FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Yeah does anyone have any suggestions for the best 3.5*/4*/4.5* teams?

I was liking Udinese for 4* but I seem to have peaked with them. Play 3-5-1-1 with 2 good quick forwards, Muriel and Di Natale.

Edited by fightoffyour

Yeah does anyone have any suggestions for the best 3.5*/4*/4.5* teams?

I was liking Udinese for 4* but I seem to have peaked with them. Play 3-5-1-1 with 2 good quick forwards, Muriel and Di Natale.

4.5* Spurs

Quick question on the Career mode, when you see that a player has 1 year left on his contract, are you able to get them on the cheap or do they have to have less than a year left on the contract? If they have to have less than a year, is there an easy way of finding them? I can never seem to get a bargain, always have to pay the asking price or more.

Once players are within 1 year and 6 months of their contract expiring you'll start to see the "we could get this player on the cheap" message when you go to make a bid.  Do note that although it is possible to get expiring players as cheap as half their value (or at least under their value most of the time) you will still have occasions when the selling club simply won't sell below market value (or very close to it).  There is no way of specifically searching for players by contract date, but each player's purchase screen will always show how long they've got left to run so say you find a player you want to buy, you see on their info screen that they've got 2 years to run as of the start of the season; what you could do is shortlist that player and go back to them in January, you should then see the "we could get this player on the cheap" dialogue and you can start bidding on the cheap.

When bidding for expiring players, I tend to start at half their market value and up my bid in increments of £500k until the selling club acquiesces.  What you might find useful is throwing your own players in the deal in exchange.  This serves the dual purpose of getting the player you want whilst getting rid of deadwood; I constantly have players that I put on the transfer list and I either don't get any bids for them or they can't agree terms with a prospective buyer and have found that when you offer players in part exchange, the game skips over the contract negotiation between the player being traded away and their new club (so even if your unwanted player has rejected terms everywhere else, as soon as the contract with the player you're buying is agreed then your deadwood player will be automatically **** off with no problems).  Of course, the selling club isn't always interested in the player you're offering in exchange so you'll have to bear that in mind too.

One last thing, I found a interesting loophole in the youth academy last night.  I was running an Anderlecht career and had also taken charge of the Belgian national team.  I'd been scouting youth prospects for Anderlecht for a couple of seasons and built up a fairly stocked academy, with two players in particular in the "current 67-71/potential 84-91" bracket.  Their names were Wesley Benteke (for realsies) and Thomas Van Loo.  I went to the squad submission screen for the national team and started flicking through all the Belgian players available.  I got down to the 70-rated players and lo and behold, there I found both Van Loo and Benteke.  Apparently, once players reach the age where you can promote them from your youth team (either 16 or 17 if I remember rightly) they're also made available for national selection, regardless of whether or not you've promoted them to your first team.  The upshot is I don't have to guess at what rating between the stated 67-71 bracket said players will be if I promote them, I can simply look up their rating through the national squad.  Could even give them international debuts in a friendly, see how good they are hands-on.

Edited by GarethRDR

New definition of annoying: 2-0 up online on FIFA 12 in the 87th minute, my (admittedly deeply unreliable) internet connection cuts out, resulting in a loss. Log back on, 3-0 up in the 85th minute, connection cuts out again.

End result: 5 goals scored, 0 conceded. Points gained - 0.

• 4 weeks later...

Acheived my money hoarding goal with Villa.  Up to season 5 and ~£120m in the bank.  This has been helped by such hilarity as buying Yala Bolasie for a cut-price £2m in August, selling him to Udinese for £12m in January, then buying him back next January for £3m.  Thanks Udinese!

Got Neymar for £30m. Probably the best striker to use on the game along with Messi and Lukaku. One season later he forces a move away which i could do nothing about. Got £84m for him, but i kinda feel like i'd rather have the player rather than the money.

Acheived my money hoarding goal with Villa.  Up to season 5 and ~£120m in the bank.  This has been helped by such hilarity as buying Yala Bolasie for a cut-price £2m in August, selling him to Udinese for £12m in January, then buying him back next January for £3m.  Thanks Udinese!

I didn't realise that any money not spent in a season could be carried over to the next one. Nice work.

I've been doing a Career with myself as a player, rather than a managerial one.  I'm halfway through my second season and am at January 9th for a matchday.  Click on Advance to go to the match and my whole X-Box freezes.

Feel I've lost out on hours and hours of effort here.  Gutted.

I've been finding some absolute gems on the free agent list in my career mode, got 2 CBs in one transfer window, roughly 20-21 years old and both 80ish rating. They're both now worth over £25m each after only 1 and a half seasons. Definitely recommend checking it out every transfer window for bargains.

I've been finding some absolute gems on the free agent list in my career mode, got 2 CBs in one transfer window, roughly 20-21 years old and both 80ish rating. They're both now worth over £25m each after only 1 and a half seasons. Definitely recommend checking it out every transfer window for bargains.

Same here. Found a CB with "has that special something" title. He's got 88 acceleration and 91 strength. I think every season the list resets and you have the potential to find some real gems. 

Â