General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General, am I right in thinking that I read that the club were considering having the 1957 FA Cup Winners on the pitch before our first FA Cup game in 2008 much as we did so well with the 82 squad? If so, have we been able to put the wheels in motion, if not it would be a great idea and it might just get the fans up for this one as they were for the Sheffield United game and it might just give us an edge on the day.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General what is your take on George Mitchell's report on steroid abuse in baseball? Senator Mitchell has been a hero of mine for sometime due to his incredible work in Northern Ireland and when I saw he was assigned the task of investigating Baseball I thought to myself - what a waste. Man was I wrong he just gave the sport the most fantastic ass kick in the right direction by having the guts to name and shame, do you think this could be the start of more investigations into perhaps Basketball and American Football? Or will the buck stop here giving everyone else a get of of jail free card?

General,

Please, Please, can the club look seriously into investing in new technology for the coverage of our games. For overseas fans like myself, we rely on this service to follow many of our team's games. The frustration when it goes offline, like today in the last minute, is disappointing to say the least!

General,

At the game yesterday, one idiot decided to celebrate our equaliser by encroaching onto the pitch, goading the home fans and generally being an idiot. If AVFC know this man's identity, is there some way we can ensure that he never again has the opportunity to dirty the club's good name by making, what was already a difficult ticketing and stewarding situation, even worse?

Hello General,

This is my first post as i just like reading your comments. I am a massive fan of Aston Villa and although i live 150 miles away in Skegness i usually get to about 8 games a season. It is with terrible circumstances i am messaging you. I live in the seaside resort of Skegness and play for skegness town fc. As a youngster i was part of Villa's academy and went on to be a yts with Sheffield Wednesday.

Tragically three weeks ago, At skegness town fc we lost one of our most influential players to a terrible accident in Maine USA Adam Baxter Aged 19. He was on a football scholarship at maine university and was named in the American all east team of the year. Up until this season he was one of our most consistent and talented players. He left us to pursue his dream in the USA. This tragedy has put the whole town of Skegness in shock. We have lost one of the towns brightest talents in years.

My manager has been in contact with every single premiership club as Adams parents have set up a memorial fund for him. We are having a memorial day at our home game on sat 29th dec. Many clubs have responded in a positive manner donating many gifts that can be auctioned off or won in a raffle, most notably Derby County and Reading FC whom have donated fantastic gifts. When my manager contacted Aston Villa he was told by a lovely lady that he should be ok getting something for the auction and was given a number to ring.. Upon ringing this number he didn't get an answer but recieved a letter in the post saying that My Beloved Aston Villa couldn't do a thing to help. This has disgusted me that a massive and much loved premiership team couldnt do a thing to help.

I think that this is incredibly sad and an very disheartened by this, i know that this is not your fault but thought that i should bring this to your attention.

Many thanks to yourself and Randy for turning my beloved Aston Villa into a force once again.

Thankyou General

Nathan Hancock

General Krulak here:

1. Just back from a good trip to UK and Villa. Not much to say about the Sunderland game...very hard fought, we had our chances, wish we took 3 points home...1 point is better than none. We need to get back in the win column soonest!! Youth FA game was a good one...a couple of really talented youngsters on the squad. It would give you much confidence to see these lads play.

2. Grant: I really should not comment on player status. That is for MON to do.

3. Cards and calendars for our youth. I was in Nicky Keye's office 4 times during my stay in the UK and her folks were busy stuffing envelopes...and really enjoying it. They probably were having as much fun sending the cards and calendars as the children have receiving them. You would love the folks...very excited about being a part of this effort. Yes, I even put a few cards in envelopes!!

4. I do not believe we will be parading the '57 team before the ManU game. Getting the '82 Squad together was a 3 month long evolution...bringing people all the way from New Zealand and Australia.

5. Steroids in baseball....a disgrace!!! It is a black day for the sport.

6. Hobbo: The very thing that I like about the UK fans is also what disturbs me about them. PASSION!! I love it when it is directed towards the Squad on the Pitch...It disappoints me when it is directed at the opposite fans. There are always the small minority that give all fans a bad name. It is especially bad when this small minority brings discredit to the Club.

7. Michael Cunnah will be doing a good many things for our Club. He will be involved in some of the key strategic areas that Randy is looking at...ranging from the Stadium to long range plans. Michael is a superb individual and will be very welcome at Villa...by everyone.

8. Villaman2008. Nathan, please call Lee Preece at AVFC and tell him I asked you to call him and tell him the situation. He will sort it.

Dear Mr Krulak,

please can you tell the man with the blue vauxhall car who parks it outside the ticket office every day time i go to Villa Park, to remove the Birmingham City stickers from his windows.

This really makes me sad, can you make him park outside villa park if he keeps being annoying.

This makes our ground and car park look untidy.

Maybe your mate Randy could buy him a villa sticker for christmas.

Have a nice Christmas Mr Krulak, do you have santa in usa?

Love from Jimmy age 7.

General Krulak here:

1. Jimmy, the car belongs to one of our employees...we let him keep it just to show that we are an equal opportunity employer. Seriously, the car does belong to one of the folks who works for the Club...an individual who does a superb job for us. I understand where the sticker might cause you some "pain" but it does not represent his efforts for the Villa.

2. Sony...no facts nor rumours. :D

General Krulak here:

1. Jimmy, the car belongs to one of our employees...we let him keep it just to show that we are an equal opportunity employer. Seriously, the car does belong to one of the folks who works for the Club...an individual who does a superb job for us. I understand where the sticker might cause you some "pain" but it does not represent his efforts for the Villa.

Perhaps this should be 'leaked' to the press. It would gain even more positive PR for the club via headlines such as - Villa score with 'Care in the community'. :winkold:

General, you may not want to answer this but excluding the TV money is it possible to give us an indication on how much extra (or not) commercial revenue has gone up since Randy took over. One of the main complaints of the previous regime was the static cash flows for commercial side and we have all noticed the massive improvement in that area, as this been reflected in increased revenue. Obviously we all know the TV money went up by a susbtantial amount but are the Birmingham public and buisness's reacting positivitly to what they are seeing ?

General Krulak here:

1. Discussing the Clubs financials on a web site is probably not a good thing to do. Suffice it to say that revenue and expenses both vary a great deal based upon what the Club is doing...both positive to ensure cash "in" and positive to cash "out." Much of our expenses go to making us a better Club all around.