General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further on the the Browns questions, do you think there is any mileage in giving a page of the programme of both clubs to the other. I'm sure that a fair few Villa fans might start looking out for the Browns more and you never know we might start gaining some interest in Cleveland if they could read a short 1 pager on our exploits.

General ,

I was in the corner flag resteraunt today the rumour and I stress rumour is that they are planning to close it at the end of the year ? Is that correct ? Got to say I have always found the food and service very good in there but maybe the Holte Pub has affected trade ?

General,

Something that came up on the Wigan away tickets thread - would it be possible for the tickets page on the official site to be updated every couple of days with the current number of tickets sold / left of our allocation? It's great that they now put what our initial allocation is (you got them to start doing this when I asked you about it several months ago!), but it would save people having to call the ticket office all of the time to see how many are left.

Cheers.

General Krulak here:

1. I will be off the site from tomorrow-Saturday...on a short trip. Then on the following week, I will be departing US on Wednesday to fly to UK. Will attend Youth FA Cup game and weekend game. I am NOT deserting the site.

2. Randy does NOT deal in arms!!!! Strange comment to be made.

3. I realize that there are questions re. drawing for FA Cup. All information has been provided to Richard Fitzgerald and Phil Mepham and they are pursuing the issue. We should all keep cool and let the Club and FA investigate the issue. The drawing is very closely monitored and I have a hard time imagining that a mistake was made but....we will know soon. Richard and Phil have it for action. Keep cool.

4. We should have 37+K at the game.

5. Bryshe1: You have now bolstered my wife's on-going argument that I am colour-blind!! Thanks...like I needed that! The deep "claret" that you see is meant to replicate the deep claret of a previous Badge but doesn't "work" well around the park. It will be repainted to Claret. We will take a walk around the Park and see where else we might have not got the colours right. As for continuing to make my life miserable with my wife and her colour-blind comments, I only want you to post "positive" things about me...I need all the help I can get.

6. PA System...we know we have a problem and will be sorting it by fixing the entire system. As for the lucky draw...an interesting idea but I would hope we can keep fans in the seats by playing consistent, exciting, winning, football.

7. Season Tickets: The correct answer was posted. Obviously as we continue to play good football and become more successful, we hope to sell more season tickets. We will never sell all season tickets and would not want to do so. At the same time, if you are thinking of becoming a season ticket holder, you should watch for the opening of the sale of those tickets for next year so that you don't miss out.

8. Combined merchandise...I like the idea and will check and see if we can do something like that.

9. Ticket update on official site....I will ask Nicky Keye if this is something she could do.

10. We generally average around 2K away tickets however for Wigan we have sold 4,200 to date and have taken as many tickets as made available to us. We have about 1000 remaining.

11. I can confirm that the Junior Villans will receive a calendar and Christmas Card this year.

12: How to motivate? A good but difficult question. I have discovered over my career that the way to motivate is to 1) be passionate about the issue...believe in it and be excited about it, 2) don't be afraid to show that passion...you don't have to be a screamer or some knight on a steed but your people need to know that you do care, 3) different people need different types of motivation...so it is important to know your people, 4) be genuine...be sincere...don't try to be someone you aren't, 5) care...simply care, 6) understand that every minute of every hour someone is looking at you...if your head is down and you have a scowl on your face, they will see it...you can't motivate unless you are positive in your attitude, 7) walk your talk...don't ask for motivated people and not be motivated yourself. These are just some thoughts...hope they help.

12: How to motivate? A good but difficult question. I have discovered over my career that the way to motivate is to 1) be passionate about the issue...believe in it and be excited about it, 2) don't be afraid to show that passion...you don't have to be a screamer or some knight on a steed but your people need to know that you do care, 3) different people need different types of motivation...so it is important to know your people, 4) be genuine...be sincere...don't try to be someone you aren't, 5) care...simply care, 6) understand that every minute of every hour someone is looking at you...if your head is down and you have a scowl on your face, they will see it...you can't motivate unless you are positive in your attitude, 7) walk your talk...don't ask for motivated people and not be motivated yourself. These are just some thoughts...hope they help.

That is excellent stuff. Thanks General.

That is excellent stuff. Thanks General.

Blimey! Good answer Gen, Thanks.

....... and keep up the stunning work.

General Krulak here:

9. Ticket update on official site....I will ask Nicky Keye if this is something she could do.

10. We generally average around 2K away tickets however for Wigan we have sold 4,200 to date and have taken as many tickets as made available to us. We have about 1000 remaining.

Hope she comes up with something, it would be a good addition to the site.

1000 remaining? I rang up earlier and was told it was sold out, I dont know if we are getting anymore tickets but someone else said they rang up and were told to call back on Friday as we might be getting more. When did you last hear we had 1k left?

Gen,

Just wanted to say that when I went to the Sports Soccer store at the Fort today it came to my surprise that there was ABSOLUTLY NO Villa merchandise there and that is the closest Sports Soccer to VP.

Just thought i'd attent you upon the matter :)

General Krulak here:

1. We are making an effort to bring the Browns and Villa closer...because the passion of the Fans is very similar. The "Dog Pound" at Cleveland Stadium is like the Holte End at Villa Park.

2. I know that MON is considering another friendly but it is up to him.

General, I had an e mail off the club today, linking to a supporter survey. Usually the questions are fairly, er, basic in general on web surveys, but this last one seemed to me to ask some genuinley interesting/relevant questions - which to me shows that either you've got someone decent to do the survey, or that whoever devised the questions is actually onto things which matter.

Whichever, it's a good sign. There's always other stuff that windy people like myself would like to say, but it was good to fill in a form that I felt was asking mostly pertinent questions, or ones where I could at leasst see where the question was aimed.

General, some people are completely unrealistic about pricing strategy and it would appear they expect you to make tickets ridiculously cheap for all games.

Some people have short memories and forget how much money you lot have pumped into the club

General, you and Randy must be happy as Larry with MON and Gabby both getting this months awards. Nice one! :D

can i add that the General always posts with respect for all and has proved that he will help out wherever possible so i think the abusive response on ticket prices is not only disrespectful but uncalled for and the point could have been put across without the foul language. This is only my opinion of course.