General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Incident at game: I do not think that the Club is "not supporting" the fans. At the end of the day, the first thing that needs to be done is to find out exactly what happened. That is what the Club is trying to accomplish. They are NOT just looking at fan behaviour. I can tell you that Randy and the Directors want the reputation of Aston Villa Football Club to be a sterling one...and that includes the fans. We want everyone to recognize us as a top flight football club across the spectrum. Away fans should be able to come to Villa Park and leave, win or lose, with a positive experience. We all need to realize that the actions of a very small minority can cause problems for the majority. Reacting or over-reacting is never a good thing. As we see on the Pitch, the "reaction" is what normally gets penalized.

2. I currently do not have a home in Birmingham...but stay at a hotel.

3. Nicky Keye reads this site daily...but she can be contacted by just calling AVFC and asking for her.

Hi General, hope all is well.

There is currently some concern over Curtis Davies' lack of appearance for the club and confusion over the status of his transfer.

For the sake of clarity are you able to confirm if either Curtis himself, West Brom or ourselves are able to pull out of the deal to make it permanent or if this will go ahead regardless of any desire by any party to cancel the deal.

Many thanks,

Grant.

Grant whilst I understand yours and others frustrations a quick search back through this thread shows the General saying:

General Krulak here:

1. PLEASE..................Richard does not have ANYTHING to do with player signings. JUST LIKE ME!!! A "smile" about a "particular forward" means absolutely NOTHING...zero, zed!!! Confirming "top class signings" is NOT confirming anything. PLEASE...let's not get into this again. Richard is like you...or like me...he is a HUGE Villa Fan and wants the VERY BEST for the Club. BUT, we all must realize that he does not have anything to do with player selection. As I have said time and time and time and time again, "players are the remit of MON with Randy in support." We got ourselves in a turmoil over the same sort of thing just a short while ago. PLEASE listen to what I have to say...MON and MON ALONE (with his coaches/scouts) make the player calls...and Randy supports. Richard, the General, Bob Kain, etc. etc. have nothing to do with players and have NO INSIDE INFO!!!!! If any of us did, we would be foolish to say anything lest we harmed the transfer effort. BUT WE DON'T!!!!

Which I would still take to mean that he, The General, will not be party to the details required to answer your query and to be honest I'm happy for that to remain the case.

I'm not so sure that applies to be honest Al. All i'm after is confirmation the deal is set in stone or otherwise which i'm pretty sure the General could find out easily enough if he doesnt know off the top of the head.

Whilst i feel it should be clarified, i do appreciate that releasing these details could potentially be unsettling in some way. So if The General declines to comment, i would understand why.

edit - To clarify, i was actually hoping the answer would be that it was set in stone, just so that it simplifies the issue and we can speak about him as our own player. At the moment with his lack of appearences and uncertainty if the deal has to go ahead, i havent really accepted he's our player yet, well beyond a loan anyway.

General Krulak here:

1. Incident at game: I do not think that the Club is "not supporting" the fans. At the end of the day, the first thing that needs to be done is to find out exactly what happened. That is what the Club is trying to accomplish. They are NOT just looking at fan behaviour. I can tell you that Randy and the Directors want the reputation of Aston Villa Football Club to be a sterling one...and that includes the fans. We want everyone to recognize us as a top flight football club across the spectrum. Away fans should be able to come to Villa Park and leave, win or lose, with a positive experience. We all need to realize that the actions of a very small minority can cause problems for the majority. Reacting or over-reacting is never a good thing. As we see on the Pitch, the "reaction" is what normally gets penalized.

I agree General, hence my frustration that Harry Redknapp has bad mouthed the Villa fans in order to save his own tarnished reputation at our expense and it seems he has got away with it.

Anyway, safe journey and if you haven't left already, pack your thermals it's getting cold over here.

General Krulak here:

then you can add this to your investigation and hopefully, the subsequent complaint to the fa/police about that hypocrite redknapps incitement of the crowd...

01_Redknapp_180x250_401930a.jpg

General,

During your investigation into this so-called offender I think it should also be taken into consideration what is currently happening allegedly with Mr Redknapp and his extra-curricular activities and thus the old political and army tactic of creating a diversion to take peoples minds off what is really happening. It's quite clear to me that Mr Redknapp, to divert people from his crowd incitement, has done just that.

Throw the bloody book at him I say!

PS. Can I be the first to wish yourself, Randy, and everyone a merry christmas!

General, in Harry Redknapps defence i dont see why he shouldnt be allowed to engage in a bit of banter with the crowd. If people are big enough to chant about his alleged private life surely they should be big enough to accept his response to the crowd, which is now being banded as incitement. What were your views of the chanting, do you think we took it to far and made it to personal. Im sure i can remember you commenting that Randy wasnt keen on the swearing etc, has he expressed a view. Finally how would you react to a crowd chanting about yourself, would you react in a similar manner or simply ignore. As you become better know around the grounds i dare say it is something you may encounter.

General, in Harry Redknapps defence i dont see why he shouldnt be allowed to engage in a bit of banter with the crowd. If people are big enough to chant about his alleged private life surely they should be big enough to accept his response to the crowd, which is now being banded as incitement. What were your views of the chanting, do you think we took it to far and made it to personal. Im sure i can remember you commenting that Randy wasnt keen on the swearing etc, has he expressed a view. Finally how would you react to a crowd chanting about yourself, would you react in a similar manner or simply ignore. As you become better know around the grounds i dare say it is something you may encounter.

I know this is the General's thread, I am sure the general would agree banter is fine but then don't go and complain to the press or FA about behavoir of villa fans when it was he who was giving the finger as seen on the page before. So your defence of Mr. Redknapp is unwarrented and undeserved, it is he who should be investigated by the FA, and Villa should push for this, as I know you are doing General, Sir.

I know this is the General's thread, I am sure the general would agree banter is fine but then don't go and complain to the press or FA about behavoir of villa fans when it was he who was giving the finger as seen on the page before. So your defence of Mr. Redknapp is unwarrented and undeserved, it is he who should be investigated by the FA, and Villa should push for this, as I know you are doing General, Sir.

dont really want to start a discussion in the generals thread but would still be interested in his answer. He has commented previously on swearing at games and the behaviour of our fans and wondered how he viewed what we percieved to be crowd banter and how he would react to it. I also wanted to display my OPINION as a villa fan that i was not in the slightest bit offended by Harry Redknapps response to 30000 villa fans chanting that he would be "raped/bummed in the showers".