Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

has it been said on here yet - late for training yesterday

Seems odd that he would be dropped from the squad for simply being late for training one day. A slap on the wrist, a telling off, a fine at the most - you wouldn't leave the player out of the entire squad for that though I'm sure.

Seems odd that he would be dropped from the squad for simply being late for training one day. A slap on the wrist, a telling off, a fine at the most - you wouldn't leave the player out of the entire squad for that though I'm sure.

But if rumours are too be believed maybe Lambert has become fed up with him.

Yeah that is kinda what I was getting at, you wouldn't drop somebody out of your squad because they were late on one occasion. There is obviously more to it than that, we'll probably never know either way but as things stand it needs to be sorted out one way or another.

This is not good news.

It shouldn't be tolerated and isn't by the looks of it.

As has been said, he's in danger of ruining his career. He won't be moving to any better clubs than us for a while.

Why was he late for training though? Was he yet again travelling down from Sheffield (when he should be in his house in Four Oaks).

I know it's not ideal for him but players do actually get days off so he can spend time with her and the kids even if it's not every minute of ever day. They'll be off tomorrow, maybe part of Monday and most prem clubs usually give players Wednesdays off aswell. And a free weekend off coming up.

Plus training is done by 1pm so he can be back home for 3.

When you break it down like that it's plenty of free time compared to Joe Bloggs.

If you turn up late to training then you are showing little respect for the club, manager or teammates. Being dropped correct #Lowton #avfc

his missus response to late training

@davidsummers64 @ThatAnt_ stuck in traffic behind a major crash which kept the road closed all most of the day...... good enuf reason

Edited by Villan4Life

Yeah that is kinda what I was getting at, you wouldn't drop somebody out of your squad because they were late on one occasion. There is obviously more to it than that, we'll probably never know either way but as things stand it needs to be sorted out one way or another.

U think Ferguson wouldn't? The guys on thousands a week, not to hard to get to training on time, especially when it prob doesn't start to 9 or 10

his missus response to late training

@davidsummers64 @ThatAnt_ stuck in traffic behind a major crash which kept the road closed all most of the day...... good enuf reason

He needs to tell her not to disclose such information to the public, in fact I'd just get her to delete her Twitter account or make it private, pretty daft talking about things that may get him into even more trouble. I'm guessing that the "reason" didn't go down too well.

U think Ferguson wouldn't? The guys on thousands a week, not to hard to get to training on time, especially when it prob doesn't start to 9 or 10

And if you live in the local area, surely if he lived at his home in Four Oaks where many other players live, he wouldn't be the only one late because of a major crash. His lady is just going to make things worse for him if she doesn't keep her trap shut to be fair.

And if you live in the local area, surely if he lived at his home in Four Oaks where many other players live, he wouldn't be the only one late because of a major crash. His lady is just going to make things worse for him if she doesn't keep her trap shut to be fair.

Yes he was probably travelling down from Sheffield and the reason he was disciplined was he shouldn't be living there. He wasn't late because of a crash but because he was somewhere the club doesn't want him to live.

Presume he's living somewhere around Chesterfield so it's still only an hours drive to training which hardly catastrophic. Not too sure he needs to be living in Four Oaks or within Birmingham to be honest.

Around 65 Miles from Chesterfield if they live there, and around 69 from Sheffs.. Around 45mins to 1hr driving and bound be traffic/traffic jams that time in morning on the motorways, shows why the players should live locally to get to training easier..

I agree with the others, if you read her tweets back to Sept, she has said a number of silly comments badmouthing the management and other things

Presume he's living somewhere around Chesterfield so it's still only an hours drive to training which hardly catastrophic. Not too sure he needs to be living in Four Oaks or within Birmingham to be honest.

meant to have happened numerous occasions late though, shouldn't be one rule for all others players live locally and him over 65 miles away? Doesn't happen at other clubs so why should Lowton be able to do it?

meant to have happened numerous occasions late though, shouldn't be one rule for all others players live locally and him over 65 miles away? Doesn't happen at other clubs so why should Lowton be able to do it?

Fair enough, was just exploring the flip side. Guessing he doesn't want to move his kids about but he could even live on the outskirts of somewhere like Nottingham and be within a close enough vicinity to Sheffield and Birmingham.

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 1

Â