Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Bit harsh on him. If he's been frozen out because of the cup games then surely Bannan has to go too.

Well he has been dropped and since then we've taken 4 points. I like most others wanted ireland to succeed but its just not going to happen, hes had plenty of chance and never really had any impact. 55k a week just sums up how clueless the people running this club are.

He's training with the kids now

Another lovely example of our manager showing his excellent man-management skills. Oh well, let him leave on a free in the summer and that's another experience player gone off the wage bill, phew!

Oh no what will we do when he's gone? Who will we get to replace his goals and creativity?

Good riddance to a complete and utter waste of space, the empty crisp packet thats a very apt description. Lerner and Faulkner have taken the Milner money and wasted it on this poor excuse for a footballer wage's. Another example of the absolute cretins running our club!

Another lovely example of our manager showing his excellent man-management skills. Oh well, let him leave on a free in the summer and that's another experience player gone off the wage bill, phew!

I'm with Lambert on this. Bradford was the final straw for many he simply isn't good enough, interested enough, committed enough. Just get him out the door now, his prescense is not required here.

He was one of our best players against Bradford, not that that's saying much. But if he is frozen out, surely so should 90% of those who played in that game? For some reason, Ireland is the guy everyone loves to hate, seemingly including our manager. While players Delph and N'Zogbia are given many chances after playing poorly, Ireland is dropped at the first whiff of a bad performance.

He was one of our best players against Bradford, not that that's saying much. But if he is frozen out, surely so should 90% of those who played in that game? For some reason, Ireland is the guy everyone loves to hate, seemingly including our manager. While players Delph and N'Zogbia are given many chances after playing poorly, Ireland is dropped at the first whiff of a bad performance.

Its the telegraph reporting it - they are guessing as to the reason for him being frozen out.

I suspect it has more to do with his similarities to Warnock, Hutton and Collins than his performance against Bradford. That is, you either toe the line and work hard under Lambert or you find yourself another club - regardless of how much you are being paid.

He has been rubbish. Certainly not justifying the huge wage that Lerner and Faulkner gave him. How many mangers now have not got the best out of him?

Mancini

Macdonald

Houllier

Mcallister

Lambert

Yet lambert is the one getting the blame, sounds right.

Don't agree with making him train with the reserves but we don't know what has gone on . I don't think it signals good man management to the other players. Either you cross Lambert and you're out, no second chances or if you play poorly you're out, which is worse.

Going by Warnock and Hutton, I'd say that this is Ireland's death knell sounding.

Don't agree with making him train with the reserves but we don't know what has gone on . I don't think it signals good man management to the other players. Either you cross Lambert and you're out, no second chances or if you play poorly you're out, which is worse.

Going by Warnock and Hutton, I'd say that this is Ireland's death knell sounding.

We have no idea what the other players think. Imagine Ireland is taking the piss and all can see; the other players are disgruntled and are glad to see the back of him...

• Like 1

He has been rubbish. Certainly not justifying the huge wage that Lerner and Faulkner gave him. How many mangers now have not got the best out of him?

Mancini

Macdonald

Houllier

Mcallister

Lambert

Yet lambert is the one getting the blame, sounds right.

MONS fault!

Its the telegraph reporting it - they are guessing as to the reason for him being frozen out.

I suspect it has more to do with his similarities to Warnock, Hutton and Collins than his performance against Bradford. That is, you either toe the line and work hard under Lambert or you find yourself another club - regardless of how much you are being paid.

The thing about SI is, that he's been quoted by many of the people he's worked with as one of the hardest workers on the training ground. Even on match days he usually works his socks off. I think it's his somewhat lethargic playing style that breeds the misconception that he's lazy. Similar to Berbatov who gets branded as lazy but is now showing at Fulham that he's anything but.

It's a recipe for unrest when you have prima donas like Ireland bleeding the club dry alongside young honest rookies like Westwood on minimum wage (by PL standards). Something had to give.

I can see lambert gave Ireland his chance to help get us to Wembley and he failed again to ignite his villa career .

Arent we unbeaten since he was frozen out?

I have long been willing Ireland to do well for us. I was also one who felt he was one of our better players last year (clearly not saying much).

However I am now of the opinion that his chances have come to an end and I fully support Lambert on this. There were rumours of a bust up with him and Bent arguing with Lambert a few weeks back. So I assume that is more to play here than his performance against Bradford. Difference with Bent being even if he is not fully committed he will be capable of sticking one away and winning a game or point.

Point with Ireland for me is this - we bought him to be a match winner but that is really not his game. He is more a talented and tidy player who will thrive with good players around him. Reminds me a bit of a less hard working Cleverly - never going to win you a game but will link up really well with those around him.

We have given him the free role on countless occasions but how many assists has he got? How many games has he won us?

I think this is another one for the Warnock, Hutton, Beye, Makoun bin...

We can sit here and blame Randy (rightly so in my opinion) for not spending in Jan but no matter how rich you are it has to be really painful to watch so much money go down the drain each week.

Â