Stephen Ireland

omariqy

NO-one's arguing that he's any good. You're moving the goalposts to divert attention for your complete lack of evidence that he has a crap attitude.

(why am I even bothering?)

to be fair, people keep saying delfouneso has a bad attitude, with no evidence either

NO-one's arguing that he's any good. You're moving the goalposts to divert attention for your complete lack of evidence that he has a crap attitude.

(why am I even bothering?)

to be fair, people keep saying delfouneso has a bad attitude, with no evidence either

What's that got to do with ireland??

CI come on explain about his attitude??

Again, why does his attitude stink? As far as I know he always works hard in training and works hard on the pitch. The fact that he's ineffective when on the pitch does not mean he's lazy or he has an attitude problem. It's down to the simple fact that he has more "off" games than "on". But that's not down to choice by him, it's just because he's not very good. 

I have evidence that he doesnt work hard on the pitch. A lot of evidence.

personally I'm not a fan of Ireland, but the continuous bashing is over the top. He has played a few decent games this season as well in octobre.

Wasn't he voted Aston Villa's Supporters' player of the season last season? must have done something right in the eyes of quite a few people.

I am totally with CI on this one. Anyone who claims SI has anything other than a poor attitude is wrong imo. Does Stephen Ireland really look like a player working hard for the team and his money? I don't think I have ever seen him look interested. Absolutely no coincidence that 5 managers havent picked him. Nothing to do with a lack of talent because hes far more talented than the bunch we have who are currently playing. A total and utter waste of space. 1 of many pro footballers who are taking the utter piss.

personally I'm not a fan of Ireland, but the continuous bashing is over the top. He has played a few decent games this season as well in octobre.

Wasn't he voted Aston Villa's Supporters' player of the season last season? must have done something right in the eyes of quite a few people.

It was disgusting that there was even a player of the season award, never mind that SI won it. 

Thing is though, 'sweeping statements' and 'unfounded claims' aside, CI isn't wrong.

He's been utter garbage for us and is a burden on tight finances.

His method may be wrong but it's hard to disagree with the fundamental point.

He's been shit.

But no-one (or not many) are disagreeing with CI about Ireland being shit.

I think a lot of people are missing the point, regardless of his 'attitude'. You can get a player to have the same impact on the first team as Ireland for a 5th of the cost in wages.

Your telling me our 55k a week is well spent? For around 10k a week, we could pick up a lad from the Championship or League 1, who'll work harder and ultimately contribute more to the team.

On the attitude front, correct me if I'm wrong but when he joined didnt he do an interview saying how he woudnt be relocating to birmingham as effectively it's a shithole.

How about instead of saying correct me if i'm wrong you just link to this interview and actually back your point up with some evidence?

Â