Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent cross against Shamrock Rovers for Benteke. Same as the goal away at Everton. If he can cross this well consistently during the season ala Leighton Baines, he will move above Kyle Walker and Glen Johnston as England's best right back. Walker and Johnston aren't known for being exceptional defenders but they are still just above Lowton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbkC5CKvijg

He has exceptional delivery in those positions, mayby worth sticking him in charge of set prices to see if he can do it with dead halls like Baines does.

Also watching sheff its the other night the lad who played at the back, Maguire was also a very good player worth looking at

Walker and Johnston aren't known for being exceptional defenders but they are still just above Lowton.

Kyle Walker is 22 and still improving. Who is better at right back? On present form or past reputation? Wouldn't buy any other right back in the world.

:detect:

I love you
Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

He has exceptional delivery in those positions, mayby worth sticking him in charge of set prices to see if he can do it with dead halls like Baines does.

Also watching sheff its the other night the lad who played at the back, Maguire was also a very good player worth looking at

Maguire is a good young centre back, but I think he's too slow to improve our defence.

On topic, another good performance and top assist from Matty today. I really enjoy watching him play.

Lowton could well be the next one to get attention from other clubs. Many of the players seem to have bought into Paul Lambert's mantra of a young, hungry team growing together. He now needs to grow the team fast enough to retain them.

Yeah can't see Spurs. I can see him however being somebody Moyes would love. A younger, right-sided version of Baines to understudy Rafael. But they also have that Varela they just signed.

Arsenal? But not sure he's quick enough for Wengers style.

Doesn't really matter. If we can really build around a core of Lowton, Okore, Westwood and Benteke we can really shoot up the league imo.

Â