Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Obviously it's all speculation but to think that KMAC had any serious power or say over the clubs long term plans (to which player acquisition is one component) is a tad silly. I think it's safe to assume that the board did it regardless of KMAC's 'input', he was after all, nothing but a temp.

Obviously it's all speculation but to think that KMAC had any serious power or say over the clubs long term plans (to which player acquisition is one component) is a tad silly. I think it's safe to assume that the board did it regardless of KMAC's 'input', he was after all, nothing but a temp.

^

For me it's a shame that the soap opera I thought it would be has proved right with Ireland. 

Was always onto a hiding being a makeweight in the Milner deal. Personally it was like a swift kick to the right when i heard we lost Milner then a follow up kick to the left when i heard we had Ireland as part of it. Then I started to realise why MON felt it was time to leave. He slagged off Man City and their players after demanding £2m to leave on his way out the door

First season was a nightmare starting with his debut in the 6-0 thrashing by Newcastle ending up with Houliier saying he needed to "work harder on his game" then telling his agent he was free to leave in the first transfer window after signing him - then shipping him off to Newcastle on loan on the last day of the window (coz no-one wanted him) where he got into trouble before he'd even played for them being pictured out on the lash the night before a game

Came back to Villa, 2nd season under McMuppet. gets a run of games then gets done up by his mrs on twitter at xmas when she posts THAT photo of him errr "relaxing" at home. Cue NATIONAL OUTRAGE from the UK's Daily Mail readers, TV, Radio all on his case. suddenly the whole world is watching again and he goes and inspires that 3-1 win at chelsea where he scored his only goal to date in a Villa shirt and also set up the 3rd goal (one of only 2 assists in a Villa shirt) in a great, well deserved man of the match performance. 

Under Lambert he was unlucky to break his wrist against Southampton after some promising performances in the first few games. from what was said of him by Lambert early on he either rates him as a player or decided that building him up and praising him would get the best out of him. I seriously never wanted him here in the first place and think it was THE moment that the rot set in in Lerner's reign when we signed him. The really infuriating thing for me is he has an amazing first touch and the ability in passing and vision I could only dream of.

Im not ITK, I dont know what people are paid but it's often bandied around on here that he 's on £60k a week. If that's so it means between us (Played 55, Goals 1, Assists 2) and Newcastle (2/0/0) in the last 2 and a half years we've shelled out around £7,800,000 in wages for 1 goal and 2 assists.

The even stranger thing is I want Lambert to play him. I just wish any of us had ANY idea what goes on in that shiny little head of his. If he suddenly finds the form that led him to score 20 goals in 3 years at City we'll beat the drop - that I'm sure of.

Horrible little man

Found out by all 3 managers as a lazy spinless chav who cares more about his idiot lifestyle he manages to fund off one good season playing in a side that made everything easy for him. Finished a footballer he should go buy a castle in the Highlands of Scotland paint it yellow and pink keep ferrets and only every say 'wibble'!

stephen ireland has never been signed by any manager

he came through citys youth set-up. when "they" decided he was never going to make the grade he was offered to randy like a px of a car.. we got a ford focus & we sold them a aston martin called milner.

i dont think randy will offer him a contract ever as hes done **** all for aston villa in near 3 years & i havnt seen a thing to think different.

I was a supporter of Ireland up until this season because he had shown what he's capable of even if it was only for one season and I was hoping he could find that form again here. Whilst I don't think he is a bad player (probably one of our best CM at the moment, but that's not saying much) he certainly doesn't justify the wage's he is on and since that's the huge problem at the club it might be time to get rid in the summer, not now as were lightweight as it is though.

Just think we could get 2 decent CM for the money were paying Ireland.

Also I don't think he's a lazy player, he actually look's like one of the few who give's a shit most of the time. 

What makes me laugh - albeit mirthlessly - is watching his useless attempts at tackling. Just watch him and marvel at how astoundingly clueless he really is.

I can imagine opposition managers telling their players:

"See that Ireland? Well, when he comes in to try to take the ball just turn. Turn anywhere, it won't matter. Whatever way you turn the thick **** will have found a way to get it wrong and will be behind you in a trice.

He'll do that 99 times out of a hundred but don't worry about losing possession. He'll only out-think himself and end up in a useful position the once so I'll not bollock you. Back in the day the Pittsburgh Steelers had a defence they called the Steel Curtain and they were mean. However Villa have the Meringue Midfield so go and enjoy yourselves."

What makes me laugh - albeit mirthlessly - is watching his useless attempts at tackling. Just watch him and marvel at how astoundingly clueless he really is.

I can imagine opposition managers telling their players:

"See that Ireland? Well, when he comes in to try to take the ball just turn. Turn anywhere, it won't matter. Whatever way you turn the thick **** will have found a way to get it wrong and will be behind you in a trice.

He'll do that 99 times out of a hundred but don't worry about losing possession. He'll only out-think himself and end up in a useful position the once so I'll not bollock you. Back in the day the Pittsburgh Steelers had a defence they called the Steel Curtain and they were mean. However Villa have the Meringue Midfield so go and enjoy yourselves."

To be honest you could say that about every single one of the midfielders at the club at the moment.

Edited by limvillian

Anyone else see Merson on soccer saturday!? I spat my tea out for a chuckle.

They were talking about the 'experienced' players currently at villa.....he said "stephen Ireland! what's happened to him?, he's been out for a drink with Terrence Trent Darby hasn't he? because I dont know what's happened to him either!

My days of waiting for him to come good are long gone I'm afraid.

Â