Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

thanks ginko SPOILER ALERT

[ spoiler ]The flaws I think, the whole picture of a barrel full of money was unrealistic. Walt is seen as super intelligent and I highly doubt he would have fallen for such a cheap trick! The other flaw was when Hanks Wife tricked Skylar and providing all the information, I mean come on she had no evidence at all it was words with no foundation and she fell for it. She might as well have told skylar the sky was green if she was going to believe that Walt had been caught. Hopefully they make up for it this week![ /spolier ]

Edited by Demitri_C

thanks ginko SPOILER ALERT

The flaws I think, the whole picture of a barrel full of money was unrealistic. Walt is seen as super intelligent and I highly doubt he would have fallen for such a cheap trick! The other flaw was when Hanks Wife tricked Skylar and providing all the information, I mean come on she had no evidence at all it was words with no foundation and she fell for it. She might as well have told skylar the sky was green if she was going to believe that Walt had been caught. Hopefully they make up for it this week! [/spolier]

Jesse told him the van had gps on it, he knew that Jesse knew where he got the van from & about the barrels, as he said he "pistol whipped" Heull. Hank also tells him, that it was a poor picture but that Walt would be so overcome of the thought of looking for his money that he wouldn't think twice. We also see Walt is completely rattled at this stage and is acting purely on emotion. He proceeds to drive erratically to the money, while blurting out everything he ever did to Jesse over the phone. He's clearly not thinking straight. This is further enhanced when he tries to bargain with Jack for Hank's life & Hank tells him he's the smartest man he knows but couldn't see he made his mind up ten mins ago. 

As for the second part, firstly, Skylar has been ringing him since he left the car wash and can't get through to him, he obviously left in a hurry. It's also highly unlikely Marie would try and call her bluff with the tape that Skylar & Walt made as it would ruin Hank's name. I also think Skylar sees Marie as inferior to her in a lot of ways most certainly in terms of intelligence and would not be smart enough to pull the wool over her eyes in such a scenario.

• Like 1

[ spoiler ]The flaws I think, the whole picture of a barrel full of money was unrealistic. Walt is seen as super intelligent and I highly doubt he would have fallen for such a cheap trick! The other flaw was when Hanks Wife tricked Skylar and providing all the information, I mean come on she had no evidence at all it was words with no foundation and she fell for it. She might as well have told skylar the sky was green if she was going to believe that Walt had been caught. Hopefully they make up for it this week![ /spolier ]

Remove the spaces from between the spoiler tags and you get ... spoiler tags!! See :)

The flaws I think, the whole picture of a barrel full of money was unrealistic. Walt is seen as super intelligent and I highly doubt he would have fallen for such a cheap trick! The other flaw was when Hanks Wife tricked Skylar and providing all the information, I mean come on she had no evidence at all it was words with no foundation and she fell for it. She might as well have told skylar the sky was green if she was going to believe that Walt had been caught. Hopefully they make up for it this week!

Remove the spaces from between the spoiler tags and you get ... spoiler tags!! See :)

The flaws I think, the whole picture of a barrel full of money was unrealistic. Walt is seen as super intelligent and I highly doubt he would have fallen for such a cheap trick! The other flaw was when Hanks Wife tricked Skylar and providing all the information, I mean come on she had no evidence at all it was words with no foundation and she fell for it. She might as well have told skylar the sky was green if she was going to believe that Walt had been caught. Hopefully they make up for it this week!

And while we're at it, I disagree with you on both counts Demitri. I feel you're not fully appreciating the mental state of the Whites in both situations. Walter is ALL about the money he has made for his family. Jesse has just explained to him that the van had GPS shortly after sending him a picture of a barrel buried in dirt. I don't know why you find it difficult to believe that Walt would worry that they'd found his life's work. Not only have they just shown him a picture that looks exactly like what they would have found, but they've explained how they found it. From his point of view he has been rumbled. I find it perfectly understandable tbh.

