Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

In fairness looking at his missus twitter, she does seem to be a supporter of the club....says she went up to the Sunderland game the other week and took one of the kids to the Swansea game so I don't think she's Anti-Aston villa or anything, just doesn't like her man getting criticised and so gets protective.

• Like 2

Depends what the club are asking for isn't it Drat....it was relaxed under MON. I believe the likes of Heskey, Friedel and Dunne were commuting from Cheshire. This changed under Houllier from memory.

I've heard of instances at other clubs where players are allowed to stay in their family home for most of the week but 48 hourse before a game they need to base themselves in the local area either a house the club rents or a hotel. In MON's day we always stayed at a hotel the night before a home game.

In fairness I have no idea what Lambert is demanding.

Some real holier than thou shit going down right now.

I don't think so really. It may be a bit OTT, but people have a right to be annoyed by this.

Lowton showed last season he has the potential to be a very good RB and could certainly become a fan favourite, he already was a bit, especially after that goal. And this was one of the main reasons many on here were confused and disappointed by his absence early in the season. Now it's slowly trickling through that the cause of this is rifts with Lambert, secretly moving to Sheffield - ignoring club policy to live close to Brum -, and then showing up late for training - there may have been a crash, but he wouldn't even be on the M1 if he lived nearer to Brum -. And I wouldn't be surprised if you could throw little effort in training in there too.

All this because he can't live an hour away from Sheffield? If I was earning Premier League wages, hell even top end League 2 wages, I'd make an effort to obey club policy and move within 20 minutes of the club. It's not good enough.

People are annoyed because he's throwing away the opportunity to play Premier League, and for Villa, for years to come because he won't move to Brum, he needs to get a grip. But if he can't handle living far away from Sheffield, I'm sure we can sell him back to Sheff Utd in League 1.

People are annoyed about a rumour and have no idea behind the reasons why it may even have happened or how many times it has happened. Added to that they have no idea about club rules or his famliy circumstances and reasons for living away

Also your "If I was on premier league wages" is a bit holier than thou.

• Like 1

Depends what the club are asking for isn't it Drat....it was relaxed under MON. I believe the likes of Heskey, Friedel and Dunne were commuting from Cheshire. This changed under Houllier from memory.

I've heard of instances at other clubs where players are allowed to stay in their family home for most of the week but 48 hourse before a game they need to base themselves in the local area either a house the club rents or a hotel. In MON's day we always stayed at a hotel the night before a home game.

and the last bit is the key thing chris. You read some of the comments on here and you would think that lambert insists on the players live out of their cars in the north stand car park. As said where matty lowtons family are from in / nr chesterfield are within 1 hour of bmh for example. It really isnt an issue that lambert enforced a club rule re being late, what is an issue is some of the wild accusations that fans now seemingly quoting as fact. But i suppose it says more about them than the player, manager or club i suppose

and the last bit is the key thing chris. You read some of the comments on here and you would think that lambert insists on the players live out of their cars in the north stand car park. As said where matty lowtons family are from in / nr chesterfield are within 1 hour of bmh for example. It really isnt an issue that lambert enforced a club rule re being late, what is an issue is some of the wild accusations that fans now seemingly quoting as fact. But i suppose it says more about them than the player, manager or club i suppose

But what about where his partner's family are from? The rumour suggested he was/is/had been with her, if this is in Sheffield, this is not an hour away?

He was dropped for turning up late for training.

Yes and if he was at home in Chesterfield (?), he should not be... surely? 

(Yes, there could have been severe traffic problems, I admit I have not had a look.)

Some real holier than thou shit going down right now.

I don't think so really. It may be a bit OTT, but people have a right to be annoyed by this.

Lowton showed last season he has the potential to be a very good RB and could certainly become a fan favourite, he already was a bit, especially after that goal. And this was one of the main reasons many on here were confused and disappointed by his absence early in the season. Now it's slowly trickling through that the cause of this is rifts with Lambert, secretly moving to Sheffield - ignoring club policy to live close to Brum -, and then showing up late for training - there may have been a crash, but he wouldn't even be on the M1 if he lived nearer to Brum -. And I wouldn't be surprised if you could throw little effort in training in there too.

All this because he can't live an hour away from Sheffield? If I was earning Premier League wages, hell even top end League 2 wages, I'd make an effort to obey club policy and move within 20 minutes of the club. It's not good enough.

People are annoyed because he's throwing away the opportunity to play Premier League, and for Villa, for years to come because he won't move to Brum, he needs to get a grip. But if he can't handle living far away from Sheffield, I'm sure we can sell him back to Sheff Utd in League 1.

