Stephen Ireland

omariqy

It's a cop out to blame those around him, Ireland was getting the elementary stuff wrong today, others can't be blamed for that. It's high time people saw Ireland for what he is, a lazy inconsistent player that will always flatter to deceive.

This is the sort of ignorant tosh i don't understand, why do people call Ireland lazy? That is one thing he really isn't.

He is no more inconsistent than any other player we have, especially in midfield.

what elementary stuff did he get wrong? Did you actually watch the match or where you watching your microwave again?

It's a cop out to blame those around him, Ireland was getting the elementary stuff wrong today, others can't be blamed for that. It's high time people saw Ireland for what he is, a lazy inconsistent player that will always flatter to deceive.

This is the sort of ignorant tosh i don't understand, why do people call Ireland lazy? That is one thing he really isn't.

He is no more inconsistent than any other player we have, especially in midfield.

what elementary stuff did he get wrong? Did you actually watch the match or where you watching your microwave again?

Post on Poster removed

Anyway, there was a host of miss place passes, times where he lacked the quality to thread a ball forward (i.e. giving straight to a West Ham centre half).

Ireland shows some nice touches but no real substance. The proof of that is in his output for us relative to games played, it's really an inescapable fact that can't purely be blamed on those around him. Players like Agbonlahor get dogs abuse, but even when he is played out of position in midfield he produces more output than Ireland.

As for Ireland (not) being lazy, well he's hardly a very hard worker out there. His effort level really dipped towards the latter stages of the game today. At least that's what I saw in my microwave.

Thought he was one of our better players today, played a peach of a ball to KEA(?) in the box who decided to shoot instead of play in Bent, also remember him losing the ball and then chasing back 30 yards to win it back. Trying to find Bent today was like a needle in a haystack, he was completely outnumbered, usually be 3 WH players.

I've started to get quite annoyed at the lazy comments, he's really anything but tbh. I can only presume these people don't actually play football themselves.

His 'through balls' today were weak passes straight to West Ham's centre backs. Yep credit he chased back 30 yards after giving it away, where was he late on in the game though? As I said, his effort levels seemed to dip as the game went on, perhaps he was tired? It's hard to justify Ireland's apparent quality when he has provided so little output in the games he has played for us.

I really hope Lambert can get the best out of him but I don't really seeing happening.

This " its the players around him" theory has been a defence mechanism for lots of players at Villa Park.

The stark truth is they have to punch their own weight...in other words win their respective battles and outwit/over power their opponent.

Football is a team game made up of lots of little personal battles and our guys don't win enough.

It can't always be some other players fault..... we need to snap out of this mythical analysis and see it for what it is ....right now we ain't no where near good enough.

Ireland Ngoz are both luxury players. They need all the donkey work done for them so they can be left to make things happen in attack. With Villa we need them to contribute a lot more and it's not working.

His 'through balls' today were weak passes straight to West Ham's centre backs. Yep credit he chased back 30 yards after giving it away, where was he late on in the game though? As I said, his effort levels seemed to dip as the game went on, perhaps he was tired? It's hard to justify Ireland's apparent quality when he has provided so little output in the games he has played for us.

I really hope Lambert can get the best out of him but I don't really seeing happening.

I hope you're not including last season where creativity appeared to be banned by McLeish? :winkold:

I don't think Ireland, Zog and Holman can play in the same team to be honest but if I had to pick one it would be Ireland.

This " its the players around him" theory has been a defence mechanism for lots of players at Villa Park.

The stark truth is they have to punch their own weight...in other words win their respective battles and outwit/over power their opponent.

Football is a team game made up of lots of little personal battles and our guys don't win enough.

It can't always be some other players fault..... we need to snap out of this mythical analysis and see it for what it is ....right now we ain't no where near good enough.

Well said, it's a cop out of the highest order.

Ireland's personal battle wasn't a fair fight.

Like I said, it was him trying to find one man through an entire defence. We're a joke of an attacking side when we have one player who can score and we rely on 1 player to create everything for him.

Â