General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General - Not sure if anyone has mentioned this so i apologise if you've had to answer this before but i've noticed that AVTV doesn't appear to work with firefox, obviously this isn't a major concern as it works fine on internet explorer but i just thought i'd bring it to your attention.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General - Not sure if anyone has mentioned this so i apologise if you've had to answer this before but i've noticed that AVTV doesn't appear to work with firefox, obviously this isn't a major concern as it works fine on internet explorer but i just thought i'd bring it to your attention.

I know this isn't a discussion thread, but I use AVTV in firefox ok.....

General bit of a moan coming up.. Just tried to buy a nice warm jacket for the winter from the Villa Direct shop, item number AV39693 in XL , only to be told its out of stock until February. Any chance you can try to hurry up the order ?? Bit cold up here as you can imagine !!

Cheers.

Kerms please. I am sure that the delay is not due to somebody sitting on their ass until Feb. As the General often says, chasing coats for you will not be in his remit.

General my question. What progress is being made abroad. After the summer tour to the US I half expected news of links with a team over here or the opeing of an Academy or 2. Other teams seem to moving in that direction to get their name ingrained in the public's mind.

General Krulak here:

1. Paint colour. I looked into this and believe it or not, the paint colour was "on purpose"...it was to "mimic" the dark background found on a historic Badge of years gone by. It WILL be repainted Claret soon. It is NOT an attention to detail issue....because I think we have been VERY attentive to detail. It was an issue of trying to bring a bit on history onto the Park that didn't work well.

2. We continue to look at marketing opportunities in the US but we are not going to jump into something just because others are doing it. Randy is a superb businessman and will pick and choose his opportunities.

3. We hope the training ground and equipment has helped....we know it helps bring the players back sooner.

4. Answer to when we are coming is above.

Hi General,

Very appreciative of what the club are doing to improve the atmosphere at Villa Park, but PLEASE can you bin the music played after we score? It is embarrasing and done by small time clubs, of which we are not.

Thanks.

Hi General,

Very appreciative of what the club are doing to improve the atmosphere at Villa Park, but PLEASE can you bin the music played after we score? It is embarrasing and done by small time clubs, of which we are not.

Thanks.

In case you missed it the first time ;)

It really is horrible.

As the starter of the thread entitled music after goals......NO NO NO I also have to add my name to the list of people saying bin it quick!!

Keep posting until we get a promise saying it will never happen again, and not one of those Martin O'Neill promises where they don't actually rule it out either! I want, nay I need a definate no or I may kill myself!

Just to be clear General, we like the new entrance music, that's cool. The only thing we don't like is the playing of music after a goal has been scored, it is a tad cheesy and it would need to stop or I think the world might end...

General,

Very proud of the boys today. A brilliant second half performance and I can't remember ever feeling this upbeat after a defeat before.

But just a quick comment re: away fans in the home end. I sit in the Trinity Rd stand and a few seats away from me today were two Arsenal fans. It was a man and his son, both were wearing Arsenal shirts and Arsenal scarves. They didn't cause any trouble, didn't even celebrate when they scored, they just went to enjoy the football. But it annoyed me that they obviously were allowed in the ground with no problems when they are clearly fans of the opposition, we wasn't to know what their intentions were, they could've been there to cause trouble with the Villa fans. But luckily for us, these two were well behaved throughout the game.

Just thought I'd let you know as I'd like to see our stewards start turning people away if they are quite clearly a fan of the opposition.

Sorry about the rant General, other than that I have nothing to complain about. Martin, Randy, yourself and the rest of the board have completely transformed this football club, and I can't thank you enough for that.

General,

Just to add to that, in the lower Doug Ellis there was a girl wearing an Arsenal home shirt, she was only young, (one of these new fangled teen-agers I suspect) and was with a family who were all obviously Villa fans.

A steward there politely informed the girl that she needed to put her coat on and do it up and she did just that.

No trouble, no rudeness, just very sensibly handled.

Well done to him.

we will always get the odd away fan in the home section, theres no way to stamp it out completely...

the cosmetic changes around the ground though small all add up and the place looks so much better than it did. Really happy with it and the railings seem the right colours to me so not sure which ones the bloke who was complaining about it being the wrong colour paint was looking at. Just wondering if there is anything youve got planned to beighten up the ground and its immediate surroundings?

we are moving forward at a fantastic pace both on and off the field. Are yourself and Randy slightly taken aback by how well we seem to be doing both on and off the field? were you always supremely confident we would be where we are now, or are we ahead of schedule in the 5 years plan? which area do you think we need to improve most, on the pitch or our commercial side off the pitch?

our reputation off the field has not been higher for some time. our manager and our players are being coveted by other teams and there fans. the press are starting to wake up to us and we are being talked about as one of the clubs best placed to challenge the top four. we have players in the england squad and having a full stadium most weeks. I dont think anyone expected such rapid and easily indentifiable progress in such a short space of time. Just wondered how yourself and randy view our progress. Whcih part of our recent revival has please you and randy the most?

General

Popped into the Holte Pub after the game with a few mates who had not been in before.

While it was a nice atmosphere the male toilets were a disgrace. The floor was flooded and no toilet roll in anywhere but the disabled toilet.

Are the toilets checked on an hourly basis like some other establishments?

Ta

Stu

General,

enjoyed the game today and very disappointed not to get something, but it says it all that we can play arsenal of the pitch in the 2nd half and we're not even the finished article yet, with possible signings in january and the summer! :D

although the club should be praised for trying new things, the music after scoring a goal was wrong!! were not bolton! but well done for at least trying, but for the love of god dont keep it!!

was great to see Randy with a villa scarf on though!