General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

Just to echo what others have said and to say thanks for taking the time yesterday to answer the same questions over and over again in regards to Mons future.

Again like others have said can you give a big thank you to Mon form the fans for being a man of great integrity and showing great loyalty by giving a committment to finish the job he has started.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, quck question of which you may have answered in the past.

Is there any plans to bring back Browns Merchandise to Villa Stores? I've been to both stores and neither of them have stocked any.

Thanks,

PJ

General

Please accept my gratitude on the progress being made by the club since Mr Lerner took charge. As someone who was there in the old Third Division in the early 70's and the great days, it is a pleasure to see people actually not thinking we are a joke club any more. I work in London and they now realise Villa are a club going places. Well done to you all

General

Just got in from the pub, I am elated.

I woke up this morning and I never had any doubt that we would win. The last time I had an arrogant feeling that we were going to win away was at least 10 years ago.

We are on our way.

HI general, pretty new to this board and its great to see someone like your good self in tune with the fans i was just wonderering if the club had any plans to indroduce an open day at villa park where the fans can get a sneaky look behind the goings on at villa park,i know the club run a stadium tour but it would be great to have an open day.I went on one myself when i was a lad and it was a great day out especially if you have a couple of 1st team players there and other membersc of staff to show people how the club is run on a day to day basis.If the club has no plans to do this is there a chance of getting some plans in place for the future?

Gen

Sorry to go on about it agin but this is from a different angle.

MON came out on Friday and said in a round about way - no to England.

Saturday come and the press was full of "argh, yes but, he didn't actually say he did't want it did he". So after Boro, MON came out again and said "It's the end, I am committed to seeing this job through, and basically go away FA"

AND STILL, today, the papers are full of "Aargh, yes, he said he didn't want it, but we have it on authority that he WILL BE ENGLAND MANAGER".

Tell you what, I'm totally sick of it, Arsene Wenger says no, and everyone accepts it because "he is at a big club in London". It is totally insulting that the press think that MON will take the England managers job just "why would he stay at a club like Villa".

What are your thoughts and, is MON the type of bloke to say "Look, I've tried to be diplomatic about all this, I've tried to say its a bit embarassing answering that I don't want a job I haven't been offerred, but once and for all - I will not be taking the England managers position and (this is to the press) look, I get on with you guys but if continue to print drivvle that is unsettling my football club then I will refuse to do interviews".

Sorry to nag, but all the papers are full of it, and Sky Sports journo programme "The Sunday Suppliment" were all saying this morning - if the FA say "we are sorry, we got it wrong last time" we KNOW MON will jump at it.

Totally insulting to us !!!

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, we will have Browns mechandise at our stores.

2. Arsenal will be a sell-out.

3. Open day at Villa Park...let me try that one on for size.

4. Paulanddonya: Remember what I said earlier? I said that the more MON says, the more the Press will speculate. That is life!! It has nothing to do with our Club...it has everything to do with the man and his abilities. Martin has stated, unequivocally, that he is NOT interested in the job. To keep stating that will only cause the media to clamour for more...."He protest too much." Let's let it be.

Greetings Sir,

Thank you for your response to my prompt on global strategy.

I have two additional follow-up questions for you:

1. What strategies have AVFC management proposed for creating a consistent, winning squad on the pitch?

2. To what degree are the coaches and players involved in this brainstorming process?

Thank you for your time, sir.

Regards,

David

General Krulak here:

1. David: To be totally upfront with you, I don't think it would be wise for me to post our strategy on this web-site....I would imagine anything I wrote could be easily picked up. What I will say is obvious to all....the Manager and Coaches do have input into what our plans are and, in fact, participate at all stages.

General, first of all let me send you my absolute gratitude for the way you and everyone else who has come into this club and transformed us... it is fantastic! As a student i am absolutely delighted that this year i was able to purchase a season ticket for £280, most Leeds fans pay almost double to see League 1 football. Your price freezing and structuring is second to none and it should be commended. Its one of the reasons VP is so full these days.

Good morning Sir,

I appreciate your candor and understand the need to keep inside information private.

Switching gears a bit, I would like to take a minute to discuss AVFC's role in the local community.

Given that Aston has a 20.6% unemployment rate, does AVFC's plan for growth include creating and making jobs available locally?

In addition, has there been discussion on allocating money to enhance the community immediately surrounding the stadium?

Any information on past, current, and future projects would be greatly appreciated.

Once again General, thank you for you time, sir.

Regards,

David

General Krulak here:

1. Ian_Taylor: Thank you for the kind words. Grab a hold of some of your friends and tell them to join the "Revolution."

2. David: We are working with the local community to see what can be done to make the environment better for all. This takes the form of working with Aston Hall, working with the youth and working with the local government. A football club's ability to "create employment" is not as great as you might expect. When we are involved in construction, local folks help but that is "temporary"...regular, full-time employment is not readily available. Vacancies must exist and that normally does not happen...particularly when working for a FC....a very sought after position.

Hi General,

Again i want to echo everyone who has said well done and keep up the good work, it is a pleasure supporting us at the moment and your work on these boards is hugely appreciated.

Me and a few friends were chatting at the game at Middlesbrough on Saturday about how good our away support is and how its a shame we never know how many fans we actually had at these games. I know a few clubs print the figures on their website or in the prgramme and i for one would love to see the stats for the numbers of our away support (and also for away fans coming to Villa)

Obviously this is a very minor point but also something i'm sure would be easy to publish and wondered if it's possible to do?

Up the Villa

General,

Does Randy ever visit this site and/or others and if so what does he think about them? Does he get offended by some of the posts? Does he laugh at us spending his money in the transfer threads? Or get frightened at the figures we think we will spend? Does he know how much we appreciate what he has done so far for the club?

Many thanks

Fuse

General Krulak here:

1. I don't think Randy has ever visited one of these sites. I have, on occasion, passed information to him as to what the "temperature" is like and, of course, have continuously passed information to the Leadership at Villa Park re. questions and comments that are posed on this and other sites.

General ,

I was invited yesterday to a lunch at Man City where they had invited Carreca a great Brazillian goalscorer of the 80's and along with their two current Brazillian players it was a celebrity sporting lunch where they raised money for charity and signed off Brazillian shirts . Sven made an appearance and whilst I was tempted to ask him about the fake Sheik episode the afternoon went off without a hitch and over 200 people attended . The point of the post is that at this time of year a lot of businesses go to to these type of sporting lunches and can't help thinking we are missing a trick here and there are enough old Villa managers / players who could speak at these events with maybe a comedian aswell .

Ideal for the Holte suite or Trinity Lounge ?