General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Let me see if I understand you all...you don't like the music after the goal?? Is that right?? Am I missing something...you don't like music after the goal. Got it! I think! We definitely, probably, without a doubt, most certainly, almost positively, will NOT play music after the goal...definitely....and I will not run for President of the US if asked.

2. I will check into the issue with the Holte Pub loo.

^^^^^^

This direct input us fans get at Villa, straight to the board is the envy of every club I know. General, you should be very proud of this achievement. :cheers:

Hmm, the Pompey game will probably end up a no score draw now, so we won't know whether the music's gone or not.

General Sir, a big congrats to you, Randy, the rest of the board, MON, the staff and the players on turning the club around in 18 months. The biggest turn-around operation in the history of mankind? I know, the job's not done yet.

I went to bed last night with a smile on my face, and I can honestly tell you that has never happened after a loss before.

General

Great game today and great performance.

Just have one problem, the music when we score is awful! We have enough fans to make noise, we're not Bolton! Please can this be stopped? Thread here about it showing that others agree. http://tinyurl.com/33jl52

Gen

I was coming on here to say the same but someone has beat me to it....

So thank you for you catagorical reply on the matter - its a long slippery road we had started on and it wouldn't have been long before james Brown would have been played for a corner (and then every kick off would have to start with that de de di deer di deeer (Ice Hockey)

Apart from the moan of the music- it isn't often you lose and are proud of the players, they gave their all, we played Arsenal off the park second half and ITV summed it up when they said "Arsenal just about hung on". Fantastic display - sometimes you just gotta admit the opposition were class - and in that first half , that was some of the best football I've ever seen.

One thing it did show I think is for us to get "our goal" we need a top quality forward - no disrespect to Gabby and Carew but when they go forward, you HOPE it end in a goal - when the likes of Drogba, Adebayor and even (hint) the likes of Darren Bent and Dean Ashton - when the ball falls to them in the box - you THINK they are gonna score !!.

Also, and I hope this isn't too cheeky !! - can I ask if the kid season ticket holders are going to get a calender off the club for Xmas (they did last year), if they aren't - I'll get my boy one, but if he is getting one anyway - then I won't (I know its cheeky but hey - dont ask, dont get !!)

Forgot one thing Gen (maybe this was just a co-incidence but worth pointing out anyway)

Yesterday there was a "to-do" in the Holte End between two quite big blokes. Could have got quite nasty and certainly in the not too distant past would have resulted in about 5 stewards wading in like the SAS dragging them out, the people around them getting het-up and everyone ending up in a free for all.

However, yesterday, one steward walked up (an asian guy in an orange coat) spoke to both parties in a very underwhelming manner (using calming hand gestures etc..) and within about 2 minutes, by the time other stewards came - it had all died down and everyone got on wit watching the match.

You said, stewarding has been looked at and it was good to see this kind of thing.

Can you pass on a well done to the guy who handled it.

General,

All I have to say after watching a second half performance that brought pride and belief of what is to come is-

BRING ON POMPEY!!!!

PS- I hope that IF the story in a scummy redtop sunday rag is true, that the club and MON treat Ashley the right way, he's been fantastic this season adn I'd hate to see his confidence take a dip for being, well, a silly boy.

General,

Firstly, after the game last night my feelings were a little mixed, disappointed at the result but proud of the way we battled back in the second half. However this morning I cannot remember ever feeling more positive after a defeat. We have really put down a marker over the last month or so and finally the rest of the world is sitting up and taking notice. I am certain that we are on the way back to the top, this pride of lions has refound it's pride, the Randy revolution is really starting to roll. All I can say is that I hope Randy realises how much we all appreciate what he has done in the last 16 months, I feel the next few years are going to be magic.

Secondly, I dont know what your plans are for the forthcoming holiday season but as I'm sure you are aware football is very much part of the festivities here. The Wigan away game was being talked about by everyone yesterday, there is going to be a huge away following there and the atmosphere will make the players feel like they are at home. If you and Randy are here I invite you to join us in the away end to sample the craic, you'll love it.