People are annoyed about a rumour and have no idea behind the reasons why it may even have happened or how many times it has happened. Added to that they have no idea about club rules or his famliy circumstances and reasons for living away

Also your "If I was on premier league wages" is a bit holier than thou.

It's been reported that he was disciplined for turning up late to training, and his missus confirmed this on twitter and stated he had an excuse as there was a crash that he caused traffic he got stuck in. Not much digging can tell you this was probably probably the one on the M1, which indicates he is living north of Mansfield/Chesterfield. No, we don't know the exact club policy on where players should live, but this isn't the first time this issue has reared. It happened with Ireland and I think one or two other players two within the last couple seasons, including Lowton a few months ago. So I think it's safe to assume this is a rule at the club, but we don't know the specifics. So Lowton shouldn't have been caught up by this traffic.

It's not as if this is all about this one incident why people are getting upset, he's been crap all season and not really been showing much effort, so to now hear he's showing up late to training, and possibly breaking club policy in the process, is frustrating. Fans don't like to see when players seemingly throw away what they've got.

Maybe we are jumping to conclusions and Lambert is just really strict on when players show, no excuses, but I think it's extreme given Lowtons excuse.

As for my comment about wages, I don't see how saying I would move closer to BH if i was earning thousands per week shows a smug sense of moral superiority.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Houllier's rules only applied to players he didn't sign. I seem to remember Pires being chauffeured from London to training on a daily basis.

Bit low slagging his missus off based on her looks and calling her a WAG. Considering they have 3 kids at a young age, they've probably been together a while, certainly before he was earning 'big money'

That being said, he's a Premiership footballer and they have to accept the rules that come with such a priveliged position. If that is living in the region, then so be it. They probably enjoy the money he earns so have to tow the company line. If not, then goodbye

If he refuses to move to the area, then lets get Naughton

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

But if he goes - who will he sign for that is closer (in the Premier League) to Chesterfield than us?

West Brom - can't see us selling him to them (and further away!)

Stoke - ditto (and still a crap journey)

Neither Manchester team would sign him (and that's still a terrible journey) and there's no Prem team in Sheffield or Leeds

Lowton must hope either Leicester (still a jaunt from Chesterfield) or Derby get promoted.....

If it continues I'd sell him to Sunderland - that'll piss his missus off.

If players are to live close to training, he shouldn't be driving down from the Sheffield area.

Lack of respect for the club that gave him the chance. Others seem to cope well!

do you know where all the players live by the way? Do you know how things occurred on Friday, the day that the team were getting together before the match? Do you know anything about the accident on the m1 that caused major / significant travel disruptions all around south yorks and north east derbyshire? Do you know how he has supposedly showed a lack of respect to the club? Do you know him or his family or what they are like?

Not aimed at you dodgy - i always think of you as one of the good guys :-) - but reading some of the infantile and quite crass comments on this thread does make you wonder why VT continues if this is the level we are sinking to now.

Being as these people aren't directly tweeting her, how on earth is she finding them?

doyou actually know how twitter works?

Yeah I know how Twitter works, I was referring to the ones where nobody mentioned Lowton's name at all, which you would see I had said further down the thread.

I don't know why you're trying to get at me for asking such a simple question, I didn't think it was that much of a problem to be fair.

• Like 1

Disappointing that he is letting disciplinary matters affect his career. He hasn't played as well this season which does make you wonder if behind the scenes matters are affecting his head.

One of my favourite Villa players though so hope he can sort himself out. I'm sure we would all rather have an in-form at RB than Bacuna; with Bacuna playing in midfield.

So looks like he was late for training due to being stuck in traffic because I presume he was miles away when he set off.

Guy must be mental, for what he is paid Id sleep in a tent in front of the Holte End for the duration of the season.

On a plus if he ever does become world class we don't have to worry about Real Madrid taking him off us!

His brother getting involved now.

Glenn Lowton @glenn_lowt 8m

Continuously late........ Once since he signed! Can't legislate for a chemical spillage and the road being closed for over 6 hours!!

Glenn Lowton @glenn_lowt 7m

His brother loves a drink so matts hit the bottle too.......

Glenn Lowton @glenn_lowt 5m

Love some of the things I read on here!! Brilliant!! Off out to get steaming anyway, might text Mattie and influence him 

As slightly annoying as it might be I've no idea why some of the Villa fans take to Twitter to rant about it, or even tweet his brother about it. Utterly pointless.

I agree but they'd still be better off ignoring those who are ranting and such, to a degree they should expect it being as they're putting themselves out there to be contacted. Not saying I condone people tweeting them about it and stuff, but if they are going to put themselves out there on a social network then they at least need to know when to ignore people, responding to it just escalates the situation and could even make it worse.

Â