Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Gazton, don't know if you watched the game this morning, but you can sort of see PL appreciates his talent, arm round the shoulder as soon as he come off.

I think PL realises that an arm round the shoulders works better with Stephen Ireland than a kick up the arse. Not that he need a kick up the arse because he played well, but he realises that to get the best out of Stephen Ireland you need to tell him how good he is and what he is capable of to keep his confidence high.

Good to see.

That is, they say, Lambert's forte. It's the one part of O'Neills management I think to a man we all miss, man management. Unless you're a big Nigel Reo-Coker fan that is.

Was really excited by his performance against Chicago Fire, thought he looked outstanding there. Looked up for it and sharp, played some great passes, think it helps that he seems to have someone on the same wavelength as him in El Ahmadi.

Can't believe the lad is still only 25. Could be an ever present for us for the next 6-7 years and can only get better. Don't think losing pace will ever be a problem either as that's not where his strengths lie.

Very excited about what we can achieve with players of his calibre. How many MOTM awards is that now? By this rate he'll be able to open his own off licence :lol:

Gazton, don't know if you watched the game this morning, but you can sort of see PL appreciates his talent, arm round the shoulder as soon as he come off.

I think PL realises that an arm round the shoulders works better with Stephen Ireland than a kick up the arse. Not that he need a kick up the arse because he played well, but he realises that to get the best out of Stephen Ireland you need to tell him how good he is and what he is capable of to keep his confidence high.

Good to see.

That is, they say, Lambert's forte. It's the one part of O'Neills management I think to a man we all miss, man management. Unless you're a big Nigel Reo-Coker fan that is.

Absolutely. I think this is why we were so good against the Sky 4 when O'Neill was here. Hopefully PL can similarly get us some results against the big guys.

Or Gary Cahill, or Craig Gardner, or Curtis Davies... I'm sure there are others.

I don't buy this O'Neill the great man manager to be honest, your face either fitted or it didn't. If it did you played (every game) and if it didn't you sat on the bench.

A great man manager gets the best out of all his players and handles them well, personally I don't think O'Neill does that.

Motivator? Yes no question but man manager, not for me.

Anyway back on topic, Ireland's performances are encouraging lets hope they continue into the season.

Or Gary Cahill, or Craig Gardner, or Curtis Davies... I'm sure there are others.

I don't buy this O'Neill the great man manager to be honest, your face either fitted or it didn't. If it did you played (every game) and if it didn't you sat on the bench.

A great man manager gets the best out of all his players and handles them well, personally I don't think O'Neill does that.

Motivator? Yes no question but man manager, not for me.

Anyway back on topic, Ireland's performances are encouraging lets hope they continue into the season.

I think the two things went hand in hand with O'Neill though. He had his eleven players and was able to get them to do anything for him, hence the big results against Utd/Arse/Chelsea. I don't think he would have been capable of motivating the players to the extent that he did by rotating the squad and dropping players.

It was all about inflating their egos and making them think they were so much better than they actually were, so it wouldn't have worked if he then went and dropped them for being crap.

It worked well until his chosen 11 inevitably ran out of steam every season around about 1st March.

PAUL Lambert has backed Stephen Ireland and Charles N’Zogbia to shine this season after admitting the duo had “lost their way” in recent times.

The Villa boss has big plans for the creative pair and sees them playing a key part in transforming his troops into an attacking team this term.

Both midfielders have struggled to reach their previous heights since arriving in the Midlands in big-money moves.

But Lambert is edging closer towards finding the formula that will bring the best out of the skilful stars.

“Stephen is a real talent, there’s no doubt about that,” he said.

“It shows when he plays because there is a lot of creativity there, just like Charles.

“They are both really talented footballers. We will try to get the best out of them because they are very, very clever footballers.

“We’ve got to get Ireland in positions where he can hurt teams.

“I’ve got a fair idea of what I want to do with him.”

When asked if he has enjoyed working with the ex-Manchester City ace since arriving, Lambert said: “From the time I have been at the club I’ve not had any problem with Stephen, or Charles, whatsoever.

From the Birmingham Mail.

Great to hear.

Sounds like he's going to be given the freedom to attack, which is where he should be. Lambert realises how much of a threat Ireland is.

I was just as interested in the comments about N'Zogbia in that interview.

This new Villa looks like it's going to be as attack-minded as McLeish's was defence-minded. Bring it on.

One was stats showing what a waste of money Lerners signing was (as Lerner signed him) the other sarcasm and a gif that is completely out of place as it shows Dr Banner realising his cure wont work.

and im a pessimist about villa yes, villa made me that way. Optimists are the ones I feel sorry for.

Â