General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General krulak here:

1. I am afraid I have reached the stage of simply saying that we should "agree to disagree." MON has let his feelings be known. Randy has let his feelings be known. We have someone post a statement that unless MON makes an even more emphatic statement than he has made to date ("rubbish" and "I want to stay at Villa") that it "will destroy our Club". With that kind of negative statement, there is not much more I can say. I disagree!! I have provided my rationale on several occasions....I can do no more than that. MON is an honourable man and someone who I have faith in. I will let this play out and, hopefully, the majority of you will do the same.

General,

I agree with your sentiments, unfortunately situations like this one breed an uneasy feeling amongst all supporters.

No one has to explain to you what the fans had gone through over the past years, and the anticipation that we are finally heading in the right direction again, only fuels the uneasy feeling with regards to this situation.

As an Australian Villa supporter, I really don't care who coaches the English side, but I do hope it won't be Martin O'Neill.

Since this has started I have beleived that Martin will stay because of his life goals. No one doubts that it was his ambition to be Manager of England, and he turned down other management jobs to do so. When the FA decided to go in another direction, Martin realised that he may not achieve this goal, and went about setting a new one. That goal is to get the Villa back to the top again, and competing with the best teams in England and in Europe.

Martin to me seems the type of person who would not walk away from something he has started, let alone to not achieve the goals he has set himself. Relationships are important to him, and he doesn't want to let the club, supporters, Randy and people like yourself down. Yes we would all be supportive of that decision, and wish him well, it's a great opportunity. But I think Martin is a lot deeper than that, it's what makes him a tremendous Manager, and a man of integrity.

I know Martin will stay, it's an unfortunate by product however that fans are uneasy, because we don't want him to leave.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the great work General.

Please have patience with our negativity, but it is only from years and years of mistrust and let down. Some of us are maybe taking longer than others to realise that we really are 'living our dream'

Hi General,

I just want to say thank you for doing your best to ease the fans minds regarding MON and the England managers job. If the previous posters hadn't of asked then others would have so please don't be too offended by their persistence in asking.

I hope that you can see the positive out of all the "negativity" General! it is simply that Villa fans love Martin O'Neil and feel that he - along with Randy, yourself and the rest of the staff at the club - are doing a fanastic job.

We fans find it hard to trust after previous years of being lied to by the previous board and I plead with you to bear with us all because we are getting their! I think that MON is an honourable man and that he would want to finish what he started with Villa and we should all be proud to have such an intelligent man as our manager, it proves how good he is if the media and FA would prefer him as the next England manager!

All of this does prove one thing though - AVFC is in the hands of a very good management team! :D

Hi General,

You must be annoyed with persistant questions about england and such (i know i am) so i'll ask you a question totally unrelated so we can get back to what this board was actually meant for.

Does the board have plans to keep villa park as a venue for live music events? during the ellis regime on (very rare) occasion the stadium was used in this way and i found it most enjoyable to see artists perform there. it would be nice to see it used for this again in the future.

P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before

General a while ago I seem to remember seeing something which suggested that the club was going to change the way it granted access to the Holte pub on matchdays. I haven't seen anything since about this. Can you just clrify if the club are looking at changing this?

General Krulak here:

1. Opening the grounds to a concert or other event. This has been a subject of much discussion. The problem is obvious...the protection of the turf on the pitch. When this was done before, wooded sheeting was laid down as a protective cover. Unfortunately, there was still considerable damage done to the pitch. I do know that Richard Fitzgerald has been looking at this over time and will probably make a recommendation at some time in the future. At this moment in time, I do not know of any plans to host a concert.

2. The Holte Pub policy is being looked at but no decision has been made as to how to make it more "open". We have had many good suggestions from our fans and their thoughts are being factored into the possible solutions.

