General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, just a quick point.

I went into town today and saw several adverts for villa, that is most encouraging. However I mentioned right at the start of Randy's takeover that the signage and directions to VP from the road. As of yet nothing has changed and it is disappointing that on the roads into villa - Tyburn, Lichfield, Gravelley Hill, aston Lane, newtown row there is little of it, it is poor and no claret and blue. are there any plans to do this or are you limited by the authorities on what you can do ?

General Krulak here:

1. Colour of paint. We've got too much going on to try to repaint at this time. Not even sure I can tell the difference but my wife has always said I was colour blind.

2. We have received word that a loo was damaged...and that it was our fans who did the damage. Obviously, we are trying to follow this up and see if we can verify all the reports. If, in fact, our fans did damage another Club's stadium (notice I said if), then it is a sad day for us. We are Aston Villa FC...we are not a bunch of hooligans. Our reputation is superb and IF this happened, it reflects on all of us. I hope and pray that the initial reports are not accurate...but IF they are, then shame on us.

General, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but the male toilets on the left hand side of the Darwen End at Ewood were vandalised by Villa fans. I saw the damage with my own eyes at half time.

The suspended ceiling had been ripped down and the light fittings smashed I'm afraid.

Welcome to English society, General. :cry:

General you said re the colour of the posts outside Villa Store "Colour of paint. We've got too much going on to try to repaint at this time. Not even sure I can tell the difference but my wife has always said I was colour blind." I can assure you it’s not claret!

I'm sorry you are not able to deal with this as I thought the new regime would have more attention to detail than the previous incumbents. Surely it’s not that difficult to give painters the code number for the claret brand of the club and get it redone.

Well at least we know what to expect in future with shirt colours and merchandise!

Hi General,

Can I just say it was great that the club invited ALL staff to the xmas party. This is something that never would have happened before and it means so much to those people to feel part of the Villa family and feel respected for their part at the club by the people at the top.

Keep up the good work as you have made me feel so proud of this great club again.

General, just a quick point.

I went into town today and saw several adverts for villa, that is most encouraging. However I mentioned right at the start of Randy's takeover that the signage and directions to VP from the road. As of yet nothing has changed and it is disappointing that on the roads into villa - Tyburn, Lichfield, Gravelley Hill, aston Lane, newtown row there is little of it, it is poor and no claret and blue. are there any plans to do this or are you limited by the authorities on what you can do ?

Road Signage is the responsibility of the Council (and even they have to follow Government guidelines)and the club can not just go out and put their own signs up on the roads. If you use the train to get to the game the station signage has now been badged withthe Villa crest, so things have improved in some areas.

General, went to Villa park today and there seems to be more improvements each time i go and i'm a season ticket holder so there often! Good to see you priortising work and improvements on the stadium in such a proffesional way. Never noticed the colour of the posts i was too busy looking at the new screens and all the other major improvements. Love the new screens!

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, Randy was at Blackburn game and will be there tomorrow. I will be going to the Youth FA Cup game on the 13th at VP and I think Randy will be joining me. Since the Youth play a large role in our plans...we wanted to show them we support their efforts. We are hoping for a good turnout. We play Crewe.

2. Are we ahead of schedule? The answer is no. We are just about on schedule but realize that many things can impact our plan. Something as simple as "permits" can take more time than expected. Likewise, when we were working on the Holte Inn, we ran into major structural problems because the place had been allowed to almost collapse. So for every three steps forward, we take one back. A real success story is Bodymoor Heath which is coming along very nicely...a bit ahead of schedule. Obviously we are progressing on the Pitch which is the key to everything in our plan. We are smart enough to recognize that we still have a long way to go and will need to continue to make smart moves as we follow our Plan. The key is consistency...across the Board. Consistency on the Pitch, consistency in the treatment of the fans, consistency on the business side of the house. If we can get all of this right, we will be fine. It WILL take time...we have a looong way to go. BUT, we are focused and on the right path.

The key is consistency...across the Board. Consistency on the Pitch, consistency in the treatment of the fans, consistency on the business side of the house. If we can get all of this right, we will be fine. It WILL take time...we have a looong way to go. BUT, we are focused and on the right path.

I think that ambition has been there for all to see. With question marks over the behavior and the aims of so many of the new foreign owners in the PL, it's comforting to have a board in which I and almost every Villa supporter has absolute faith. Keep up the good work!

General, with us in very decent form at the moment, what are your hopes and expectations for the present campaign?