Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

It might seem a little harsh due to a traffic jam, I'd be pissed off if work fined me for being late. Having said that I'm glad that the club has rules in place so its not just used as an excuse.

from the link ''Lowton is believed to have set off from his north Derbyshire home at his usual time on Friday morning but was stuck in a traffic jam after an accident closed the M1 and he had to take a diversion.''

Hence why Lowton SHOULD be living closer, club rules and no doubt he told them he will always be on time... Don't hear of other players being hours late.

Rules are rules... If i was 2/3 hrs late for work no doubt i would be sacked... Other players have co-operated so why not Lowton?

Edited by Villan4Life

It might seem a little harsh due to a traffic jam, I'd be pissed off if work fined me for being late. Having said that I'm glad that the club has rules in place so its not just used as an excuse.

from the link ''Lowton is believed to have set off from his north Derbyshire home at his usual time on Friday morning but was stuck in a traffic jam after an accident closed the M1 and he had to take a diversion.''

Hence why Lowton SHOULD be living closer, club rules and no doubt he told them he will always be on time... Don't hear of other players being hours late.

Rules are rules... If i was 2/3 hrs late for work no doubt i would be sacked... Other players have co-operated so why not Lowton?

Where does it say he was 2/3 hours late?

How do you know where all the other players live?

Absolute rubbish to say he should move from an hour away just because the club have asked him to.

You'd be sacked being 2/3 hours late for work due to a traffic jam? I'd get another job.

I'm not defending Lowton here, this clearly runs deeper than this one incident.

• Like 2

You'd be sacked being 2/3 hours late for work due to a traffic jam? I'd get another job.

Yeah, the major hint is in the "his north Derbyshire home" line. HH and others mentioned it before and it is obviously still the case that he isn't living locally, I just hope it is sorted now and he gets his head back in the game.

For all I care, he could commute back and forth from Kuala Lumpur and spend all his spare time tied up in a gimp suit whilst his missus shoves a toilet brush up his bum, just as long as he got the business done on the pitch.  

Which, crucially, he hasn't been.

You seem fairly creative. Do you play in the hole by any chance?

Agree with this. I get the feeling there is more to this than we know.

Property Villa are no doubt paying for.

I think it's all reasonably clear unless I'm missing something.

Look, I can understand him wanting to be with his family. They're worth far more to him than the club ever will be. But if they (she) love him as much as he loves them (her) then they (she) need to support him in whatever he does and he needs to be man enough to make that work. In other words, he (they) need to grow up.

Either that or pick another career son. Down t'pit or something.

• Like 1

I wouldn't get sacked but I'd be in horrendously deep shit which would equate to worse for me personally than a 1 week fine would to Lowton.

It isn't much to ask from an extremely high paid individual: turn up on time and get to work. I don't give a toss where he live provided it doesn't effect Villa.

Like you say though, this clearly runs deeper.

Â