FIFA 13

GarethRDR

I agree.  I initially started as a n00b building a proper team and was getting whooped all the time.  I've eventually had to build a speedy team just to be able to compete.

I built a new team on Sunday night in the first 4-1-2-1-2 I've tried and so far it has been really good for me.

IF Klose      Di Natale

IF Montolivo

Vargas                                            Pepe

Pirlo

IF Lulic, Chiellini, TOTS Benatia, Caceres

Buffon

It's a quick backline (but not compromising pace for other qualities so no Abate at RB) and one quick striker.  I've not got the fastest wingers I could have either (no Biabany or El Sharaawy) as I want the right balance of ability and work rates etc (these seem really important).

I spanked a few people last night for the first time in ages and was playing proper football.  I've even got Pirlo instead of Vidal at CDM!

I've been using Barcelona tactics in this formation too and it's good as people are always available for a pass.  Biggest decision now if Muriel or Di Natale as the speedster up top.

Why have contract prices jumped so much on UT? I was picking up gold rare contracts for around 400 coins but now they are at least going for 800. I see some going for over 900. How can players afford to be nearly paying 1000 coins on contracts?! I have been selling my players when they get low on contracts and buying the same player that has more contracts. That way I don't have to pay those ridiculous prices but it is such a hassle. 

Luckily I consistently have been winning the first division on seasons so I get a premium pack that normally comes with a few contracts but never any good players. 

I keep getting battered by people with high pressure and aggression.  Before I even get the ball someone has nipped in and beaten my player to it.

I've tried everything to counter it but can't so - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  Anybody know how to set the team up so that I am constantly all over the opposition like that?

I got a TOTS Petr Cech and I swear he is probably the worst keeper I have ever used. Gives up tons of soft goals especially late game. Twice he has actually dove before the shot was taken late game. I might sell him because I am sick and tired of giving up easy goals. 

I played a game on UT against a YouTuber in a livestream the other day. I shit myself when I realised who it was cause I knew i'd be playing in front of about 4/5k viewers live.   :lol:

Link is here, starts at 7:15 http://www.twitch.tv/bateson87hd/b/423126816

This is my team: 

b929b65cde7269597e1555fea347e3e0.png

Edited by adz.villa
  • Like 1

I played a game on UT against a YouTuber in a livestream the other day. I shit myself when I realised who it was cause I knew i'd be playing in front of about 4/5k viewers live.   :lol:

Link is here, starts at 7:15 http://www.twitch.tv/bateson87hd/b/423126816

This is my team: 

b929b65cde7269597e1555fea347e3e0.png

How'd you get a team like that? O.o

A mix of trading and getting lucky in packs I guess. I've got Robben in packs twice and Ribery once. I sold the three for a combined 900k, although that was a while ago. 

Trading is a piece of piss when you find the right method. My main one was buying 4-1-2-1-2 Barzagli's for cheap on open bids and selling for a profit each time, but that doesn't work any more cause of the market crash. I can't be arsed doing it anymore though so I have no coins left other than the ones tied up in this team.

Edited by adz.villa

I spend money on things I enjoy, what can I say. :mrgreen:  I've spent about £60-£80 worth on packs overall I would say, the rest with coins. Annoyingly, I've only ever got anything decent in packs I've bought with coins. :bang:  

I mainly trade and make coins and just sell them off on Ebay. UT must make EA **** loads with the amount of people buying points for packs. It's also made me loads from selling coins on Ebay :D

My current team:

fifa_zpsd11e0a31.png

I still have 120,000 coins and I don't know what I want to do. I was tempted to save up for a tots Cazorla but I have had terrible experiences with tots players. Like tots petr cech cost me matches, tots Farfan couldn't do anything right, tots n'Koulou was always fumbling with the ball at his feet, and tots Cavani couldn't score a goal ever no matter how many chances I gave him. 

I am tempted just to list the coins on ebay.

Played some arrogant prick just now. His whole team was tots players including Ibrohimovic, Ronaldo, Messi, Thiago Silva, and Ramos. First I wondered how the hell can anyone even get a team this expensive but I obviously played. I scored 2 early goals but then he went ultra attacking and destroyed my back line with pace and scored 4 goals all before half. Every time he scored he was shushing me, doing the hand to the ear, and making me watch all the replays even though I never once did that. Then once he was winning 4-2 he goes ultra defensive and just passes it around the back in the 1st half! 2nd half starts and he continues to pass and be cocky with his keeper by juggling it and doing skill moves. I was extremely angry that a guy with that good of a team has to play cheap. I get the ball and score one goal. Then I manage to score another to tie it. He goes ultra attacking and I catch him on the counter to take the lead. Same thing he sprints forward and I score again. I then start passing it around the back so he knows how it feels and he gets on his mic and starts cursing at me. Says I am so lucky and someone as good as him should not be losing to me. He says I am "**** pathetic" because I was passing it around the back. I just kept laughing and won 6-4. 

Edited by Czechlad

Yeah, soak it up, it's glorious when you piss off a prick.

I'd like to fire up FUT again.  I sold my team then flogged all but about 160k of my coins on eBay.  I'd like to spend that on a relatively cheap team so I can play, but I don't because every time I play online it seems to wipe all my custom formations that I use in career mode, which I play more regularly now.  Very annoying.

Yeah, soak it up, it's glorious when you piss off a prick.

I'd like to fire up FUT again.  I sold my team then flogged all but about 160k of my coins on eBay.  I'd like to spend that on a relatively cheap team so I can play, but I don't because every time I play online it seems to wipe all my custom formations that I use in career mode, which I play more regularly now.  Very annoying.

You can make a very good premier league team with 160k. My back up squad cost me about 20k and I rarely lose with them. 

Â