General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General

Im disappointed the club have deecided to make the cup game a cat A game,

Normally wouldnt cause a problem, but as my ST is in the north stand it means I have to move and pay around an extra £12 for the right.

I dont know if the reason the away fans are put here is becuase that means the club dont sell £20 tickets or not but I suspect it is.

Theres a good chance this will be our only game in the cup again this season, Ithought youd want as many fans there as possible,

Now I can just see Man u fans all around the ground.,

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

I apologise for the language in my earlier post. It was uncalled for.

I do however stand by the fact that the pricing is over the top and that the club are pushing the limits of the loyalty of the fans with it being so close to Xmas and being televised.

It would be useful and I would be grateful if you could explain the clubs decisions taken in respect of pricing levels for this game.

Many thanks.

Interesting point about the pricing of the cup game. You may not be aware but back in the day cup games up to a certain stage in the competition were part of the season ticket. That's the kind of tradition that would be welcome and probably wouldn't cost the club much. It seems we get Manure every year and lose anyway!

Seriously, the club should do this. It would assure the attendance of every season ticket holder apart from those who simply wouldn't be able to go in any circumstances.

Also, as Chris asks above: Hatton or Mayweather!

Hi general, just a few tiny points.

went to the club shop in town today and one top we are selling took my fancy. seems we arent getting the medium and large sizes from Nike?? is there a supply problem?

also i must echo the point about pricing at the Man Utd game. maybe we have lost he 12th man we needed?

You are a legend general. Take Care.

General Krulak here:

1. Pricing: I understand the pricing issue but would make a simple point...we have some of the very lowest price points in the entire Premiership. Randy has not fallen prey to the desire to raise prices like other clubs. Essentially, we have had the same pricing structure for 3 years. Has there been no inflation in the UK in 3 years? Does petrol cost as much today as it did 3 years ago...or a significant percentage point higher? We have cut prices for many games, given breaks to students...given breaks to members of the Forces...given breaks to youth. Having the ManU game at the current price should not "push the limits of fan loyalty"...certainly if all things are considered when thinking about loyalty.

2. I was traveling today and didn't see the game. All I have is the results. I wish I could comment on play, etc. but I can't. All I can say is that I am sad.

General Krulak here:

Having the ManU game at the current price should not "push the limits of fan loyalty"...certainly if all things are considered when thinking about loyalty.

Well said sir..

I think it's unfortunate that the generosity that Randy has shown to fans since he took over the club has become taken a bit for granted by some sections of the support. Your point about loyalty is a very valid one. Its a shame that, after free buses to Chelsea, frozen season ticket prices, cheaper than cheap season tickets in the North Stand, and the not insignificant gestures to students, armed forces and the local community, some fans expect the club to perpetually subsidise the supporters.

As an aside, whats your thinking General about the CIA destroying video tapes in the name of "protecting their agents identities"?

Gen

Blinking annoying today -very abject performance but hey, it's over now !!

Gen, my request is on behalf of a friend and costs no money.

At the back of the Holte is a lovely Victorian Clock, probably costing upwards of a thousand pound when it was put in..

However, the thing never tells the correct time - ever !!!. Today at kick off (1245pm) it said 1.20 !!.

Can somebody just put the thing right !! as my friend said - it would have been better buying a £1 digital clock from Poundstretcher - it would do the job better !!.

Football hey !! , why do we put ourselves through this year after year !!!

given breaks to students

Hi General,

Just wondered what breaks there are for students, can't find anything about it on the OS.

Is it just season ticket holders or is there a discount for 'normal' tickets?

Just wondered as I'm hoping to make my long awaited return to the stands for the game against Man City.

Hope your back's ok.

Thanks

Hi General.

A quick word on shirt printing at the club shop. The past few seasons (4 i think), season ticket holders have been given a voucher each that entitled them to free shirt printing.

I understand that we don't have he season ticket booklets this year so putting any vouchers with the season tickets would be hard, but it has meant that i have chosen not to have 'Agbonlahor 11' on the back of my shirt due to the hefty price!

