Stephen Ireland

omariqy

My Tweets

I should stop going on forums. 20 minutes ago

tumblr_m789ohVSrs1rodgmf.gif

Wow thanks for that tweet. I have now found his forum. He really seems an angry little man doesn't he?

Looks like attention seeking to me.

Must have been really hard to look at my signature then? :shock:

I find it hard enough to read your whinging posts, let alone your sig!!!

Yet you reply to each one.... well done Einstein

Yeah, you remind me of picking a scab. You know you shouldn't and it is unpleasant, but you still do it!

I've said it a few times but I think he'll do well partnering El Ahmadi.

He, like nine other players, has had a full 90 minutes now, and that was crucial. Hopefully he has a good game against Bremen and things go his way there so he can go in to the new season full of confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

well it looks like he is back to his "player of the year" performances of last year...

tip tap tip tap tip tap tip tap

(plays one of his trademark defence splitting balls but it gets cut out)

tip tap tip tap tip tap tip tap

(plays one of his trademark defence splitting balls but it gets cut out)

looking forward to our most creative player causing Everton all sorts of problems next week...

thank God N'Zogbia and now Holman are there to take criticism instead of him

the myth that Ireland "has it in his locker" and on his day can "thread a pass"..drives me insane..its based on his Elano and City days coz we haven't seen it at Villa once

Ireland will continue to play poorly, tip tap it around, thinking he is some kind of David Silva and miraculously be considered as our most creative force...

He cant play on the wing, he cant play at CM, he can only play in the hole and the fact of the matter is he is nowhere near effective enough for us to afford him in that position

Ireland has shown throughout his Villa career that he is very inconsistent and can't be trusted to be our 'creative force' from midfield. I think we're onto a loser with him in the team.

completely agree...

if he is in the team it means one up front and therefore he has got to create things

but he doesn't....

im not knee jerking after one game coz he was doing the same all of last season

He's responsible for creating chances and when you've got no wide players and one striker you're pretty limited to where you can actually try and play a through ball.

Most of the time we managed to find space behind the defence was from a ball played from Ireland.

Not saying we created great things. We were awful. But there were a few times we found space out wide where we had an opportunity to put a good ball into the box and it was Ireland that found them.

He wasn't great but like I said there were few options available to him and if he'd just played sideways or backwards balls people would be moaning at him for that.

the myth that Ireland "has it in his locker" and on his day can "thread a pass"..drives me insane..its based on his Elano and City days coz we haven't seen it at Villa once

Ireland will continue to play poorly, tip tap it around, thinking he is some kind of David Silva and miraculously be considered as our most creative force...

He cant play on the wing, he cant play at CM, he can only play in the hole and the fact of the matter is he is nowhere near effective enough for us to afford him in that position

effective being the operative word.

we have too many players that just look for someone else to do it for them.... they just drift.

we need some effective players in all positions, but of course it will take time and money.

Â