Finally, can you ask Santa (Randy) to deliver our presents in January. He will get a letter soon from our representative, MON, listing our requirements. We promise to be good :angel: and will pay him back tenfold :notworthy:

Keep up the good work.

General Krulak here:

1. Let me emphasize that Randy, MON, the Squad and all of us on the Board and all at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath appreciate the tremendous support that the Fans have given the Team over the past year +. I cannot be more plain...we NEED fan support to keep the lads pushing for 90 minutes. When the fans are screaming, it is hard not to stay fully motivated and focused.

2. We are NOT where we want to be yet! Simple as that. We will not be there until the time comes when we win the close games and are not satisfied with playing tough with the top 4. Martin feels this, Randy feels this, I feel this and the Squad feels this. We are making headway and MON is doing a superb job of continuing the "Revolution" but....we have a long way to go and we know it. We will have good days and bad ones....they key is to have far more good than bad...it is called consistency. We have a great Manager and a supportive owner...we just need to give them time to do what they want and need to do.

3. "slippery road....James Brown"....Paulanddonna: Come on gang, that's a little too much. It is like the comment on another site where I was told that the fan wasn't coming back to VP because of the music. I am not even sure who decided to play the music...I asked some folks if they even heard it and many said no. Let's not make this a cause celebre...it is taken care of. Let's find something else to get passionate about...like the team.

On a serious note tho General;

Could you please make the match tickets for the Man Utd clash cheap so that we can sell-out the match and drive on our lads to the 4th round because not many people will go because its another Man Utd clash of which we seem to fair badly with!

General Krulak here:

3. "slippery road....James Brown"....Paulanddonna: Come on gang, that's a little too much. It is like the comment on another site where I was told that the fan wasn't coming back to VP because of the music. I am not even sure who decided to play the music...I asked some folks if they even heard it and many said no. Let's not make this a cause celebre...it is taken care of. Let's find something else to get passionate about...like the team.

Point taken, fair comment, it's sorted, which is nice. I'd strongly disagree that comment against as the start of a slippery slope is "too much". Sure it's ,

on the surface, a trivial matter, but not to us it isn't. It's a supporter culture thing.

It's one of those things that really gets people "wound up". It's just felt to be "wrong" in terms of football culture. It's a matter of pride, really. Fans feel "it's our job to make the noise" and any intrusion on that is like a stranger wandering into your home at a party and changing the music .

It might be benign, well meant etc, but it's still perceived as an uninvited stranger telling you you don't know how to have a party.

That's probably a rubbish analogy, and I'm glad it's going to be stopped. No harm trying and all that, but, no thanks.

I don't think it's anything to do with that blandy, I think it's simply that clubs like Bolton play music and clubs like Manchester United don't, and I know which I want Aston Villa to be. Anyway, thanks for saying it's sorted General! It's great that we as fans have this way to be in touch with someone right at the top, I can't tell you how much we appreciate it.

I actually just had a question purely out of interest - is there any more news on the rumoured change of Witton station's name to Villa Park station? I think it would look great on a railway timetable/map, as well as making it easier for visitiing supporters etc to know not to get off at Aston.

I actually don't know if this was ever even discussed at the club, or what deal with the council would need doing, I just remember there was a lot of talk about it a few months ago.

General,

What are your thoughts on the FA Cup draw? Please to have a big high profile tie, albeit against a side we really struggle against or would you have preferred some League 2 side to give us a better chance of progressing?

Hi General -

Thanks for your continued attendance here, we all appreciate it.

I was wondering what the marketing plan is with Villa and Nike. I visited a couple of Nike shops over the last couple of days at Gatwick Airport in departures, and anotherat Schipol Airport. - Celtic, Manure and Arsenal were well respresented in the displays, and there were a selection of other major european clubs, but no Villa. Do they not see us as yet as worthy partners, able to give Villa product shelf space, or are there other issues with supply ?