FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Yeah i tend to save it for late goals, or if I've come from behind.

I never resort to watching all the replays and doing dick things like that. But if they're doing that then the celebrations are excessive.

If you're playing with a group online, then multiple "shhhhh" s to the camera is hilarious.

It's super rare that I watch replays. And yup, you can't beat a good, late 'shush your mouth' celebration after your opponent has run all over the place for ages doing some stupid arm-swinging or dancing celebration after equalising/previously going ahead against you. Otherwise, I don't really bother, and just skip through everything. I do sometimes wonder if it gets noted when I score an awesome goal early on and skip through everything immediately. I like to imagine my opponent sitting there, with brown-stained pants, worried that I'm some kind of FIFA God who scores sublime goals as often as I breathe. In my mind, they will subsequently become a mental wreck, trembling in fear of what is about to be unleashed upon them for ninety destructive virtual minutes. In reality, that won't be the case at all, but for a little while, I feel special.

I think my most satisfying celebrations were when I played someone in a cup final a couple of weeks ago. They went 1-0 up after two minutes and really milked the celebration. They scored again within five minutes, and I briefly considered quitting (others have mentioned that if you quit within 5 minutes it doesn't register, due to lag issues etc - this makes sense as plenty of people have quit when I've scored an early goal against them, but I vowed never to do it myself!) Again, they celebrated for as long as possible, and watched all the replays. The guy had a typically horrible pace-whore team, too. I went on to smash him all over, winning 5-2, and rubbing it in at every opportunity. Wonderful stuff.

I reserve the paritcularly dickhish ways for people who play with 5-2-3 and just abuse pace on the wings.

Started using Fiorentina on seasons, lots of good passing technical types and whenever the game updates again they'll have Rossi in the team. Excellent

Does anyone have the patience to play career mode as a player? I played it for the first time in ages earlier and I forgot just how annoying it is when both teams constantly make substitution after substitution in the second half of games. I just want to play the game! Really annoying.

Just sold my entire UT and got 180k, which was less than I thought but I quick auctioned everything, so that's probably why.

Spunked it all on gold packs for one last try at getting Messi, and all I got was Santi Carzorla and a load of trash. Just about sums a horrible game mode up. Good riddance

You picked a terrible time to sell cards, in fairness! The market is really bad at the moment as people have been buying all the super-mega-jumbo-massive packs, trying to get TOTY (and, to a lesser extent, TOTW) players and then selling pretty much everyone they don't want, after already selling players to fund them buying such packs. Thus, the market is pretty saturated. Also, upgraded player cards are due sometime soon so buyers generally aren't willing to pay as much as they were for some current cards, in case an upgraded version is released.

I don't really understand the complaints about FUT as a system. Some people that play it, fair enough, but it's an excellent game mode, imo. Yes, it makes EA a lot of money, but you really don't have to spunk loads of cash on it to build up a decent team; it just takes a little while to build up a decent pot of coins to start with. As for not getting anything in packs, it's just luck, really. You can't expect to get awesome players every time you get a pack - it would suck if this happened.

I don't really understand the complaints about FUT as a system. Some people that play it, fair enough, but it's an excellent game mode, imo. Yes, it makes EA a lot of money, but you really don't have to spunk loads of cash on it to build up a decent team; it just takes a little while to build up a decent pot of coins to start with. As for not getting anything in packs, it's just luck, really. You can't expect to get awesome players every time you get a pack - it would suck if this happened.

It's the gameplay for me, slow it down, make it exactly the same as seasons and i'd play it all the time, but your AI is made retarded, teams are just littered with the quickest in every position and with the way your team move (constantly attacking when you have the ball) it makes it difficult to play with any form of tactics or sense.

I prefer the quicker gameplay. That might be because I've not really played much on Seasons, but when I do, it feels slow and heavy to me - I like the pace of Ultimate Team games. So, in that respect, I think it's just down to which mode you're used to. On Fifa 12, I played much more on Seasons, but still liked to occasionally play Ultimate Team for a change.

It is more difficult to play tactically on Ultimate Team, and pace is a must, but you still have to have a lot of sense and a strong idea of what you want to do and how to combat your opponents. I've won many games after going behind, sometimes by two or three goals, but then working out how best to play against the competitor.

That said, I do agree that an Ultimate Team played at normal game speed would be very interesting.

I have played a lot of UT and I have to agree that it is too fast. I was getting sick and tired of playing people who just out sprint my defenders and score. I have taken a break from UT because I was just getting too frustrated while playing. Every game it was the same thing over and over again. It was like I was playing the same team every time.

I loved FUT 12 but FUT 13 is different for me, I can't get used to it and seem to get beat all the time. Maybe it's because of the league format so you are guaranteed to play good players when you are in Div 1 unlike last year where you are mixed in with some numpties. So now I just play Seasons and Career mode. Plus the novelty of opening packs has worn off for me now, which was the best thing about it for me.

Does anyone have the patience to play career mode as a player? I played it for the first time in ages earlier and I forgot just how annoying it is when both teams constantly make substitution after substitution in the second half of games. I just want to play the game! Really annoying.

I played 1 match on legendary difficulty but it became boring quickly, Manager Mode had me hooked for a while when the game first came out, but it started to become too repetitive after a couple of seasons.

Edited by Daniel1Avfc

Â