3. Regarding our global strategy. Like any "product", we need to ensure its popularity before we can expect revenue to come from a world-wide audience. We hope to do this in two major ways: 1) Ensure we have a consistent, winning squad on the Pitch. People want to back/see a winner. We understand this and are working hard to produce that portion of the "product." 2) Utilizing our relationship with Nike, we hope to demonstrate that the ancillary products are first rate and that our distribution capability is second to none. When all of this is accomplished, we hope to have a world-wide market that will accept all of our products...to include viewing the games.

General Krulak here:

3. Regarding our global strategy. Like any "product", we need to ensure its popularity before we can expect revenue to come from a world-wide audience. We hope to do this in two major ways: 1) Ensure we have a consistent, winning squad on the Pitch. People want to back/see a winner. We understand this and are working hard to produce that portion of the "product." 2) Utilizing our relationship with Nike, we hope to demonstrate that the ancillary products are first rate and that our distribution capability is second to none. When all of this is accomplished, we hope to have a world-wide market that will accept all of our products...to include viewing the games.

General,

Regarding point 3 of your post, would it be at all possible to arrange for some sort of live or delayed broadcast of full Villa games over the Internet for the foreign contingent of Villa fans not being able to subscribe to Setanta, Sky etc? I would imagine there is some sort of regulations regarding this set down by the owners of the broadcasting rights, but even delayed games would be a real treat since Villa in action is a hard to come by commodity.

General;

Are there any plans in the pipeline to bring the Browns over here for a preseason/in-season game in a similar style to the recent Jets/Giants clash? Would this be the decision of yourselves or the NFL commissioner etc? I'm guessing Villa Park would be your venue of choice for such a fixture if its in your hands?

On the reverse side of that coin, listening to Magnusson (West Ham chairman) saying he can see the Premier League copying this by playing games outside of the UK for purposes of a bigger audience, are you considering the possibility of doing this or do you feel that would alienate and upset the hardcore contingent of fans here?

Sorry if its been asked before, but there are 300+ pages of questions here and I'm really not able to sit and read them all!

General;

Are there any plans in the pipeline to bring the Browns over here for a preseason/in-season game in a similar style to the recent Jets/Giants clash? Would this be the decision of yourselves or the NFL commissioner etc? I'm guessing Villa Park would be your venue of choice for such a fixture if its in your hands?

On the reverse side of that coin, listening to Magnusson (West Ham chairman) saying he can see the Premier League copying this by playing games outside of the UK for purposes of a bigger audience, are you considering the possibility of doing this or do you feel that would alienate and upset the hardcore contingent of fans here?

Sorry if its been asked before, but there are 300+ pages of questions here and I'm really not able to sit and read them all!

Randy said he would not do that to the browns (or the Villa for that matter). I think he said something about it not being fair on the home fans who would normally go down to the game to have the game moved to another continent.

Gen

I am a happy bunny now - just got home and seen the MON press conference - THATS WHAT WE WANTED TO HEAR!!!

Interesting (presumably) little dig at the FA as well - "I was interviewed and obviously wasn't good enough, so why would they want me now" - very droll !!!!

With reference to the England thing on a different angle - a poster has said about American Footy at Villa Park - please no !!! - did you see the state of the Wembley pitch on Wednsesday - I've seen better on a school playing field.

Mind you , the yards still being burnt on the pitch made it easier to see how far Beckham was when he took the free kicks !!!

Happy, and just looking for the usual scoreline tomorrow !!

Paul

PS - if you are going - have a little dig at Southgate and all, they left our club to join a club who had never won anything as we "had no ambition and no future !!"

Randy said he would not do that to the browns (or the Villa for that matter). I think he said something about it not being fair on the home fans who would normally go down to the game to have the game moved to another continent.

Yeah he def said that about a regular season fixture. A preseason game would be interesting though!

Hi General,

Can i just say that you can please pass on thanks to MON for stating so early tat he's not interested in the England job. Save us fans weeks of fretting and specualtion. You can also pass on that i for one, and i'm sure there are many others here, that are very happy he's staying. With our current young players, things are looking bright indeed.

PS: Would you care to join a petition to make Steve McClaren the new Birmingham City manager?