FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Took a couple weeks break from the game and first game back made me want to quit. My opponent fouls my defender in my box, he goes down and stays down. I kicked the ball up field and get a chance. Opponent quickly counters and I see 3 of his players behind my last defender by at least 5-10 yards. He plays a through ball to them and I obviously just say well that is an obvious offside. Nope my defender is still hurt in my own box so those 3 players are all onside. He easy scores the goal and I ended up losing the game by 1 goal. 

Another game my opponent kicks the ball too deep into my end. The ball is bouncing towards the flag and my keeper goes charging out for it without me pushing any button. I didn't really care because there was absolutely no pressure on my keeper so I could have easily passed it out of the back. Nope, my keeper kicks the ball for some reason and he falls down doing it. The ball goes right into the center of the pitch; probably 30 yards away from my open net. The ball falls directly to my opponents player and he just hits it into an open net. I quit playing after that. 

Got a bit bored of Ultimate Team and started playing career mode, but I keep getting a problem that's driving me up the wall.  Sometimes, usually when I go to the start menu during a game but occasionally in the career mode main menu, my controller simply stops responding.  I can press the Xbox button in the menu to bring up the console menu and sign out/go to the home page, etc., but nothing in the game actually works.  It doesn't appear to have frozen because everything's still moving, and if I disconnect my controller and re-connect (or add another one) it takes me to the 'select sides' menu but I can't then move from the middle to control either team (neither can I advance at all).

Was thrashing Fulham just now, playing my best game so far, and it's done it again.  Probably the fifth or sixth time it's happened now.  Absolutely infuriating - has anyone else suffered from this?  Even better, is there anything I've not tried that I can do to avoid exiting the game without saving?

Edit: seems like I'm not the only one with the problem, and - surprise, surprise - it's existed since release and EA haven't fixed it.  There are some videos of the bug on Youtube, such as

and

EA have made another brilliant game but, typically, can't seem to sort out half of the bugs.  It's really **** annoying - I don't get much time to sit down and play games, and lately I'm having to play the same ones over and over.  :bang:

Yup, have had that numerous times.  The only "solution" I recommend is to make sure your saving quite regularly.  I find this is about enough...

• at least once per calender month when simming games.
  • before and after any played games.
  • start of the transfer window.
  • immediately after any player signings and sales.
  • start of transfer deadline day.
  • close of the transfer window.

That should minimise what you lose if/when it crashes.

Been doing well in the transfer market on my Career mode recently, bought Wellington Nem for £10m then sell him the season after for £25m, bought Wilfried Bony for £9m and then sell him the season after for £20m! So I've bought a couple of young Brazilians Willian Jose and Ribeiro Cardoso (don't know if he exists in real life or is from the youth setup thing) and hoping to make a killing of these two next season.

Yup, have had that numerous times.  The only "solution" I recommend is to make sure your saving quite regularly.  I find this is about enough...

• at least once per calender month when simming games.
  • before and after any played games.
  • start of the transfer window.
  • immediately after any player signings and sales.
  • start of transfer deadline day.
  • close of the transfer window.

That should minimise what you lose if/when it crashes.

Cheers Gareth.  That's basically what I'm doing now, so it causes as little disruption as possible.  I was doing most of it before, it just pissed me off even more because I was having a really good game the last time it happened, during the latter stages of said match.

Oh, and despite your help, you should be hanged for your misspelling of 'you're'.  I expect much better from you, young man.

Cheers Gareth.  That's basically what I'm doing now, so it causes as little disruption as possible.  I was doing most of it before, it just pissed me off even more because I was having a really good game the last time it happened, during the latter stages of said match.

Oh, and despite your help, you should be hanged for your misspelling of 'you're'.  I expect much better from you, young man.

Naturally, I will commit suicide immediately.

Career mode question coming up...

Im all for setting up scouting networks and having a youth squad full of potential superstars, but how do i get these players up to the 80s and 90s? I try to give them game time, but its not seeming to improve them much? If i put them out on loan does that make a big difference?

Im in my third season now and seeing next to zero progrss. Help!

Im all for setting up scouting networks and having a youth squad full of potential superstars, but how do i get these players up to the 80s and 90s? I try to give them game time, but its not seeming to improve them much? If i put them out on loan does that make a big difference?

Yes, send them out on loan that will make a big differnce.

Yes, send them out on loan that will make a big differnce.

Brilliant! Cheers mate! Bayern Munich have just loaned my youth striker, (im BvB). Im greatly appreciative of my biggest rivals enhancing one of my players. Very kind of them.

I'm actually enjoying career mode for the first time in years. I think the transfer system and the player growth has improved alot. I seem to get satisfaction in finding these wonder kid players with value of £1m+ and gettting them on the cheap as their contract is running out.

At least it's realistic. Villa have been on the out of form teams list every week for a while now. 

Ultimate team is a bit of a pain. I like to get as many trophies/achievements as I possibly can. I've got 95% trophies for this game now but ultimate team is standing in the way of me and another platinum! Getting your ultimate team value to 85 million is one hell of a grind. I'm upto around 50 million at the moment and it's taking the piss. Bearing in mind I don't like to put my real money into it to buy Fifa points or packs. I never get anyone decent in packs anyway! Which makes it even more annoying when my mates get quality players. I mentioned in here before that my mate got Ronaldo and sold him for over a million coins! The best player I've ever had in a pack was Portugal midfielder Danny who is an 83 overall and is so common people sell him for less than 1,000 coins. I have no luck on ultimate team whatsoever. 

Â