Also with regards to Skyler. You have to remember that she herself knows precisely how guilty Walt is and she knows that Hank knows and that it's only a matter of time before they get proof. So, again, when Marie says she just got a call from Hank saying he has Walter bang to rights, all it would appear to be from Skyler's point of view is exactly what she's been waiting for and she'd have no reason to be suspicious at all.

My only problem with how it panned out was that she allowed herself to be convinced there and then by Marie to tell Flynn straight away, before she had time to verify the situation. That didn't quite sit right with me and it went slightly against her character.

Don't underestimate the power of paranoia. Walt's judgement was clouded. Having your partner, the guy out to get you, phone up and say "I've got your money" followed by a picture would not have fooled Walt when he was calm and in control, but he was not at this point, far from it.

The DEA angle is the one that bothers me. I mean, two high ranking DEA agents go off grid for a while, with the head of the department having boxes of files of information about the Heisenberg case delivered to his garage, and no one along the chain of command thinks something might be up.

You're forgetting BOF that she pleaded with her that he couldn't know but all through this Skylar has put her kids first, and Marie gives her the bargain chip that Hank will do everything he can for her, but she must tell Flynn everything. Skylar while wanting to protect him more than anything realizes he'll find out anyway and that she must now do everything to keep herself from going down with Walt. 

The DEA angle is the one that bothers me. I mean, two high ranking DEA agents go off grid for a while, with the head of the department having boxes of files of information about the Heisenberg case delivered to his garage, and no one along the chain of command thinks something might be up.

Not much time has actually passes though CED. When Hank leaves the White's he has a near heart attack, crashes the car and is likely to be out of work for a few weeks on medical leave anyway. Remember Walt cops on immediately that Hank is onto him when he can't find Leaves of Grass. The next day Hank has the files delivered and Walt confronts him, the same day Hank moves in on Skylar and Walt buries the money. He gets copies of the files delivered to his house by people under him so you'd imagine that it would not go higher than him as he is the assistant special agent in charge. As for Gomez he's been gone about 2 days, he's there for Jesse's confession, the next morning they try to get Walt on tape at noon, after this Jesse goes for the money, so I don't think people would be overly suspicious.

Edited by Folski

Not much time has actually passes though CED. When Hank leaves the White's he has a near heart attack, crashes the car and is likely to be out of work for a few weeks on medical leave anyway. Remember Walt cops on immediately that Hank is onto him when he can't find Leaves of Grass. The next day Hank has the files delivered and Walt confronts him, the same day Hank moves in on Skylar and Walt buries the money. He gets copies of the files delivered to his house by people under him so you'd imagine that it would not go higher than him as he is the assistant special agent in charge. As for Gomez he's been gone about 2 days, he's there for Jesse's confession, the next morning they try to get Walt on tape at noon, after this Jesse goes for the money, so I don't think people would be overly suspicious.

Plus Gomez does mention at some point (I can't remember the exact context) that if something they're trying doesn't play itself out that 'I don't care if you're my boss. I'll put a stop to this'.

You're forgetting BOF that she pleaded with her that he couldn't know but all through this Skylar has put her kids first, and Marie gives her the bargain chip that Hank will do everything he can for her, but she must tell Flynn everything. Skylar while wanting to protect him more than anything realizes he'll find out anyway and that she must now do everything to keep herself from going down with Walt.

Yeah true. It wasn't a major gripe. It just didn't quite sit right as I was watching it. You're probably right.

Walt uses the ricin to poison the gangs water supply then takes the money and gives it to Jessi and the boy, he then goes to Skylar and gives himself up to the police, the

Police think Jessi is missing with Hank and you see him next to the beach giving money to a drugs program orphanage.

The other thing that's nagging me is the two that own Gray Matter tech, they may be in for a shock as well, this sort of all started with them cutting Walt out, he lost it with them when they came on TV, remember Walt's gift.............

The other thing that's nagging me is the two that own Gray Matter tech, they may be in for a shock as well, this sort of all started with them cutting Walt out, he lost it with them when they came on TV, remember Walt's gift.............

