Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

realistically skylar is as much to blame as Walt for Hanks death so wouldnt be suprised if she gets ina fight wit Marie and she accidently ends up killing her

I don't know Demi, I mean surely the aftermath would have been more immediate, Walt rings Jr right before he's due to come back to ABQ and he has no problem accepting a phone call from his aunt. Admittedly he's been in the dark about a lot of things, but I don't think it's likely that something like that will happen.

Watched The Granite State again last night. I didn't notice on first watching just much Walt really loses it at the end.

He was about to give himself up after Walt jr. disowned him as he was a beaten man. Jesse was Walt's adopted son, he's lost him. Skylar's gone, his whole family, which was all he did any of this for, have gone in one way or another.

Then he saw the Schwartzs on TV. Then as they say that Walt's dead, and the monster that's living now isn't Walter White, he suddenly triggers that they're right. He is a monster, he has no need now for any restraint or any last semblance of compassion. He's free to exact every bit of revenge he wants without consequence, especially as he's about to die anyway.

Therefore, I think that most of the last episode will be a bloodbath. Gilligan doesn't mind mercilessly killing people off so I wouldn't be surprised to see Walt bump off Marie right at the start. I think Skylar and the baby are just about off bounds, even as a forced suicide; Walt doesn't have any interest in his family any more so won't want to take them all with him or anything. Same with Walt Jr.

I think it'll be a bit of a last man standing type affair. He'll take out most of the Nazi's and Jessie, and everyone else who gets in his way. Then finally be cut down in a hail of bullets.

The only thing I'd say against all of that Darren; and I appreciate the TV appearance of Grey Matter happens after the basis for my response; is the fact that his well-staged phone call to Skyler (with the cops listening in) where he tries to protect her by admonishing her of any blame and does it while it is clearly tearing him up inside to do so (by effectively burning that bridge) shows me that he still has a lot of compassion for his family and that they will probably all remain off limits. I'm also not sure what Marie has done at any point to attract any specific revenge from Walt.

It's possible that he might go on an indiscriminate rampage that includes parts of his family but I think it's more likely and far more in keeping with his character that the rampage will only include everyone else. And I include Jesse in that because by going to the DEA and all that happened as a result of that with Hank dying and the money being robbed, Jesse for me has finally lost all leverage with Walt and might even become the primary focus.

The only thing I'd say against all of that Darren; and I appreciate the TV appearance of Grey Matter happens after the basis for my response; is the fact that his well-staged phone call to Skyler (with the cops listening in) where he tries to protect her by admonishing her of any blame and does it while it is clearly tearing him up inside to do so (by effectively burning that bridge) shows me that he still has a lot of compassion for his family and that they will probably all remain off limits. I'm also not sure what Marie has done at any point to attract any specific revenge from Walt.

It's possible that he might go on an indiscriminate rampage that includes parts of his family but I think it's more likely and far more in keeping with his character that the rampage will only include everyone else. And I include Jesse in that because by going to the DEA and all that happened as a result of that with Hank dying and the money being robbed, Jesse for me has finally lost all leverage with Walt and might even become the primary focus.

Yup, there's every chance Jesse is the prime focus, definitely more of a chance than of Walt saving him anyway. He pins all of this on Jesse. For me the only way Jesse gets out alive is if he kills Walt, then you have to wonder why would Gilligan have someone actually kill him, he's on death's door as is. 

Oh yeah I'm fairly sure Jesse is a dead man walking. 

I'd have agreed with both of you before I watched it again and saw Walt die inside and become nothing but a walking cesspit of vengeance. 

Obviously it's only acting but it may as well be real for how brilliant Bryan Cranston is.

I disagree Darren, after ringing Junior and seeing that he doesn't want his money Walt realises the only thing left to do is hand himself in so Skylar can carry on raising their daughter. On seeing Gretchen & Elliott on tv, he realises he has unfinished business, the major point here is that 4 months later they announce that blue meth is all over the south west and even as far as Europe. He knows Todd could not cook this by himself as he had about 6 months working with Walt and not been able to pick it up despite applying himself as Walter put it. He sees that both of his empires that he laid the foundations for are doing well without him, others are making millions off his genius or brand or both. At this stage it isn't about the money, it's all about ego. He'd never go after his family, the Nazi's, Jesse, Lydia & Grey Matter are another kettle of fish though. I really think he'll destroy both empires on his terms before handing himself in to save Skylar or else die before he gets the opportunity.

• Like 2

I definitely like the idea that he comes up with a plan to associate himself with grey matter to hit their share prices, not sure if he will use physical violence against any of them though

No I don't think so either. I'm more intrigued as to how he'll take down the Nazis, as the all appear to be pretty good with a gun in their hands and serious weapons. 

I think Marie is going to do something crazy in the finale. She has lost essentially everything she had now and she was already a total nut job before any of the shit hit the fan, so I expect something very interesting out of her. 

I'm not so sure. There's a lot of stuff to get done in a single episode now so I don't see Marie playing a huge role in the finale, and what's she going to do anyway? Storm the Nazi base? Somehow find Walt and point a gun to his head? I just don't see it happening with so much else going on.

Yup and it's been months since Walt's left and she hasn't done much considering Walt junior wasn't shocked to take a phone call off her, like she had turned into a mad woman or something. I think the finale will be all Walt.

Yeah I suppose so you guys might be right, but I still have a slight feeling she'll have some sort of impact role in the finale...I'm sure she'd be more than happy to take Walt out.

Seasons 1-2 I'd have said it was good.

Season 3-4 I'd have said it's up there with the Wire and the Sopranos as one of the best TV shows ever.

Season 5, it has surpassed them. In my eyes there's no other show on this level.

Do not read through this thread, start from season 1 and avoid spoilers as much as possible. It's an experience unlike anything else.

• Like 2

Season 3-4 I'd have said it's up there with the Wire and the Sopranos as one of the best TV shows ever.

Season 5, it has surpassed them. In my eyes there's no other show on this level.

Do not read through this thread, start from season 1 and avoid spoilers as much as possible. It's an experience unlike anything else.

100% agree with this.

100% agree with this.

Yep. If you haven't watched it yet, STAY OUT OF THIS **** THREAD.

It was on FX after the first season aired in the US, but it was just marketed poorly and so noone knew about it. Then it got famous on the internet and who knows why FX didn't give it a better advertising campaign, they could have done really well off of it. FX seem to have a good relationship with AMC and bringing their shows over here like The Walking Dead and more recently Low Winter Sun, which I think they picked up because they didn't want to make the same mistake they did with Breaking Bad. Amazing how it took so long for someone to pick it up again over here though, fairplay to Netflix I say.

Edited by Ginko

Â