General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

More praise! I have noticed the extraordinary attention to detail shown by the Board in relation to the appearance of Villa Park and was delighted yesterday to see that the seats in the Director's Box and Corporate areas are now all sky blue, in keeping with the rest of the tier. Men like yourselves who get the small details right deserve to be trusted with the big decisions, and I look forward to seeing what else you have in store for Villa Park.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Witton Lane Station: We looked at this one very hard but the end-game cost was just too much. It was not just a matter of changing signs....it was a matter of changing every single railroad schedule, document, etc. that had Witton Station on it. There were other costs involved as we looked into what it would take to make this happen. At the end of the day, it was not considered a good way to spend the Club's money.

2. FA Cup Draw: Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about it. My Marine Corps philosophy says, "Bring 'em on...we probably have to go thru them anyway to win." At the same time, it is a very tough game and will definitely be a make or break...early in the competition. I can go either way on this....but the draw has been made and "someone up there" seems to feel this is a good one...so I can't argue.

3. Our arrangement with Nike is a good one and we will start to see our kit in stores more and more. Obviously, the better we get, the better it is for both parties.

General,

I don't know if you will be aware but since England's calamitous failure to qualify for Euro 2008, a lot has been made in the media about the quality of coaching in this country at grass roots and academy level. What is the club doing to ensure that our academy continues to turn potentially talented young kids into fully fledged Premiership stars and are we looking to learn from the academies in countries where more technically proficient players are produced, such as Spain and the Netherlands?

I actually just had a question purely out of interest - is there any more news on the rumoured change of Witton station's name to Villa Park station? I think it would look great on a railway timetable/map, as well as making it easier for visitiing supporters etc to know not to get off at Aston.

I know this has been answered, but as an employee of the railway i can confirm just how incredibly difficult, expensive and drawn out it would be to change the name of a station.

Hi General,

This is my first post and as I’m a woman I feel a bit out of my depth on this site which is predominately male orientated.

I have read all your answers to the many wide and varied points raised by fans and have been astounded that you have managed to keep up with the correspondence – it is however I believe, a vial link to the supporters and is much appreciated.

Now to my point. I was most amused with your response regarding the colour of the posts outside Villa store and the Ticket Office and your lack of ability to differentiate between purple and claret due, according to your wife, to your colour blindness. With this in mind I went to see for myself before the Arsenal game and they are indeed a shade of purple, definitely not claret. This inspired me to take a walk around the outside of the ground to see if there were any other colour anomalies I could help you with, given your "colour blindness". You will be pleased to know that I found two instances where what purports to be claret, is indeed a lovely shade of lilac. These are to be found on the lettering above the players’ entrance, over the Ticket Office and Villastore when illuminated.

Might I suggest that a consistency of colour for everything concerned with Aston Villa should be something the club should strive for but being a mere “girly” I think the players would look lovely in lilac shirts to match the illuminated signs!

Love and kisses

Bryshe

Hiya General

1 - Please - Do whatever it takes to change the Holte acoustics ! We were deafening, yet I know plenty who heard very little, and nothing came over on the TV later.

2 - I've mentioned this before but I think it slipped by - can't we hold some sort of "£100" Lucky Seat draw - at the end of the game for collection then or never - to keep more fans in their seats unil the end ?

Other than that thanks to you , the Mighty Randy, and the rest for tranforming our club and with it our very lives !!

General, any idea on the current amount of tickets sold for Portsmouth?

If its close to selling out im gonna have to borrow some money and pop down tomorrow :(

was at the ticket office this afternoon

37,000 +

should not have a problem mate

Good afternoon Sir,

My home team, the Portland Trailblazers, frequently participates in community outreach events. Over the last two months and countless trips to Aston, it is quite clear that this is an area in need. I think the shinning example set by Paul Allen's team could be implemented here in Britain. Something as simple as organizing a trash pickup day or serving food would really go along ways to build a positive relationship between the club and the surrounding community. In addition, I think it would be great to offer a reduced ticket fee for those with an Aston zip code. This could be set up for games that are not sold out and implemented seven days before the scheduled match. That way you are able to maximize the benefit of supporters with the financial means to pay the full price and capture additional revenue from seats that would have otherwise remained unfilled. It's a win-win for everyone involved. You talk of a "Revolution". Let us roll up our sleeves and really take AVFC to the next level Sir.

Thank you for your time, Sir.

Kind Regards,

David Baker

My worry would be with that, David (having worked in Rugby League ticketing etc) you find that people get a bit angry having paid full price when others get it cheaper by leaving it late.

I would suggest the inverse of what you've said there (keep the Aston Postcode idea...) but reward those who bought their tickets a month before... etc. It allows the club to know as well what revenue they have.

Gen,

The earlier point about the Holte acoustics reminded me of something, would it be possible to 'fill' the gap at the side of the Holte upper in between the Holte and Trinity? I do not mean extend the stand, simply extend the current poly type sheeting. I sit in virtually the middle of the Holte upper and can still feel spots of rain at times!! and I'm sure that this would help any acoustic problems.