Is there any chance that the vouchers could be brought back next season as it seemed to be quite popular. If that isn't possible then even if a set price of say £10 for any name & number in the squad would be good as it isn't our fault if the players name we wish to have on our shirts has a long name!

Cheers General, and keep up the good work :winkold:

Dave.

General Krulak here:

1. CIA destroying tapes: UNSATISFACTORY, especially since they were told, explicitly, not to do so. Someone is going to be in real trouble over this.

2. Will see if I can sort out the clock.

3. We provide reduced price tickets for students to many games. We go to school or university and provide them...as part of outreach to bring new "Villa Fans" into the family.

4. I have had the same question re. ST holders and printing on back of shirts. According to the folks in our store, we had "free printing" for S-T holders for one year...not several. We did not do it this year because, in fact, it was not something we normally did. I do know it was considered and not done for this year. I will see what folks think about the "max" price idea for a name...particularly the long ones.

General Krulak here:

4. I have had the same question re. ST holders and printing on back of shirts. According to the folks in our store, we had "free printing" for S-T holders for one year...not several. We did not do it this year because, in fact, it was not something we normally did. I do know it was considered and not done for this year. I will see what folks think about the "max" price idea for a name...particularly the long ones.

Just thought i'd let you know that when we did have the free shirt printing i bought both the home and the away shirts from the club shop and took advantage of this. However this year i have bought them elsewhere and paid over 10 quid less. Therefore it would suggest that the free shirt printing did its job in getting me to buy from the shop even though i was paying more.

Gen,

Went into the City Centre store today and it's very nicely done, much like the Nike Celtic shop in Glasgow. My only complaint is the lack of disabled access. I went in today with my girlfriend, who is a wheelchair user, and as there is no lift to enable us to go upstairs. Are there any plans to put one in?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Cheers General

And i'd like to say congratulations on the new season ticket cards, could really see the difference it makes on saturday, especially with everyone rushing in to keep dry.

Nice one mate,

We're lucky to have you

:flag:

Up the Villa

Dave.

General Krulak here:

1. I will depart for UK tomorrow evening...and will be at Villa Park from Wednesday-Saturday. Many of the issues that have been raised over the past few weeks will be on my agenda while at VP. I mention this to you because it is important that you all know that the comments you make on this site do, in fact, get before those who have a real "need to know."

2. Yes, we will be doing something to make our City Centre Store "friendly" for those who are disadvantaged in physical manner.

General

I am a little surprised that this has not been mentioned on here already but there was an incident at Saturdays game involving the Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp. In case you dont know, Mr Redknapp was recently questioned by police investigating alleged dodgy transfer dealings at Portsmouth. On Saturday Mr Redknapp was on the receiving end of some banter from the Holte End all of which was free from obscenities. The responsible, obviously innocent Mr Redknapp responded to the banter by making a hand gesture to the fans which brought derision from all sides especially those closest to him seated in the Trinity. At the post match conference he spoke of the Villa fans using words such as filth and scum, and his comments have led to reports calling us morons, hooligans etc I have no idea what those closest to Mr Redknapp said but there is no doubt that anything that was forthcoming was due to his actions and the gesture he made. And finally today a 'Villa spokesman' said they would be investigating the fans behaviour.

The club, and the FA, should be investigating the whole incident and Mr Redknapp's unacceptable actions not looking into the fans behaviour. We keep hearing how great the fans have been this season so why are the club not supporting us in this instance? In my opinion this man has rubbished the Villa fans and the club are letting him getting away with it.

Very disappointed,

Bully

Hi General,

I posted the below on the "Wigan away tickets" thread

I phoned the ticket office yesterday for 3 Wigan tickets, gave all my card details but was then told there was a problem with payments and to phone back today. I phoned back today to then be told that the Wigan game was sold out. I am very dis-appointed!

If anyone can help with any Wigan tickets please can you PM or e-mail me please! Thanks in advance!

I have been advised by another villa talk member to send an e-mail to Nicky Key, please could I have an e-mail address.

Thanks & UTV!