Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would be forced into making a transfer when we're on the other side of the bloody world. It aint going to happen before the Feyenoord "deadline" Villa have other things going on at the moment.

Something fishy is going on here.....

Why are Feyenoord so keen to sell him?

Lambert always from the start of this said it was just a chat. This transfer has always been pushed from the Feyenoord/Vlaar side.

Also how does his Agent know that we have to sell players first when one of Feyenoord and his agent's gripes were that we had not been in contact at all?

Just seems odd.

For the millionth time.

Feyenoord do not want to sell Vlaar! Feyenoord want to keep Vlaar. They have tried to extend his contract recently but then Villa came in.

Vlaar has a release clause in his contract which means Feyenoord cannot reject a 4 million bid coming in.

When Vlaar made it clear that he would like to join Villa, Feyenoord obviously wanted to have a decision asap with Champions League games coming up soon (whichever way it goes)

Feyenoord's Managing Director said the following yesterday in this clip (3min33)

´´When a player from the Eredivisie can make a step up to the Premier League it´s near to impossible to keep the player´´

´´I think the way Aston Villa conducted themselves towards Ron Vlaar in this transfer is inappropiate. They invited him over, showed him the stadium and gave Ron an exciting feeling about moving there''

''It seems logical to me that when you invite a player on Sunday and promise to get in touch, you get in touch. Martin van Geel (technical director) and myself haven't heard anything from Villa. I believe that that is very inappropiate for a club of that stature''

''On the other hand, and we have said this many times. The club Feyenoord is stronger with the human and footballer Vlaar, than without. It's unfortunate that this has been a week where we've been living in insecurity and we haven't been able to as much as we would've liked''

I know what you are saying Feyenoord. I just don't believe it.

Feyenoord do not need to comment as much as they have. And why inform people that he has a clause? Seems they are fishing for more interest.

Just don't understand their need to comment so much and keep the transfer in the public domain.

Genuinely I have never seen a club comment so much on the potential sale of their 'prized asset'. Tells me they want him sold.

It was already well known that Vlaar had a release clause in his contract before the technical director confirmed it. Feyenoord started to get vocal from Thursday onwards...4 days after the visit of Vlaar. That may have been a bit premature as Villa still had a day to get in contact...

Feyenoord wanted to get it over as soon as possible. There is no point in fishing for more interest because it will not inflate the transfer fee.

On the Feyenoord forums I went on, they were shocked and had no idea that the release clause was so low. Blamed management.

Why was there a deadline for Villa to get in contact? Who put that in place? A week really isn't that long a period when the buying club is on a different continent.

No it wouldn't inflate the fee. BUT if Villa's interest wasn't that serious or wasn't going to be taken further it would flush out other buyers to make sure Feyenoord get their money.

Genuinely I have never seen a club comment so much on the potential sale of their 'prized asset'.

Amazingly, you seem to have managed to miss totally the many transfer market adventures of Dave Whelan, Chairman of Wigan FC!!! :lol:

Genuinely I have never seen a club comment so much on the potential sale of their 'prized asset'.

Amazingly, you seem to have managed to miss totally the many transfer market adventures of Dave Whelan, Chairman of Wigan FC!!! :lol:

haha good point. Although Van Geel gives him a run for his money.

Oh, and to the posters above who have been emphasisng the we are the buying club, we will act when we want to and behave to the club and player just as we want, so they will just have to put up with it - that's right!

We are Billy Big Bollocks Villa! The mighty Villa! We came 16th in the Premier League last season and we have American owners. Don't talk to us about behaving with integrity or respect for anyone else in the footballing world! :winkold:

Maybe vlaar's agent was asking for too much?

Or Vlaar failed his 'interview' with Lambert. Especially considering the day after Lambert said it was just a chat.

Yeah probably, wouldn't surprise me if Lambert changed his mind and now vlaar is trying to save himself with Feyenoord.

If he has a release clause of €4m, how can Feyenoord put a deadline on our transfer? Bullshit, they cant. We can bid €4m whenever we please and Feyenoord have absolutely no choice but to accept it. Vlaar or his agent can come for more, formal, talks and then reject us if they wish but Feyenoord's ultimatum's, deadlines and general bullshittery means the square root of **** all when Vlaar has a release clause. It would be nice to not piss them off and start a good relationship with them, they have a fantastic academy that always have players stolen from them. But if we do piss them off and make a bid later than they wanted, so what? **** them.

His agent seems trouble and Vlaar seems like a needy prima donna. We've had enough of those recently.

Don't want him now.

We also have only conceded 1 goal in 3 Pre-season games. Maybe KEA helps by protecting the defence, or is it the fact that we don't just sit back all the time.

Also Clark looks to be getting a run now too. I am not sure CB is our priority positions of need. We need a LB, Winger and Striker before CB IMO.

Actually, I'd say CB is a massive priority still. We can't have either Dunne or Collins as our starting CBs next season. That said, there are more CBs out there than Vlaar.

Really, really, really couldn't give less of a toss about Vlaar's agent and/or Feyenoord wailing and gnashing their teeth over the move. Aston Villa's first priority is to Aston Villa, not to the convenience of other parties.

Surely Aston Villa's first priority should be to back their new manager when he identifies players to improve the first team.

Now maybe we have someone better lined up but from the evidence out there it doesn't look great on our part.

I'm not too bothered wether it's Vlaar or some other player I've never heard of. My concern is that Lerner is still making piss poor decisions that ultimately hold us back.

After the last two years its only took hiring lambert to continue the blind faith in the way Lerner runs this club for some.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to question wether Lambert is getting the kind of backing he thought he would.

Really, really, really couldn't give less of a toss about Vlaar's agent and/or Feyenoord wailing and gnashing their teeth over the move. Aston Villa's first priority is to Aston Villa, not to the convenience of other parties.

Surely Aston Villa's first priority should be to back their new manager when he identifies players to improve the first team.

Now maybe we have someone better lined up but from the evidence out there it doesn't look great on our part.

I'm not too bothered wether it's Vlaar or some other player I've never heard of. My concern is that Lerner is still making piss poor decisions that ultimately hold us back.

After the last two years its only took hiring lambert to continue the blind faith in the way Lerner runs this club for some.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to question wether Lambert is getting the kind of backing he thought he would.

And how do you know Lambert isn't being backed? We don't know the full story yet.

I swear you want Lambert not being backed to be the case just so your digs at Lerner will carry more weight.

I swear you want Lambert not being backed to be the case just so your digs at Lerner will carry more weight.

Yes clearly that's what I want.

I renewed my season ticket in the hope I can watch the same shit as last year. I'm desperate for us to be a nothing team for the near future.

I'm glad you can see that.

This whole thing just goes to show that nobody is ITK, and those that were (MM, Gazton, thetrees) were wrongly attacked for sharing what they knew. Takes the piss.

The whole 'Welcome' thing has become a bit of a joke and it needs to stop. The named people above are the only ones with any credibility here.