FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Got pasted by some Leeds fan on FUT last night.  His team was -

Casillas

RightBack, Ramos, Mascherano, Coentrao,

Iniesta, Xavi, IF Fabregas,

Messi,

Benzema, Higuain

Must be the most expensive team I've ever played against.  First time I've faced Messi.  He was incredible.

The guy generally wasn't very good and I snatched at a load of chances at 0-0 and 0-1.  Went on the attack second half, foolishly, and he just picked me off.

I had a similar team at one point; Messi aside, in fact, I'd say it was stronger.  However, Messi's ridiculously expensive and I don't think I'd ever be able to afford him.

Haven't played Ultimate Team in two or three weeks now, either.  Getting into my career mode with Villa and am approaching the end of my second season.  Used up two of the three financial takeover items in the EA catalogue, though!

Nice.  I remember on one of the old Adidas Power Soccer games there was almost an exact formula for scoring directly from a corner every single time.

Not the greatest game, was Adidas Power Soccer.

That Be the player thing is pretty funky.. why did I wait this long to try it :) And why did it default me to arsenal?! and why does my career mode team have a northampton town badge :S

Did you select which team you support when you first got the game? If not which I presume you have done,it just selects the team which appears on the screen originally which is Arsenal.

Edited by Avfc96

I do love how easy it can be to make money in this year's game.  I took charge of Bologna having jumped ship from Pescara in January (I was failing miserably to fight relegation and was bottom of the league at the time, so yeah, I ran like a coward).  Bologna have **** all money, all their best players are either over the hill and slowly getting worse or only there on loan so there's no way to improve the team to any considerable degree.  In comes a transfer request from £11.5m-valued (lolwut) Alessandro Diamanti, followed by interest from Real Madrid (again, lolwut).  Talked them up to £22m, they go for it and I've got enough cash for a decent goalkeeper, two quality strikers, four full-backs (two decent ones, two prospects) and one good centre back.  Didn't have much change from that, but suddenly I've a half-decent team.  The next season, one of the aforementioned strikers (Manolo Gabbiadini) finishes second top-scorer in the league, his value goes up to £11m (think I paid ~£5m for him initially) and Chelsea want him.  I talked them up to £20m, then replaced him with Samuel Longo and Fabio Borini (both of which are younger than Gabbiadini and only rated two points lower than him) for £6.5m and £6m respectively (neither Inter nor Liverpool had them as anything more than squad rotation).

tumblr_me6xfjO1OQ1rkctppo1_250.gif

That Be the player thing is pretty funky.. why did I wait this long to try it :) And why did it default me to arsenal?! and why does my career mode team have a northampton town badge :S

Did you select which team you support when you first got the game? If not which I presume you have done,it just selects the team which appears on the screen originally which is Arsenal.

Yes mate. It's been Villa since I first starting playing Fifa and my Fifa 13 is definitely set to Villa as I keep getting reminded about where we are in the fan league or whatever it's called. I have flicked the controller and wound up with arsenal.. So I chose a forward and got busy :) probably why it's easier now

I do love how easy it can be to make money in this year's game.  I took charge of Bologna having jumped ship from Pescara in January (I was failing miserably to fight relegation and was bottom of the league at the time, so yeah, I ran like a coward).  Bologna have **** all money, all their best players are either over the hill and slowly getting worse or only there on loan so there's no way to improve the team to any considerable degree.  In comes a transfer request from £11.5m-valued (lolwut) Alessandro Diamanti, followed by interest from Real Madrid (again, lolwut).  Talked them up to £22m, they go for it and I've got enough cash for a decent goalkeeper, two quality strikers, four full-backs (two decent ones, two prospects) and one good centre back.  Didn't have much change from that, but suddenly I've a half-decent team.  The next season, one of the aforementioned strikers (Manolo Gabbiadini) finishes second top-scorer in the league, his value goes up to £11m (think I paid ~£5m for him initially) and Chelsea want him.  I talked them up to £20m, then replaced him with Samuel Longo and Fabio Borini (both of which are younger than Gabbiadini and only rated two points lower than him) for £6.5m and £6m respectively (neither Inter nor Liverpool had them as anything more than squad rotation).

tumblr_me6xfjO1OQ1rkctppo1_250.gif

I love shit like that. Also love finding good players with 1 year left on their contract. You know you're getting them for half the value, easy money. I got Yassine Benzia for £500k(half his value). Already gone up 4 attribute points in half a season and is worth over double what i paid.

Edited by Daniel

Bargain basement!  I think Benzia gets really good, as well.  Like, 85+ good.  Expiring contracts are a licence to print money.  Might set myself some sort of hoarding challenge, maybe try and get to a point where I've got £100m in the bank or something.  I've saved up to £60m before, 4 seasons into an old Villa campaign.

Has anyone noticed (post-recent squad update) that certain goalkeepers seem to be getting a ridiculous amount of growth?  I've seen both Newcastle reserve 'keeper Rob Elliott and 1.FC Nürnberg reserve 'keeper Alex Stephan go up to 89 from the mid 60's in the space of about two seasons!  :blink: 

Edited by GarethRDR

Just changed my FUT formation to the dirty 5-2-2-1.  Playing counter attack and defensive.  Winning way more than I'm losing.

Gone for a BPL side with Lloris, Maicon, Cole, IF Koscielny, Kompany, Kaboul, Touré, Gerrard, Nani, Agüero and then I'm struggling for my RF so have Hulk in there.  Had Walcott but I wasn't getting much out of him.  Dunno who else from the Prem could do a job for me there.

Just changed my FUT formation to the dirty 5-2-2-1.  Playing counter attack and defensive.  Winning way more than I'm losing.

Gone for a BPL side with Lloris, Maicon, Cole, IF Koscielny, Kompany, Kaboul, Touré, Gerrard, Nani, Agüero and then I'm struggling for my RF so have Hulk in there.  Had Walcott but I wasn't getting much out of him.  Dunno who else from the Prem could do a job for me there.

I won Division 1 finally with my Bundesliga team (mainly Dortmund) playing that formation.

I won Division 1 with a 3-5-2 but then started getting caned by everybody.  It was weird.  Got relegated in 3 seasons!  It was like mid-80s Villa!

Been thinking about a La Liga 5-2-2-1.  I had a go at a 3-5-2 with them but it wasn't any good.  I had a 3-5-2 Russian League team for a while too, which was great fun.  The midfield and attackers were really fast - Welliton, Eto'o, Hulk, Sanchez, Honda.  The defence was crap though so I scrubbed it.

Instead of going 5-2-2-1 I'd just play Seasons instead.

It's where real football is at, not the 100MPH bullshit. I know UT is good fun in some ways but the actual matches you play with your team ruin the game, for me anyway. It's also much more satisfying winning when you don't have 5 defenders.

Â