissokho and Sanchez, it's the perfect time to offer Vlaar a new deal. Had we offered him a contract when we'd only brought in Cole and Senderos, he may have questioned our ambition.

Clever thought Rob. Hopefully Lambo is that smart.

Ron is our best player. End of.

I tend to stay out of this thread because frankly since the World Cup its been a mixture of defeatism and near hysteria about the potential loss of our skipper.

The manager is on record as saying he hasn't had a call about him let alone a bid so right now there is no real reason to be concerned.

Yes there has been some speculation, its the summer it happens, especially when a player has had a good World Cup but the level of what can only be described as paranoia is crazy.

Koeman has talked plenty in the press (the club and FA should do something about that) but despite seemingly having money to burn (Shane Long £12m?!?! Koeman you nutter) he hasn't made a bid. Its time for him to piss or get off the pot frankly.

In an ideal world would I have liked Vlaar to have signed a new deal by now? Absolutely but Villa these days is pretty bloody far from being an ideal world.

Its the summer, the transfer window and we've lost and haven't replaced our Chief Exec, we are on a deadline to bring players in and currently trying to conclude a complex deal for a player in a vital position in our squad. Frankly there are other things more pressing than Vlaar's contract.

I'm sure little chats and conversations will have taken place between Lambert and Vlaar and I'm sure once the window closes more solid conversations will take place which may or may not result in new deal being signed. But right now, I'm not in the slightest bit concerned given there are no bids and just a gobby cheat down on the South coast mouthing off about someone else's player and oddly its not Redknapp!!!

So chill out people, I know how important Vlaar is to us but right now there doesn't seem to be a huge amount to worry about.

Quoting this as it is spot on.

Anyone else think the fact that United lost today could make them less likely to bid for Vlaar? Don't get me wrong, I think he's good enough for them in their current state and would greatly improve their defence but at the same time I don't think he's a big enough "name" and a lot of United fans would be unhappy about it because they'd just look at our defensive record from the past 2 seasons and assume that he isn't good enough rather than actually looking at it closer. They'll be going all out to sign big names now I think.

Clever thought Rob. Hopefully Lambo is that smart.

Ron is our best player. End of.

Benteke is our best player, miles ahead of the rest.

• Like 1

Could the latest rumour regarding a takeover be the reason we haven't pushed hard to offer new deals to first team players? Is this something new owners will have to do due to the potential high wages involved?

It seems so strange that gabby,delph and vlaar have not signed new deals and the club have barely mentioned it to the fans.

Anyone else think the fact that United lost today could make them less likely to bid for Vlaar? Don't get me wrong, I think he's good enough for them in their current state and would greatly improve their defence but at the same time I don't think he's a big enough "name" and a lot of United fans would be unhappy about it because they'd just look at our defensive record from the past 2 seasons and assume that he isn't good enough rather than actually looking at it closer. They'll be going all out to sign big names now I think.

Unfortunately no, I think LVG has probably had a bit of a shock and needs to fix it fast. Their defence is so crap and LVG knows what he s getting with Vlaar and knows he can cope with the PL. I d rather they d won and their defence had been brilliant tbh. Their own fans are even arguing about it with a fair few asking for LVG to get him in.

Edited by Thevillanofoz

Unfortunately no, I think LVG has probably had a bit of a shock and needs to fix it fast. Their defence is so crap and LVG knows what he s getting with Vlaar and knows he can cope with the PL. I d rather they d won and their defence had been brilliant tbh. Their own fans are even arguing about it with a fair few asking for LVG to get him in.

True, but I just can't see Vlaar being a big enough name for them, even though he's got the quality. Aren't they getting in Benatia anyway.

True, but I just can't see Vlaar being a big enough name for them, even though he's got the quality. Aren't they getting in Benatia anyway.

My cousin was one of those that said the same about Vlaar not being good enough for United. I text him today saying are you sure he isn't good enough? No reply.

If their defence continues to leak goals in the next few weeks and they haven't landed all their targets. I can see the bid for Vlaar coming in. Hopefully they don't think he is good enough.

Vlaar isn't a big enough signing for them after that loss. If they had brought him in before, maybe, but I reckon they need the fans on side and will bring in some big signings.

Depends how you look at it, Vlaar isn't a Vidic or Ferdinand but is miles better than what they have now.

Hopefully PL brings in 2 more good players and with a good result next week, Ron just might be convinced to sign on the line which is dotted.

I think Vlaar would want to sign a new deal now. Senderos, Sanchez and Cissokho are looking light good buys, Richardson too, to a lesser extent. Plus, Lambert has made it clear he's after 1 or 2 more. Give him a contract now! (... Before we go and sign two more free transfers :D )

Â