I don't remember Walt's gift now that you mention it. But I hope they take up a minimal amount of screen time because frankly they don't matter (har har) to the story arc. And it would be dead air to try and somehow make them important in the finale. It'd also tell me they were running out of stuff to fill 75 minutes with.

I don't remember Walt's gift now that you mention it. But I hope they take up a minimal amount of screen time because frankly they don't matter (har har) to the story arc. And it would be dead air to try and somehow make them important in the finale. It'd also tell me they were running out of stuff to fill 75 minutes with.

More like 53mins :( I do think he'll some how fix everything and die, Walt's gift were a type of noodles ya? I think if he's to hit Grey Matter at all, it will be via their share price, as we see they've already spunked $28m trying to distance themselves from him. If he can somehow show how vital he was to the organisation in the next episode it's like a lot of companies would think twice about doing business with someone like Grey Matter. How fitting an end would it be if he goes back kills all the Nazis & puts Jesse out of his misery with the ricin, gives himself up, reveals he was so much more to Grey Matter than just the name, and while he's in custody the news comes on and we see Grey Matter are in financial crisis and he has basically destroyed both empires he created on his terms.

More like 53mins :( I do think he'll some how fix everything and die, Walt's gift were a type of noodles ya? I think if he's to hit Grey Matter at all, it will be via their share price, as we see they've already spunked $28m trying to distance themselves from him. If he can somehow show how vital he was to the organisation in the next episode it's like a lot of companies would think twice about doing business with someone like Grey Matter. How fitting an end would it be if he goes back kills all the Nazis & puts Jesse out of his misery with the ricin, gives himself up, reveals he was so much more to Grey Matter than just the name, and while he's in custody the news comes on and we see Grey Matter are in financial crisis and he has basically destroyed both empires he created on his terms.

This guy....

Predicts football and breaking bad... I really like that hitting Grey Matter in the share price idea.. I think I'm going to have to stop reading Folski posts in this thread. They are effectively spoilers

• Like 1

53? Ah crap.

75mins on tv, including adverts BOF, so comes to about 53mins of actual Br Ba :(

This guy....

Predicts football and breaking bad... I really like that hitting Grey Matter in the share price idea.. I think I'm going to have to stop reading Folski posts in this thread. They are effectively spoilers

Nice to be appreciated Yillan

The final episode titled "Felina" ... Fe (Iron) Li (Lithium) Na (Sodium) Or Blood, Meth & Tears ... Also an anagram for "finale"

Also Villa rule it's been deduced that Lithium while found in certain types of meth cooks, it has no relevance to either the P2P cook they've been using or the Sudo cook they used early on. :(

And while we're at it, I disagree with you on both counts Demitri. I feel you're not fully appreciating the mental state of the Whites in both situations. Walter is ALL about the money he has made for his family. Jesse has just explained to him that the van had GPS shortly after sending him a picture of a barrel buried in dirt. I don't know why you find it difficult to believe that Walt would worry that they'd found his life's work. Not only have they just shown him a picture that looks exactly like what they would have found, but they've explained how they found it. From his point of view he has been rumbled. I find it perfectly understandable tbh.

I would hAve thought Walt would have known Jessie was working with the DEA so they would try any trick him at any cost. With Walts intelligence I would have thought he would have asked for more evidence before crumbling

Also with regards to Skyler. You have to remember that she herself knows precisely how guilty Walt is and she knows that Hank knows and that it's only a matter of time before they get proof. So, again, when Marie says she just got a call from Hank saying he has Walter bang to rights, all it would appear to be from Skyler's point of view is exactly what she's been waiting for and she'd have no reason to be suspicious at all.

But Walt had them right where he wanted them if they tried to, not only was Hanks op funded with dirty money he made the video confession very believable and I dont think she would have risked Hanks name being dragged through the mud

My only problem with how it panned out was that she allowed herself to be convinced there and then by Marie to tell Flynn straight away, before she had time to verify the situation. That didn't quite sit right with me and it went slightly against her character. 

Agree with this part though ;-)

Â