Stephen Ireland

omariqy

If there was a graph that plotted wages versus performance he'd be on a sheet about 4 pages away from it. Unbelieveable just how poor he has been versus the amount of money he is paid.

Why is his wages even relevant though? He's the only player who gets judged relative to how much he's paid. It's ridiculous.

If there was a graph that plotted wages versus performance he'd be on a sheet about 4 pages away from it. Unbelieveable just how poor he has been versus the amount of money he is paid.

Why is his wages even relevant though? He's the only player who gets judged relative to how much he's paid. It's ridiculous.

Because if he wasn't paid so much he would never have had so many chances. If he was a similair investment to Issiah Osbourne, Delounso or Luke Moore he'd have gone the same way as them.

No he isnt. Not by me anyway.

I think Bent/Gabby are not far off being in the same bracket over the last 2/3 years - (2 in Bents case)

Woefully underperforming given the wage they take from the club. You can add Nzogbia to that as well.

I think Bent/Gabby are not far off being in the same bracket over the last 2/3 years - (2 in Bents case)

Woefully underperforming given the wage they take from the club. You can add Nzogbia to that as well.

Gabby yes. But you never see in his thread people saying something like "omg he makes 60k a week, how come he's not justifying those wages to my subjective tastes ????".

I don't think he's the kind of player that performs well under pressure. If he was playing for a team in the top of the league I'm sure he would shine but this season we've not even seen a glimpse of the player he was at Man City.

Gabby yes. But you never see in his thread people saying something like "omg he makes 60k a week, how come he's not justifying those wages to my subjective tastes ????".

You would from me. Constantly saying how I dont understand why people think Gabby cares more than most? If anything, given his supposed loyalty to the club, his performances against wages (especially when you consider rumours of him coming late to training under Houllier etc) are the biggest disgrace of the lot. The thing Gabby has got over Ireland is that at some point in the last 3 years he has to his credit put a handful of decent performances in and does work relatively hard for the team.

I don't think he's the kind of player that performs well under pressure. If he was playing for a team in the top of the league I'm sure he would shine but this season we've not even seen a glimpse of the player he was at Man City.

We weren't exactly flying high last season.

You're right. But I'm comparing to the form he had many years back in City when he showed great promise, and despite being voted player of the season last year he was nowhere near his old self.

You're right. But I'm comparing to the form he had many years back in City when he showed great promise, and despite being voted player of the season last year he was nowhere near his old self.

I agree but he was performing under pressure last season(well better than most at the club) when were were in a relegation battle as well.

I think he's suffered as a result of not having decent defensive midfielders behind him. That said, it's impossible to know what's happening behind the scenes... Whilst its frustrating that Ireland is yet another recent player that has only shown glimpses of his full potential, i always thought that would be a risk when he signed.

How do we think young Master Ireland will react to this sleight? Come out all guns blazing? Show Lambert who is wrong by forcing his way back into his plans?

Or will 'Mr Misunderstood' cut a disenchanted and alienated figure, grumbling about it to anyone who cares to hear about the latest chapter in the tailspin that is his career? 

How do we think young Master Ireland will react to this sleight? Come out all guns blazing? Show Lambert who is wrong by forcing his way back into his plans?

Or will 'Mr Misunderstood' cut a disenchanted and alienated figure, grumbling about it to anyone who cares to hear about the latest chapter in the tailspin that is his career?

Doubt he will ever force his way back into the team. Lambert is far too stubborn for that regardless if how hard Ireland works.

He has been rubbish. Certainly not justifying the huge wage that Lerner and Faulkner gave him. How many mangers now have not got the best out of him?

Mancini

Macdonald

Houllier

Mcallister

Lambert

Yet lambert is the one getting the blame, sounds right.

And on the flip side how many managers have failed to get anything from bent?

Yet in your eyes you don't blame the manager for that.

Â