General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Just a couple of questions.

Firstly, what are the reasons behind the decision to continue relations with premium tv rather than create the bespoke website that you mentioned?

Also, some of your posts previously have indicated that season ticket holders will be receiving some "extras", one of which I understood was going to be free access to the video content on the new website. Are these plans still in place and do you have any details relating to this?

Neither are particularly significant issues at the moment, but I would appreciate your input on this.

Many thanks

Tom

General,

Another thread has again peeked my interested in this subject.

While I'm sure your not 100% privy to all the in's and out's of the TV deal in place with the premier league and Sky/Satanta/BBC, do you have any idea of the broadcast rights with regard to streaming games via the Internet?

I again broach this subject as an international based Villa fan (New Jersey, USA) who is becoming frustrated with the fact that I wish to watch my team play, but find that the coverage simply is not available.

I'am a Villa World subscriber and have been since it's inception, but I'm sure you can appreciate that listening as opposed to watching simply does not cut it.

There are methods of seeing the games online, but in my view I would much rather be playing the club money for a quality service to see the team play live. (Think season ticket holder who is unable to attend games, due to a rather large body of water in the way)

I realise that other prorities exist right now and this may be a little way's down the agenda, but some insight into if the club plans to do anything along these lines in the future would be appreciated.

General Krulak here:

1. We should have close to 2000 at game tonight.

2. Questions on web: I have asked Phil Mepham to give me the answers to the two questions mentioned above. When i get the answers, I will pass them on.

3. JerseyVillain. On line game: I do not have access to the TV deal that is in place but I am sure there are major restrictions re. the use of the "feed." Interestingly, I have been able to watch most games at a local Pub here in DE. With my back slowly getting better, I will be going back to UK but I haven't missed much from the standpoint of TV because we have a pub to visit that shows the games.

General Krulak here:

1. Great win tonight!!! 4 in a row...1st time in 7 years. SO NICE for Harewood. Remember, we have a loooong road to go...but we are headed in the right direction. Keep supporting us and it will be a great ride.

2. StewieGriffin: You are the man!!

Fantastic result General, hope you got to see it, Ash's goal inparticular was a bit special and you could see how much it meant to him (and Marlon later on). This was meant to be my first away game back today but the trains weren't on my side unfortunately, still got to see it though and it was another fantastic performance from the lads.

Hi General,

First things first, thanks for your continued correspondance with us the fans and your patience which must be tested at times.

The team and MON have been brilliant in recent weeks and on Saturday they face a huge test so I think its time for us the fans to step up our efforts. I've noticed at recent games at VP although the atmosphere has been great people don't take their seats until quite late.

But when I think back to the Sheff Utd game at the end of last season because of the celebration there was an amazing atmosphere building way before the players came out.

I appricate you can't recreate that day every home match but I just thought the club may be able to do something to get the fans in their seats a little earlier. I love the thought of the ground full way before kick off so the visiting players can hear the crowd before they even leave the dressing room.

Villa Park is becoming a fortress again, the team have raised their game now its our turn.

Hi General.

For some time now i and many other Villa fans have been frustrated by Petrov on the pitch and he has had to deal with a lot of grief off us fans. It now seems as though he has regained his confidence and is getting better by the game. As he has had to hear all the negative things said about him could you please pass on the details of the below post so he can now see how the fans are reacting to him now? I'm sure it will mean a lot to him to see that his effort has been recognised. Credit where credit is due i say.

>>>PETROV POST<<<

Hi General,

I mentioned to you, on this forum back in October, the awful colour the posts and railings had been painted outside Villa Store and the Ticket Office (a nasty shade of purple) and wondered how this had happened considering your commitment to standardising the Villa brand and colours.

You said that you would take a look. As nothing has happened are we to assume that you are happy with this brand colour violation?

Gerry Hitchens

General Krulak here:

1. The original PTV contract expired in the summer. We went thru an exhaustive tender process which encompassed responses from a host of highly regarded providers. After much consideration, we decided to continue with PTV based on their ability to provide a "best of breed" service that incorporated existing technology and some exclusive additions. The new site doesn't conform to a rigid PTV platform but while there are certainly elements that are replicated on other PTV sites, we were able to develop a bespoke package that suited the requirements highlighted with the help of SUPPORTER CONSULTATION. It may be of interest that PTV recently won the contract to provide for the P.L. because of their increasing reputation as a provider.

2. There are "specials" for S-T holders...to include Holte Pub drawings, ticket pricing, etc.

3. Paddy, glad you got to the game. Don't overdue it too much.

4. TrentVilla: Let's face it...the Fans make the environment...not the Club.

General,

There has been a few comments about Villa fans damaging the toilets at Eawood Park last night.

Out of interest do the club get contacted over this or even billed for the repair?

If so, is it a regular occurance?

Thanks

VB

General Krulak here:

1. Colour of paint. We've got too much going on to try to repaint at this time. Not even sure I can tell the difference but my wife has always said I was colour blind.

2. We have received word that a loo was damaged...and that it was our fans who did the damage. Obviously, we are trying to follow this up and see if we can verify all the reports. If, in fact, our fans did damage another Club's stadium (notice I said if), then it is a sad day for us. We are Aston Villa FC...we are not a bunch of hooligans. Our reputation is superb and IF this happened, it reflects on all of us. I hope and pray that the initial reports are not accurate...but IF they are, then shame on us.

General,

Not sure if you will be attending the Aston Villa staff Xmas party tonight as assume you`re still over in the States ? - But can I just say how nice it is that all staff (match day included) have been invited. This certainly would not have happened a few years back.

If I do see you there, I will buy you a drink.

General Krulak here:

1. Colour of paint. We've got too much going on to try to repaint at this time. Not even sure I can tell the difference but my wife has always said I was colour blind.

2. We have received word that a loo was damaged...and that it was our fans who did the damage. Obviously, we are trying to follow this up and see if we can verify all the reports. If, in fact, our fans did damage another Club's stadium (notice I said if), then it is a sad day for us. We are Aston Villa FC...we are not a bunch of hooligans. Our reputation is superb and IF this happened, it reflects on all of us. I hope and pray that the initial reports are not accurate...but IF they are, then shame on us.

Villa fans definitely damaged the sty (st andrews) General. I'm afraid it happens at every ground in UK when such a derby game is taking place. How do I know it was villa fans? Well when I went use the toilets, which only Villa fans had access to they were flooded. When I was leaving the ground and had to walk down the stairs, bannisters and lightshad been ripped out and littered the stairs. Its a few pissed asbo kids doing it and they are a small minority so don't worry about it. They'll do the same to our ground in April im afraid.

Sorry just read you were discussing toilet damage at Ewood Park, not the sty. Yes it is shameful, as is doing it at the sty. Very dysfunctional people.